2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Man, how dare you think Curtis Martin was still on the board in Round 15!

The combined awesomeness of Dennis Pitta and Tim Tebow on the same team will make the ground roar, oceans quake, and fantasy players around the world tremble in fear. You just can't beat that.

I absolutely love your 1st draft. Played too much of my hand this year by saying over and over how I would totally go WR/WR, and that's why. Would love to be me and analyze it to death, but that would give away even more and we can't do that. :lol1: Somebody needs to unseat you this year, with Sharpy in the mix and me hopefully being less shitty and Danielson probably picking Dan Bailey in round 5 to help him win the league, we have a shot!

Just hope to beat you in the playoffs this year while starting your boy Alex Smith.
The thing about drafting WRs early is-
1. they seem safer. I'll have to check into this theory but t seems like a top10 RB is a bigger risk to bust than a top WR.
2. We see RB talent spring up from nowhere almost every year. While WR depth is abundant on draft day, perhaps it is easier to patch together your RBs over the course of the season than it is WR; if you are diligent on the waiver wire

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
hahahaha just realized I can do mocks on my phone. bye bye work productivity

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I aint afraid to go RG3/DeSwag back to back in the 1st & 2nd rounds although if McCoy is there for me you already know tho.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The thing about drafting WRs early is-
1. they seem safer. I'll have to check into this theory but t seems like a top10 RB is a bigger risk to bust than a top WR.
2. We see RB talent spring up from nowhere almost every year. While WR depth is abundant on draft day, perhaps it is easier to patch together your RBs over the course of the season than it is WR; if you are diligent on the waiver wire

That's exactly it. Knowing the way you play fantasy, using your bench as possible boom guys you can just cut if they suck, the WR/WR combo is perfect for you. The top wide receivers you can get in rounds 1 or 2 produce every year unless A: they get hurt, or B: there's some sort of predictable reason they fall off (headcase, not going through training camp, shitty quarterbacking). And while you lost out on an RB1 (who was drafted in your 1st? Peterson/Charles/Shady/Forte/Lacy...) you'll be the first one to pounce when Lorenzo Taliaferro becomes a fantasy stud after Rice and Pierce suck again.

May as well do this, it's May.

I love the Julio pick, with Roddy a year older and Gonzo gone he should get more targets than ever, he could easily lead the league in receiving yards. The one pick I didn't like was Ellington, he seems too David Wilson-y and just unproven, but you made up for that with the Vereen pick who in PPR could easily be an RB2 imo. So with the way your draft played out, Ellington is a VERY high upside flier just like you want. Great pick with Stafford, Caldwell's scheme fits the Lions' personel pretty well. Olsen and Woodhead were steals, great job not picking Torrey, and I'm not high on Stills... Hey, just for fun, lets look at the players with 10th round ADP!

Terrance West, Kenny Stills, Kelvin Benjamin, Broncos D/ST (wtf?) Chris Ivory, Zach Ertz, Russell Wilson, Anquan Boldin, Panthers D/ST, Dwayne Bowe, DeAndre Hopkins, Johnny Manziel, Danny Amendola, LeGarrette Blount

yeah Stills is up there with the best of that group

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That's exactly it. Knowing the way you play fantasy, using your bench as possible boom guys you can just cut if they suck, the WR/WR combo is perfect for you. The top wide receivers you can get in rounds 1 or 2 produce every year unless A: they get hurt, or B: there's some sort of predictable reason they fall off (headcase, not going through training camp, shitty quarterbacking). And while you lost out on an RB1 (who was drafted in your 1st? Peterson/Charles/Shady/Forte/Lacy...) you'll be the first one to pounce when Lorenzo Taliaferro becomes a fantasy stud after Rice and Pierce suck again.

May as well do this, it's May.

I love the Julio pick, with Roddy a year older and Gonzo gone he should get more targets than ever, he could easily lead the league in receiving yards. The one pick I didn't like was Ellington, he seems too David Wilson-y and just unproven, but you made up for that with the Vereen pick who in PPR could easily be an RB2 imo. So with the way your draft played out, Ellington is a VERY high upside flier just like you want. Great pick with Stafford, Caldwell's scheme fits the Lions' personel pretty well. Olsen and Woodhead were steals, great job not picking Torrey, and I'm not high on Stills... Hey, just for fun, lets look at the players with 10th round ADP!

Terrance West, Kenny Stills, Kelvin Benjamin, Broncos D/ST (wtf?) Chris Ivory, Zach Ertz, Russell Wilson, Anquan Boldin, Panthers D/ST, Dwayne Bowe, DeAndre Hopkins, Johnny Manziel, Danny Amendola, LeGarrette Blount

yeah Stills is up there with the best of that group

Having dicked around a bit more my early inclination is to grab a top RB if available but it not get the best WR. Round 2 the value is either a WR or Jimmy Graham.

ok now I've got the plan laid out time to draft in...... 3 months. shit

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
oh and as much as I love Zac Stacy does it scare anyone else that over 1/3 of his schedule will be against top flight defenses, SF And SEA in particular? seems potentially troubling

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm less afraid than you'd think. Marshawn Lynch has the same worry and we all saw how good he was last year.

Are the mock drafts on the phone on the espn.com site?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm less afraid than you'd think. Marshawn Lynch has the same worry and we all saw how good he was last year.

Are the mock drafts on the phone on the espn.com site?
yea, just have to use the 'lite" draft ap

as for Lynch vs Stacy though obviously Lynch Doesn't have to face his own D. I shy away from Gore for this reason. well that and a bunch of other reasons. fuck frank gore

Snowman1

Reaction score
yea, just have to use the 'lite" draft ap

as for Lynch vs Stacy though obviously Lynch Doesn't have to face his own D. I shy away from Gore for this reason. well that and a bunch of other reasons. fuck frank gore

Stacy over Lynch for sure, Lynch has wear and tear concerns and his play has to fall off at some point. Plus with the Rams' D-line now adding the beastly Aaron Donald to an outstanding lineup, they both will have a really tough matchup against each other. (Obviously Seattle is tougher). And yeah fuck Frank Gore

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't believe in "do not draft" lists, because everyone has value at some point, but Gore is as close to "do not draft" as I get. I wouldn't touch him before the 7th or 8th, and obviously he will never last that long.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Need to research this.

10406574_644726988935596_508412497430173051_n.jpg

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Need to research this.

10406574_644726988935596_508412497430173051_n.jpg

It is definitely true. Romo has a lot of regular season GW drives. Just easy to forget about them with all the massive failures sprinkled in along the way.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Word inside the league says that the Eagles are very interested in 49ers RB, LaMichael James if he is cut or put on the market by San Francisco.

James is a 5'9" offensive weapon that runs a 4.45 time in the 40 yard dash. At Oregon he had 5,082 rushing yards and 53 rushing touchdowns. He also had 586 receiving yards and 5 receiving touchdowns.

Snowman1

Reaction score
"5 star DT Kahlil McKenzie has listed the Vols on the top of his list of offers because his father, Reggie McKenzie, played there and had a great experience"

Wedgie is helping one of our teams! :win:

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Word inside the league says that the Eagles are very interested in 49ers RB, LaMichael James if he is cut or put on the market by San Francisco.

James is a 5'9" offensive weapon that runs a 4.45 time in the 40 yard dash. At Oregon he had 5,082 rushing yards and 53 rushing touchdowns. He also had 586 receiving yards and 5 receiving touchdowns.
how many fucking RBs do they need lol. They should be worried that they didn't replace the best deep threat in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.