2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. Lol it's obvious they don't give a fuck about the actual abuse and only their image. Shouldn't really be surprising though.
The part I don't get is why were they interested in protecting Ray Rice? They should have just crucified him from the start and they could have puffed up their chest about how good of guys they are.

Now people are calling for Goodell's job, which, to be fair, really isn't that big of a stretch. This is a huge black eye for the league, especially once it comes out that they did see the tape, which I believe 100% they did.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Janay Rice speaks..

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend. But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass of for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

What I read while reading this.. "Well fuck there goes the money.. let me attack the people who are trying to protect me.. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do now I was only with Ray for the money. I am so embarrassed that this was caught on video. Fuck! We'll stay together and smile and hope Ray gets reinstated so he can get more money. We love you Ravens Fans!"

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Janay Rice speaks..

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend. But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass of for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

What I read while reading this.. "Well fuck there goes the money.. let me attack the people who are trying to protect me.. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do now I was only with Ray for the money. I am so embarrassed that this was caught on video. Fuck! We'll stay together and smile and hope Ray gets reinstated so he can get more money. We love you Ravens Fans!"
There is more to it than money. Relationships that have a lot of domestic violence are a gold mine if you are interested in human psychology. It is some really crazy stuff to study. For instance a lot of woman who are abused feel that is an act of passion indicating how much their man loves them. Sad but true.

I agree it is sad to read her words because it falls in line with the psychological aspect of how battered women think, and her thinking can lead to more women in the future thinking this type of domestic abuse is a normal part of a relationship.

edit: These two have known each other since they were very young. I really don't think money is her main motivating factor in defending Rice.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
There is more to it than money. Relationships that have a lot of domestic violence are a gold mine if you are interested in human psychology. It is some really crazy stuff to study. For instance a lot of woman who are abused feel that is an act of passion indicating how much their man loves them. Sad but true.

I agree it is sad to read her words because it falls in line with the psychological aspect of how battered women think, and her thinking can lead to more women in the future thinking this type of domestic abuse is a normal part of a relationship.

edit: These two have known each other since they were very young. I really don't think money is her main motivating factor in defending Rice.

I know.. I was just posting my thoughts as I read it for the first time. It's always deeper. My mother was a willing victim of verbal abuse for years and could not be talked out of the relationship for anything.. constantly using the "He really loves me" excuse.. so I definitely understand this. Was trying to be humorous.. I guess I failed.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I almost think broadcasting the beating on TV everywhere is more brutal than the actual punch. Now I do feel bad for her :downer:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Of course the NFL had to have seen that footage, I mean almost every square foot of that city has to have visibility from some camera or another, elevators are not a private place; it's pretty commonly known that in Atlantic City there are cameras in every elevator.. there's no way the cops withheld that video from the NFL and TMZ got it first.. it's just unreal how stupid Roger Gooddell thinks the public is.

In Eagles News Today:

OL Allen Barbre and OL Evan Mathis suffered injuries this past Sunday vs the Jags.. Mathis has a Grade 3 MCL Sprain and will be out about 2-4 weeks (hopefully!)... and Barbre has a high ankle sprain and will require surgery, this will most likely end his season.. With two lineman going down and Lane Johnson suspended for 3 more games Eagles are looking for help.. 3 names have come up, only 2 have a chance of signing IMO... OT Eric Winston and OG Wade Smith are the two that have a chance... Richie Incognito is the 3rd name but Chip has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want any locker room issues so it's hard to imagine they are even considering him.

Last edited:

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Man what a great game, and seeing that Eli is alive danny must be satisfied.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
OG Wade Smith has officially been signed to the Eagles, I look for Allen Barbre to be placed on IR shortly.

Another brief update related to Ray Rice, he will be removed from Madden 2015 as soon as the next update is released.. also a Jersey exchange will be initiated at the stadium's stores.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Damn, Ray Rice is really persona non-grata in the NFL.

Heard one person bring up that if the wife defends him, he deserves a second chance. I can't be that kind and still hope he has to catch 30 screen passes against Cam Chancellor, but he does have a point.

*fingers crossed...*

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If anyone hears any updates regarding the extent of Ben Tate's knee injury that he left with on Sunday during the Steelers' game please tag me in the post, I really need to know.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Damn, Ray Rice is really persona non-grata in the NFL.

Heard one person bring up that if the wife defends him, he deserves a second chance. I can't be that kind and still hope he has to catch 30 screen passes against Cam Chancellor, but he does have a point.

*fingers crossed...*
True. If that is the case, I do believe Rice should be given another shot. Especially considering all of the players that have been involved in similar, and even more severe crimes that are still in the league. Looking at you, Vick.
Of course a stiff punishment should be exercised, but if Ray, a man who has donated his time and money to countless community projects and charities, who's advocated against bullying, drug abuse, child obesity and the like, truly realizes the severity of his mistake, has honestly worked it out with his wife, and genuinely regrets his actions that night, and would do anything to take it back, not because of the publicity, but because the memories of that day keep him up at night, then I would undoubtedly cheer as he steps out of the tunnel.

The unfortunate truth is, that won't happen. The horrid publicity, along with the assured media circus that will follow any team that speaks his name will scare every GM in the league away.
Assuming that Rice has met those conditions, it is a shame to see this young man's mistake derail his career, as well as his entire life.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
True. If that is the case, I do believe Rice should be given another shot. Especially considering all of the players that have been involved in similar, and even more severe crimes that are still in the league. Looking at you, Vick.
Of course a stiff punishment should be exercised, but if Ray, a man who has donated his time and money to countless community projects and charities, who's advocated against bullying, drug abuse, child obesity and the like, truly realizes the severity of his mistake, has honestly worked it out with his wife, and genuinely regrets his actions that night, and would do anything to take it back, not because of the publicity, but because the memories of that day keep him up at night, then I would undoubtedly cheer as he steps out of the tunnel.

The unfortunate truth is, that won't happen. The horrid publicity, along with the assured media circus that will follow any team that speaks his name will scare every GM in the league away.
Assuming that Rice has met those conditions, it is a shame to see this young man's mistake derail his career, as well as his entire life.

Believe I read that part of his suspension is that if a team tries to sign him, said team has to have a sit-down meeting with Goodell explaining why they think it's a good idea. The NCAA does the same thing with show-cause penalties for coaches and said coaches are NEVER hired.

I'd love to say he could get a shot in Kansas City. After the whole story with his sons and the second chance he gave Vick, if there's one guy who can take it it's Andy Reid. But after another year, who knows if he'll be a good enough player on the field?

Janay came out publicly today to defend him and to bash all this ridiculous media coverage, all the TMZ reporters showing up at their house, etc. If nothing else just let them be a family again and leave them alone! Only she truly knows what went on that night, what they were arguing about apparently couldn't be heard on the video... If he comes back, I wonder what @Paige is Hot thinks about this?

Anyway, Vice... how about Forsett yesterday? :)

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Believe I read that part of his suspension is that if a team tries to sign him, said team has to have a sit-down meeting with Goodell explaining why they think it's a good idea. The NCAA does the same thing with show-cause penalties for coaches and said coaches are NEVER hired.

I'd love to say he could get a shot in Kansas City. After the whole story with his sons and the second chance he gave Vick, if there's one guy who can take it it's Andy Reid. But after another year, who knows if he'll be a good enough player on the field?

Janay came out publicly today to defend him and to bash all this ridiculous media coverage, all the TMZ reporters showing up at their house, etc. If nothing else just let them be a family again and leave them alone! Only she truly knows what went on that night, what they were arguing about apparently couldn't be heard on the video... If he comes back, I wonder what @Paige is Hot thinks about this?

Anyway, Vice... how about Forsett yesterday? :)
Forsett has shown a quickness and explosiveness out of the backfield that the Ravens haven't had since 2012. It is safe to say he'll get a number of reps this Thursday against Pittsburgh. Possibly even starting. Pierce on the other hand, looked reminiscent of Willis McGahee in his last years with Baltimore. Trudging along for 2-3 yards a carry, and reluctant to run with that North-South style.
I think Forsett and Pierce share reps, but I see Forsett making more of it, considering he was able to put up over 20 fantasy points with 11 carries and 5 receptions.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
G Evan Mathis designated to return but placed on IR.. will be out 8 weeks.. Allen Barbre and Najeeim Goode heading to IR for season ending injury.. LB Emmanuel Acho and Rookie Offensive Lineman Kevin Graf were activated off the practice roster.. and then as earlier I said OL Wade Smith was signed as a veteran free agent presence.. so 3 to IR 3 back on the main roster.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

people really think killing dogs is worse than slugging your wife? lol