2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
1609735_418067054996802_72945759_n.jpg

They have spoken ;)
It's hard to tell anything at this point, but I think they're going to keep him for one more season and pay him good money while still drafting Brandin Cooks. Maybe they will attract someone during the season or after the season he will agree to renegotiate if he underperforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Iggles trying to save face and pretend he doesn't "Have" to be moved in an effort to spike his value. Transparent as can be. He won't be back IMHO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Not to rub salt in a wound, but if they can make the same trade Miami made last year to move up to get Clowney that's pretty smart. If it's the Julio trade all over again then they get what they deserve.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not to rub salt in a wound, but if they can make the same trade Miami made last year to move up to get Clowney that's pretty smart. If it's the Julio trade all over again then they get what they deserve.
Big difference between trading up to a spot to get Clowney and trading up to #3 in a shit draft where nobody wants any of the players in the top 5. If STL is shopping the pick, I expect a few more teams than just Atlanta to pick up the phone and talk it out.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what did the Clowns get from their end of the trade?
Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, Brandon Weeden, and a 4th that was shipped as part of the inane T-Rich trade-up.
In terms of players for players Atlanta still won that trade lol

It all depends on what they give up.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what did the Clowns get from their end of the trade?
Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, Brandon Weeden, and a 4th that was shipped as part of the inane T-Rich trade-up.
In terms of players for players Atlanta still won that trade lol

It all depends on what they give up.
You can give a homeless guy $100 but he is going to buy crack with it. In this case, the money is the draft picks and the homeless guy is the Browns front office.

Atlanta was still really dumb to give that much up for one player, a WR nonetheless, even if I love Julio.

Unless you are a contender looking for that one last piece, there is never any sense in moving that many high picks for one player.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Marecic is a boss & I thought Little showed some promise last year, he was dropping balls less frequently it seemed.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Nah, Taylor's solid and Marecic is a great FB. They got a few good players out of that. Would rather have Julio, though.

Agree with everything you said Dolph's. I'm looking through the draft to find the last trade-up in the top 10 that didn't wind up being a complete disaster. I'm all the way back to 2007 and still haven't found one. Usually the player they trade up for (usually a QB) winds up busting. Maybe the RG3 trade will work out okay in the end.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The Griffin trade I was in favor of at the time, but at this point his health is a really serious factor in his career. I hope he turns back to his rookie form, but he looked really, really bad last year. Like, not just physically, but like he was a mental wreck as well, probably stemming from having to change his style around so much when they stopped letting him run around and run zone read plays. He is an OK thrower, but he absolutely has to have the threat of his legs to be a good NFL QB.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I've gotta type these out, here's the guys traded up for in the top-10.

Dion Jordan, Tavon Austin, RG3, Trent RIchardson, Justin Blackmon, Morris Claiborne, Julio Jones, Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Sedrick Ellis, Derrick Harvey, Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Troy Williamson, Eli Manning, Kellen Winslow Jr.

yikes.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I've gotta type these out, here's the guys traded up for in the top-10.

Dion Jordan, Tavon Austin, RG3, Trent RIchardson, Justin Blackmon, Morris Claiborne, Julio Jones, Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Sedrick Ellis, Derrick Harvey, Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Troy Williamson, Eli Manning, Kellen Winslow Jr.

yikes.
Jeez, some monster busts in there. Claiborne is pretty terrible in Dallas. Sanchize lol. Yo Gabba Gabba. Derrick Harvey holy shit never though I'd hear that name again.. Jamaal "Ludacris" ANderson lol. Amobi Okoye was like 19 when he was drafted... TRoy Williamson lol, that was right after MINNY dealt Moss.

Yea, so NFL GMs, if you want to sell the farm for a top 10 pick, try not to draft those types of players

Reactions: Snowman1
Status
Not open for further replies.