2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
For the obvious gif...

da6b209c8cd9744290de72f07ca8dbed.gif

Damn seeing the Hall of Fame Game will feel like the Super Bowl. Hmm... Any other good discussion to have? May do some power rankings and such... How about other divisional rankings? Most of the debate of "who's gonna win the division" is just too boring tbh. Doesn't everybody think the Saints have the NFC South? Outside of the NFC Least most divisions are either predictable as all hell or the NFC West which is just crazy.

Well, both North divisions are pretty unpredictable. Who do you all have for that?

Dolphins working out Samson Satele, Andre Gurode, and Daryn Colledge in the wake of Pouncey's injury.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I didn't want to say Bengals and be boring. They and the Browns are both close. I really think the division is past the point of the Steelers/Ravens, both of whom have shallow rosters at this point compared to their Ohio counterparts.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I didn't want to say Bengals and be boring. They and the Browns are both close. I really think the division is past the point of the Steelers/Ravens, both of whom have shallow rosters at this point compared to their Ohio counterparts.

After heading to the store and thinking about this, you're right.

Browns + Gilbert and Dansby may have the best defense in the division if motivated, while if that 2nd rounder pans out they'll have the best O-Line as well. If Manziel pans out they've gotta be the odds-on favorites.

You're right, the Bengals are boring, and I'd love nothing more than to not see "Andy Dalton gets exposed in the playoffs" volume 3, but you can't look at the Hue Jackson + Giovanni Bernard combo and not piss yourself. Defense will take a step back.

Steelers have the Roethlisberger + Tomlin combo so they'll always be competitive, but it's all they have going for them. Baltimore has done a great job of plugging holes, but outside of maybe run defense there's nothing elite about the Ravens this year.

However all you NFC North fans are gonna get a treat, aren't you guys gonna have 6 games of Madden to watch your team play this year?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Damn, the Browns would be scary if Gordon wasn't suspended.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Dolphins working out Samson Satele, Andre Gurode, and Daryn Colledge in the wake of Pouncey's injury.

I, seriously, damn near cried when I heard Pouncey was injured... replacing him with a less experienced player adds at least 3 or 4 more sacks allowed... not a good thing at all.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I, seriously, damn near cried when I heard Pouncey was injured... replacing him with a less experienced player adds at least 3 or 4 more sacks allowed... not a good thing at all.

No, not at all.

Didn't realize just how scary the Dolphins COULD be this year, either. The D is already there, how good do you think the offense will be with a revamped line?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
No, not at all.

Didn't realize just how scary the Dolphins COULD be this year, either. The D is already there, how good do you think the offense will be with a revamped line?

There's a lot of factors... will the line truly be okay without Pouncey.. I'm really not so sure about that.. will Wallace finally step up and have the season he should have.. will Miller be able to handle the majority of the touches.. and will Tannehill have that breakout season that us Dolfans know he is capable of. If the answers to all those questions turn out to be yes then Miami should be very good his year. But that's too many factors for my liking so I say we have an average 9-7 or 10-6 season at best.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Dolphins have been one of those teams that have been teetering on the fence between mediocrity and a playoff run for the past few seasons. It sure looks like they have a fair shot of grabbing a wildcard berth behind New England.

Looking at their schedule, I'm predicting a 9-7 finish/#6 seed

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Dolphins have been one of those teams that have been teetering on the fence between mediocrity and a playoff run for the past few seasons. It sure looks like they have a fair shot of grabbing a wildcard berth behind New England.

Looking at their schedule, I'm predicting a 9-7 finish/#6 seed

Yep, as the resident Phins fan here.. I agree with this.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So is anyone buying the hype of 3 NFC West teams making the playoffs? Personally I believe that the Cardinals are good enough to earn a playoff berth in the AFC, but in a division like the NFC West, that seems like a tough thing to do. The Rams on the other hand, have a solid defense, but improving this season depends on what we see from Bradford. Since he was drafted, the case is still open as to whether he's a good QB or a mediocre one. Just haven't seen enough from him. I don't expect to see St. Louis in the playoffs this year, but if they had the luck of being plopped into the AFC, or even the NFC East, they may have a shot.

All in all, I'm selling it. 49ers and Seahawks are obvious bets, but I just can't trust that the Cards or Rams will be able to overcome internal issues to contest for a berth, while at the same time, clawing and scratching for a decent division record.

'Hawks 12-4*/1st seed
49ers 11-5*/5th seed
Cards 10-6
St. Louis 8-8

Snowman1

Reaction score
The only thing with St. Louis is that they're St. Louis and its virtually impossible to vote them as anything other than finishing last. Feels weird to shoehorn a team like that but we've been waiting for them to break out for the past forever.

Still that D-Line is a freaking nightmare with Aaron Donald in the mix with Brockers, Long, and Quinn! If there's a yellow river near you it's from Palmer and Kaepernick pissing themselves in fear of that. (Wilson's too much of a MAN!) The secondary got better as the season went on, the linebackers are fine, on offense they finally have a good backup QB in Shaun Hill who's great for when Bradford gets hurt, Mason and Stacy is a scary RB duo, they hopefully have a #1 receiver in Kenny Britt to go with Austin and Givens and an O-Line that looks secretly amazing... This roster is really dang impressive but they never seem to get over the hump.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Well, the Ravens just traded Rolando McClain to the Cowboys. :dafuq:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.