2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Forsett has shown a quickness and explosiveness out of the backfield that the Ravens haven't had since 2012. It is safe to say he'll get a number of reps this Thursday against Pittsburgh. Possibly even starting. Pierce on the other hand, looked reminiscent of Willis McGahee in his last years with Baltimore. Trudging along for 2-3 yards a carry, and reluctant to run with that North-South style.
I think Forsett and Pierce share reps, but I see Forsett making more of it, considering he was able to put up over 20 fantasy points with 11 carries and 5 receptions.

Perfect description man, Pierce really does look like a washed-up running back. Can't help but think of Doug Martin watching him, maybe the rookie season was the fluke instead of 2013?

Granted a lot of things fell into place (Burfict injury, Steve Sr. and Flacco getting it together, etc) but there's surely no coincidence that the entire offense woke up with Forsett in the game. Almost 7 ypc with a long of 11 with the same shitty line Pierce had. Really becoming smitten with the guy the same way Cards fans were with Ellington while hoping Mendenhall would gtfo.

Also thanks for the fantasy advice D'Z! :yay:

Reactions: Vice

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
DeAndre Levy is such a beast. His pick was pure godly and he will surely make the pro bowl. If not,hopefully it's for a good reason :isee:

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ironically, Michael Vick believes that Rice should be given a second chance

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
a8601833a079827c6dc9ca72180fbd70.jpg

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Eli and the O-Line need mad work! Jernigan looked like he had some nice potential building up though and Rashad Jennings didn't look half bad.. you guys'll be alright.. Personally I think Washington looked worse..

Goddamn LeSean McCoy getting called out for leaving a 20 cent tip... all I say is Shady is as Shady does.. But they shouldn't've posted his business like that, I mean technically they did get an autograph did they not?

Pumped for next week's games.. Eagles vs Colts Monday Night, should be a good one! I know Jags gave us a fight but I mean no big deal.
I was at thr game. Eli was changing the plays and all the wrs would be blocking while he was trying to throw. Complete lack of communication. Jernigan looked like he got the most targets as i suspected. But Eli Gon Eli

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tyler Eifert on IR with dislocated Elbow.
Ben Tate out 2-4 Weeks with Sprained Knee.
Jordan Reed will miss Week 2 and potentially longer with a hamstring injury.
Colts sign former Browns and former Eagles RB Dion Lewis to a 2 year deal.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So we might have a undrafted rookie starting at RT against Carolina...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
giants d is nowhere near Carolina's
The secondary looked a bit better but it's only game one, and also with a terrible offense like the Giants have that defense is on the field more and more.. so yeah Giants' D is nowhere near the Panthers.

Rams' Pass Rusher Chris Long is heading for surgery and will be out roughly 2 months (8-10 weeks).
Chargers lose Center and Team Captain Nick Hardwick with surgery on the neck for the rest of the year.
Cecil Shorts back in practice, Marqise Lee injures hamstring.
Cardinals LB John Abraham w/ a concussion leaves team due to somewhat severe memory loss, a problem he's been experiencing over the last year apparently.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm too burnt out right now to explain, so just look at my two previous posts about Rice if you want to understand it.
:jericho:
no matter what you said that isn't ironic

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ironically, Michael Vick believes that Rice should be given a second chance
You mean "shouldn't** be given a second chance" right?
Vick definitely said "there's no room for that in this league.." that leads me to believe he does NOT believe he should be given a 2nd chance..

It has been said that an NFL exec. first received the footage of Ray Rice that was released to the public a few days ago THREE MONTHS ago.. although it was pretty damn obvious that they had to have seen the tape this report essentially adds more fuel to the fire of our speculation.. I agree with people calling for Goodell's job to be honest.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/nfl-exec-received-ray-rice-204200620.html