2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
how many fucking RBs do they need lol. They should be worried that they didn't replace the best deep threat in the league.

I look at it as we released DeSean and Jason Avant, Definitely Upgraded Jason Avant's position with Jordan Matthews as our beastly possession receiver/route runner and then a downgraded version of DeSean Jackson in Huff. The main reason I think Huff will be really good though for us is because he seems to be a diehard player for Chip Kelly and is going to give it 110% each time. He may not be a better deep threat but he definitely doesn't seem to be a diva very much.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The whole DeSean story really calls the media into question. Reports have been coming out (damage control?) about how this was "strictly a football move" and "they could use the cap space they freed up to fill other holes since they're happy with their wide receivers"

In hindsight: :lol1:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Eagles and Chip are stupid fuck boys, simple as. They'd rather have a choir boy than a stud player.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
We'll see, Matthews is the all-time leader for receptions and receiving yards in arguably the toughest conference of the NCAA. That's no simple accomplishment against those teams that lie in the conference. If he can translate that big body overpowering corners and safeties as well as stick to his routes and catch like he did in college he should be solid.

Still way too early to even make judgements like that IMO, we still have obvious character issues on both sides of the ball that negate the whole "choir boy" image haters have been boasting about. It's more they wanted to get bigger; 5'10, 6'0, 6'3 were our top three last year now we're 6'1, 6'3,6'3 and even got a bigger slot at 5'11 as our 4th WR in Huff.

3ad399ab13574868b747d461dab0cdcd.jpg

C's up w/ DJax & Snoop Dogg.

Lol this shit was so funny though reading it..

Last edited:

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
so just as a little inkling from the fatasy draft shizze and the opinions from that, ofc this is from my own mind (and i am a brit wtf do i know about football)

The RB/WR debate, to me it falls down to where you get the pick, rb studs are rb studs, but in a lot of teams there is not many rb1's, Lacey in the top 5, yeah gtfo, you really think with a fully fit Arod he will get as many touches as last year, it's all about finding a featured back, one who gets 15-20 touches a game min, and yeah they are out there, but keeping my sleepy mofos to myself at all positions, apart from Matty Ice on the big fantasy comeback season

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
so just as a little inkling from the fatasy draft shizze and the opinions from that, ofc this is from my own mind (and i am a brit wtf do i know about football)

The RB/WR debate, to me it falls down to where you get the pick, rb studs are rb studs, but in a lot of teams there is not many rb1's, Lacey in the top 5, yeah gtfo, you really think with a fully fit Arod he will get as many touches as last year, it's all about finding a featured back, one who gets 15-20 touches a game min, and yeah they are out there, but keeping my sleepy mofos to myself at all positions, apart from Matty Ice on the big fantasy comeback season

I think Lacey is definitely up there, they play a lot of games in the cold and wind this year so I imagine Lacy will definitely get his fair share of opportunities then.

Snowman1

Reaction score
If you get a top-5 pick, you should probably take a running back. Don't see any reason to avoid Charles, Peterson, Shady, or Forte. And Lacy's a stud, too.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I wonder how we can avoid catastrophes like what happened with like half of the first round last year?

According to fantasyfootballcalculator, the projected 1st round (which our league was almost copying last year except for Romo and Rodgers being top-5 picks iirc) are Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Calvin Johnson, Eddie Lacy, Marshawn Lynch, Jimmy Graham, Demaryious Thomas, Peyton Manning, Arian Foster, Montee Ball.

I have some questions with AP since he HAS to fall apart at some point, doesn't he? Otherwise there's no worry at all with the top 4. Calvin is Calvin, I think it's too early to call Lacy injury-prone but it feels like it, but he's a stud, Marshawn is a guaranteed bust, if Graham holds out I would worry (but still may draft him), not quite sure with Demaryious since Peyton spreads the ball around but he was still a godlike fantasy producer last year, Peyton will regress a little and come back to the Brees/Rodgers pack, Foster seems like fine value, and Ball makes me lol.

What do you guys think of this pack?

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
how many fucking RBs do they need lol. They should be worried that they didn't replace the best deep threat in the league.
Calvin Johnson played for Philly?

PFF provides a free sample of their Signature Stats, and in the category of "Deep Passes", Johnson ranked No.1 and hauled in 21 of 23 possible "deep balls" while piling up 652 yards.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Hey Dolph's, any luck on getting kickers banished from our fantasy league?

In totally unrelated news, 'sup Danny?

Status
Not open for further replies.