2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah it was made a little while ago, and while that threesome isn't that inspiring, it's probably as good as his crew was last year. Really wonder how well Kelvin will do?

Well, it looks like Ray Rice avoided jail time. :facepalm1: Meanwhile the Commish rules with an iron fist, if Gordon or Rice play more than 4 games this year I'll be stunned.

Celebrities man, they get some great special treatment. Although this is good to hear that he's not totally off the hook and in order to remain out of jail he has to participate in a year long intervention program.. full deets below :p
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...pretrial-intervention-program-avoid-jail-time
I imagine Ray will get suspended for 4 and since JG is a multiple offender both in the NCAA and now NFL I can't see him playing really anything this year.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah it was made a little while ago, and while that threesome isn't that inspiring, it's probably as good as his crew was last year. Really wonder how well Kelvin will do?

Heard he had a balling ass 1 handed catch this past weekend during Rookie workouts that dazzled the audience :p
in addition to that there was word he was looking really good so he'll probably make the team but after making the cut we'll see how he translates into the big games.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Heard he had a balling ass 1 handed catch this past weekend during Rookie workouts that dazzled the audience :p
in addition to that there was word he was looking really good so he'll probably make the team but after making the cut we'll see how he translates into the big games.

Oh yeah man, he'll definitely make the team and the starting lineup. The dude's that much of a baller. Have heard he's got crazy concerns with his consistency and other drafnik stuff like that, but when he's on, he's ON, and your defense has no chance in hell. :win:

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh yeah man, he'll definitely make the team and the starting lineup. The dude's that much of a baller. Have heard he's got crazy concerns with his consistency and other drafnik stuff like that, but when he's on, he's ON, and your defense has no chance in hell. :win:

I hear he likes to cut a lot whether it be running around or after the catch; he's a big boy he better be careful lol that's gonna cause some ankle issues in no time if he gets hit when awkwardly when doing it.

They said he's impressed almost everybody there already making it look easy with two rando rookies the Panthers will have on their practice squad. The 1 handed catch was made in coverage, also apparently a lot of the routes they have him run (somewhere between 75%-85% from what I'm seeing) were ones he ran in College so it looks like he will pretty much be the perfect fit for them should he play big and work hard.

Reactions: Snowman1

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Thought of these crazy predictions: Vikings finish 1st in NFC North 9-7, Dolphins win AFC East, Cardinals actually make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, Johnny Manziel and Browns finish 2nd in the AFC north behind the Bengals, and Nick Foles gives rid of the ball.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm not just saying this to get on Britanica's good side, but if Manziel is as good as he can be and a WR can step up (or Josh Gordon avoids the hammer) I really think Cleveland can win the AFC North this year. None of those predictions are too outlandish, Bill.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Thought of these crazy predictions: Vikings finish 1st in NFC North 9-7, Dolphins win AFC East, Cardinals actually make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, Johnny Manziel and Browns finish 2nd in the AFC north behind the Bengals, and Nick Foles gives rid of the ball.
Dolphins over Bills or NE interests me; the rest I can actually see happening, the Vikings have all the right pieces of the puzzle on paper, no we gotta see how their young players fit into the picture.. All I can say is Cordarrelle Patterson is a fucking HOSS at Wideout and if Teddy Bridgewater is the guy hopefully they can hook up for MANY TDs!

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
I'm not just saying this to get on Britanica's good side, but if Manziel is as good as he can be and a WR can step up (or Josh Gordon avoids the hammer) I really think Cleveland can win the AFC North this year. None of those predictions are too outlandish, Bill.
Not even Nick Foles getting rid of the ball??

Dolphins over Bills or NE interests me; the rest I can actually see happening, the Vikings have all the right pieces of the puzzle on paper, no we gotta see how their young players fit into the picture.. All I can say is Cordarrelle Patterson is a fucking HOSS at Wideout and if Teddy Bridgewater is the guy hopefully they can hook up for MANY TDs!
I am such a Cordarrelle Patterson mark I should just marry him at this point. Though I don't like Teddy Bridgewater that much, I will say he could do well in Minnesota.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I'm assuming that most people think it's a lock that Manziel beats out Hoyer

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not even Nick Foles getting rid of the ball??

I am such a Cordarrelle Patterson mark I should just marry him at this point. Though I don't like Teddy Bridgewater that much, I will say he could do well in Minnesota.

Foles is a tough cookie, hopefully with the addition of Sproles and Huff via draft he will have another quick back and solid quick WR to get to the flat to dump it off to y'know?

C.P is dopee, the bartender at this bar I'm a regular at loves the dude and is not even a Vikings fan; he drafted him soo early in our league last year simply because he was such a big fan (money league too).. Teddy is just glad he wasn't a Brown :p He'll try his hardest most likely.

Reactions: TheTNHMaster

Snowman1

Reaction score
So I'm assuming that most people think it's a lock that Manziel beats out Hoyer

I should hope so. Would be a Matt Schaub-caliber disaster to start Hoyer over Manziel at this point.

Dammit, I liked C.P. before any of you! :tough:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Dammit, I liked C.P. before any of you! :tough:
Haha I don't really "like" him per se; mostly because he's a Viking and that is a personal vendetta for myself. I just admit he's a straight beast though.

PHI Eagles NT Bennie Logan was 6'2; 295 lbs coming into the league last season. This year he comes in at a whopping 315 the reason for this is because he wanted to tack on a little more pack to the punch which led to him putting on an extra 20 lbs of pure muscle. Him and newly drafted 7th rounder Beau Allen should be just fine at the NT spot.

Snowman1

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-at-browns-otas?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

Browns weren't kiddin bout making him work for it; Manziel is takin third team reps behind 1st teamer Brian Hoyer and 2nd teamer Tyler Thigpen; this is the right call honestly until preseason where they can actually display themselves on a somewhat competitive level.

Haha, that's totally not going to be the case come OTA's. They can't not give that job to Manziel. Brian Hoyer will get Roger Goodell or John Cena level heat out there.

So Ray Rice will be suspended after all. Because just what Baltimore needed was the running game to be even in even more disarray.

Status
Not open for further replies.