2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I had to go to jail one time for three days for destroying federal property ( hit a mailbox ) BUT Ray Rice knocked his wife unconscious and got off with little therapy sessions. That's the biggest travesty of them all, forget the NFL. Our justice system is significantly more pathetic. What sort of message am I supposed to get from that? Food for thought. It's a complete ethical flaw. He had his now wife say he was sorry. Ya know what, I was sorry too and paid for it from the judicial system. Why wasn't he held accountable? This is why i don't sleep at night

Reactions: Vice and Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I still feel like the Ravens are scumbags here.

They are cutting Rice because of the reaction of the video being released, not because they are standing up for what is right.

Hey, if they get out from under Rice's terrible contract good for them.

If it helps you sleep at night, they just cut him for the roster spot + to get out from under the contract. This just makes it more apparent that they were waiting or whatever.

I PM'ed you my football-related thoughts on it. Shhhhh. He won't be back, so let this be the last we speak of that disgrace to society.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
josh-mccown.gif

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
In all honesty, being a die-hard Ravens fan, this is bound to be a bit biased, but I'll try to keep it as indifferent as possible.

In my opinion, the initial Ray Rice suspension was incredibly light. The NFL giving Rice a more lenient punishment than someone who fails a drug test was a bad move. I believe that he should have been slapped with something around an 8 game ban, 6 of those games being without pay. I even consider this letting him off easy. He has been a face of the NFL for over 3 years, and his work to better the community and lives in general, has earned him the benefit of the doubt.
Mind you, this was in reaction to the initial video.
With this new video emerging, this penalty would sharply increase. Hell, I probably would have taken the chance to terminate his contract as well. Rice blatantly lied to his teammates, saying that he,
"Had no choice but to defend [himself] in that elevator."
However, the indefinite ban that Goodell has now implemented on Ray is almost certainly simply a way to avoid any more bad publicity. Honestly, I find it hard to believe that nobody in the NFL had access to that video until TMZ exposed it. There was almost certainly some cover-up, and that is inexcusable. However, I've come across many NFL, ESPN, and BleacherReport articles that advocate for a mass purge of the Ravens front office, as well as the resignation of Roger Goodell. (I wouldn't be sad at all if RG stepped down.)
I find this almost laughable. Don't get me wrong, I believe that some punishment should be handed down, but if the media are advocating for a zero-tolerance policy for rule infractions such as this, then T.J Ward, Greg Hardy, Josh Morgan, Aldon Smith, Orson Charles, Chris Culliver, Jah Reid, Davone Bess, Thomas Keiser, Henry Melton, A.J Jefferson, Joe Lefeged, Adam Jones, Daryl Washington, William Moore, Amari Spievey, DaQuan Bowers, Leroy Hill, Andre Smith, Chris Rainey, Robert Sands, Jonathan Amaya, Bryan Thomas, Chad Johnson, Dez Bryant, Michael Vick, and so on also need to be banned indefinitely.
This situation is complex of course, but the media is exhibiting the textbook hypocrisy and ignorance on the situation that is to be expected when trying to shoot out reports on it as quickly as possible.

Reactions: Danielson

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Dz is the type of dude id smack within 5 mins of knowing him and he'd cry.

Giants suck

Eli and the O-Line need mad work! Jernigan looked like he had some nice potential building up though and Rashad Jennings didn't look half bad.. you guys'll be alright.. Personally I think Washington looked worse..

Goddamn LeSean McCoy getting called out for leaving a 20 cent tip... all I say is Shady is as Shady does.. But they shouldn't've posted his business like that, I mean technically they did get an autograph did they not?

Pumped for next week's games.. Eagles vs Colts Monday Night, should be a good one! I know Jags gave us a fight but I mean no big deal.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Everything is so overblown nowadays it's silly. Yeah, Ray Rice is an asshole , but I swear, you'd think he just blew up the White House or some shit. I'm probably being hip again, but seriously, it's annoying. Everything's made out to be like it affected our personal lives. The tone in newcasters voices make me lol.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I kinda feel like an asshole now actually. I just don't have the same empathy as most people I guess... Also, I'm drunk :tyson:

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Mfs still love chris brown though :dawg:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Everything is so overblown nowadays it's silly. Yeah, Ray Rice is an asshole , but I swear, you'd think he just blew up the White House or some shit. I'm probably being hip again, but seriously, it's annoying. Everything's made out to be like it affected our personal lives. The tone in newcasters voices make me lol.
You miss the point. People aren't mad at Rice at this point, they are mad at the Ravens org. and the NFL for covering this up and acting like what he did was no big deal or that he was acting out of self defense. (edit: throw the NJ state police in this as well for being the biggest scumbags.. they SAW the footage and charged Palmer and Rice with the same assault crime... go fucking figure...)

IMO Rice got fucked because as I said before, had they just given him a realistic suspension from the start (instead of 2 shitty games) he still has a job and a future. But because the league and the Ravens botched it, then TMZ owned their soul, now Rice will never play again because the NFL and Ravens are caught up in a PR Shitstorm because they are stupid mother fuckers.

and of course you are trying to be hip you pussy you

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. Lol it's obvious they don't give a fuck about the actual abuse and only their image. Shouldn't really be surprising though.