2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Seahawks almost signed CrayJ's favorite player, Jermichael Finley, but he failed a physical Saffold-style.

Looks like he dropped the ball on his opportunity.... sorry, too easy.

Sanchez isn't nearly as bad as we think he is, imo. Not great obviously, but there's some potential there. Would have been cool to see him in St. Louis or some other team nobody cares about where there's little media spotlight, but I suppose he'd be an upgrade over Barkley...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
This isn't on any news outlet other than Philly radio within the last few minutes, Eagles are signing Sanchez if he passes physical for his shoulder.
The deal is said to be chump change compared to what the Eagles had left to spend.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sanchez isn't nearly as bad as we think he is, imo. Not great obviously, but there's some potential there. Would have been cool to see him in St. Louis or some other team nobody cares about where there's little media spotlight, but I suppose he'd be an upgrade over Barkley...
No Sanchez is badd, him and Barkley go hand and hand as far as QBs that translated terribly from USC > NFL granted I will give you it is an Upgrade over Barkley but BARELY.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
No Sanchez is badd, him and Barkley go hand and hand as far as QBs that translated terribly from USC > NFL granted I will give you it is an Upgrade over Barkley but BARELY.

You definitely don't want to rely on either one, so lets just have our fingers crossed that it's a pointless signing in the end.

Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Steelers all in play for MJD. Is anyone but Miami interested in Knowshon? Good grief.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Sanchez to Eagles is trending worldwide on Twitter, and the meme pictures are abundant as ever.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They say Jermichael Finley is about 2 months away from receiving medical clearance.
Is anyone but Miami interested in Knowshon? Good grief.
Lol nah, and he left them without signing a deal. I think the Broncos wouldn't mind bringing him back but the popular opinion is he is not anywhere close to a top caliber RB for the NFL.

Snowman1

Reaction score
And here I thought I'd never have to see that dang buttfumble again lol.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
In retrospect idk I like the move actually if it ends up happening, so long as it's cheaper than Vick's deal. Looks like it will be an extended physical to make sure his shoulder isn't too bummed out. I know he gets a bad rep for the butt fumble and all but I have to be honest, the Jets never really had any weapons for him and the ones they thought they had ended up not being shit. The running game has barely been stable ever since he got there so that was no help to him. Maybe with the added run game + more offensive weapons Sanchez will be able to rehab his career, if it doesn't happen here then Sanchez is a total lost cause.

EDIT: Also I have to add that even with that shitty ass team around him he was able to lead the team to the playoffs his first two years.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Apparently Cam Newton has had something bugging him with his ankle for like 3 years now.. if this surgery "corrects" this issue I wonder how much of a beast he will be considering what he's done in the NFL so far while playing under that injury.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
1509790_417822711687903_2092139580_n.jpg

Lol Philadelphia Eagles' Center Jason Kelce beat me to it :)

Reactions: TheArabHammer

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ahem you mean his beard beat you to it
His beard is quite the bastard.

According to the New York Daily News, the Giants have "expressed a level of interest" in free agent Mark Sanchez, but "it's unlikely" that Sanchez would ultimately stay in New York.
The Daily News considers the Eagles the favorites for Sanchez, with the Browns, Rams, and Titans behind them as "serious" suitors. A change of scenery -- out of the Big Apple -- would certainly seem to be in Sanchez's best interests after his Jets career crashed and burned. We're still betting Sanchez lands in Philadelphia, but the Eagles won't pull the trigger until he passes a physical.

A source close to the team tells Philly.com the Eagles decided to move on from DeSean Jackson "well over a month ago."
The smoke that D-Jax is done in Philly is thicker than ever. It's odd timing with Jackson coming off a career year in coach Chip Kelly's offense, but the sides are clearly headed for a divorce, perhaps as early as this week. Mar 24 - 2:01 PM

Free agent Kenny Britt said he expects to make a decision on where to sign "in a couple days."
Britt is visiting with the Bills on Friday, and has previously met with the Rams, Patriots, and Redskins. Given his history of injuries and off-field issues, he shouldn't command more than a short-term deal with little guaranteed money. The Panthers have also shown interest in Britt, but have yet to schedule a visit. Mar 21 - 5:38 PM

EDIT: Small Sanchez Update:
Eagles and Rams are the favorites to land Sanchez; Sanchez prefers Philly. The deal with the Eagles will be made if the team's doctors give them good news regarding his medical news on the shoulder. The Giants name has also been thrown around but it is unlikely Sanchez is staying in New York regardless if it's on the other NY team.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
In retrospect idk I like the move actually if it ends up happening, so long as it's cheaper than Vick's deal. Looks like it will be an extended physical to make sure his shoulder isn't too bummed out. I know he gets a bad rep for the butt fumble and all but I have to be honest, the Jets never really had any weapons for him and the ones they thought they had ended up not being shit. The running game has barely been stable ever since he got there so that was no help to him. Maybe with the added run game + more offensive weapons Sanchez will be able to rehab his career, if it doesn't happen here then Sanchez is a total lost cause.

Yeah, absolutely agree with every word you said here. It'll be a really cheap deal, you're gonna do your research, and honestly... every time I watched him play, he made more good plays than bad. (Granted, the bad was really bad...) There's a lot of upside but he was never going to realize it throwing to the likes of Clyde Gates.

You have a backup QB who is probably a lost cause (or a never was) in Barkley, you're bringing him in on a cheap deal to a backup QB position that isn't vital since your OL rules... What's not to love about this move?

(Then again there's hardly a QB I dislike, lol. Oh, the beauty of being a Flacco fan.)

Snowman1

Reaction score
Ravens have 4 compensatory picks, one in the 3rd, 2 in the 4th, one in the 5th. Holy shit! And to think of how little of a difference all those players who left made in the end...
Cowboys have 3 picks, all in the 7th.
Packers get 2 picks, a 3rd and a 5th.
Lions have 2 picks, both in the 5th.
Giants get a bonus 5th.

Believe the rest of our teams didn't get any.

Status
Not open for further replies.