2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Whos good in carolinas secondary?
Roman Harper, Thomas DeCoud.. Antoine Cason and Melvin White looked solid in the preseason and vs the Bucs this past Sunday.. Charles Godfrey is pretty decent still.. Also gotta mention Kuechly and Blackburn at the linebacker position can play some decent coverage ball.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You mean "shouldn't** be given a second chance" right?
Vick definitely said "there's no room for that in this league.." that leads me to believe he does NOT believe he should be given a 2nd chance..

It has been said that an NFL exec. first received the footage of Ray Rice that was released to the public a few days ago THREE MONTHS ago.. although it was pretty damn obvious that they had to have seen the tape this report essentially adds more fuel to the fire of our speculation.. I agree with people calling for Goodell's job to be honest.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/nfl-exec-received-ray-rice-204200620.html
Michael Vick got a second chance. He believes Ray Rice should get one, too.

"I hope so," the New York Jets' backup quarterback said Tuesday.

Vick, in his weekly spot on WFAN radio, was asked about the Rice controversy. He speaks from experience. In 2007, he was suspended indefinitely by the NFL for violating the personal-conduct policy. He served nearly two years in prison on federal dogfighting charges, managing to resurrect his career upon his release.

Asked what he'd tell Rice if the former Baltimore Ravens running back came to him for advice, Vick paused a few seconds.

“Honestly, I wouldn't know what to tell Ray Rice right now,” Vick said. “That’s just being transparent with you right now. That situation is just so out of control. I just hope masses of people learn from this. As athletes, we understand the position that we’re in, and that we are superior athletes. Some things you've got to learn to bottle up. There are so many different ways to handle things that come about. We've just always got to be mindful and competent when we’re in those situations."
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/42852/vick-says-rice-should-get-second-chance

Looks like there are conflicting reports on this.
I found the story you're talking about, http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mike-vick-room-ray-rice-article-1.1933011
Not sure what to make of that, though.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Roman Harper, Thomas DeCoud.. Antoine Cason and Melvin White looked solid in the preseason and vs the Bucs this past Sunday.. Charles Godfrey is pretty decent still.. Also gotta mention Kuechly and Blackburn at the linebacker position can play some decent coverage ball.
Rolle,DRC, and Prince are a pretty good bunch so I think were good vs Carolina but we'll see.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Rolle,DRC, and Prince are a pretty good bunch so I think were good vs Carolina but we'll see.

I think it's the pass rush from the panthers and the run defense that I would worry about most.. Bush and Bell won't find anything up the middle or even a little bit inside to the right or left.. a lot of screen passes you guys will have to pull off to catch them off their toes.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Whos good in carolinas secondary?
Secondary isn't all that important when you have a godly front 7.

GIants are garbage all around on D. Panthers are so much better it is night and day. Detroit @ Carolina is one of my favorite match ups this weekend. Detroit definitely ain't treating the Panthers D like they did the pinche giants

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

GIants are garbage all around on D. Panthers are so much better it is night and day. Detroit @ Carolina is one of my favorite match ups this weekend. Detroit definitely ain't treating the Panthers D like they did the pinche giants
Yeah Im so excited to watch it, every run will be trent richardson like but idc.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah Im so excited to watch it, every run will be trent richardson like but idc.
They probably won't run unless it's short distance, most likely they will just use screen passes and passes out to the flat to equalize that front 7.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Seems like a nice chance for you to bet the under, if you're a fan of great pass rushes it's definitely the game for you. :)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Seems like a nice chance for you to bet the under, if you're a fan of great pass rushes it's definitely the game for you. :)
Shucks the over/under is 43.5.. that's a tough one to call, I'll probably take the over.. those two teams have potential to score a lot of points regardless of the defenses.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Anyway, tomorrow night... Baltimore/Pittsburgh... The rivalry to end all rivalries...

-Forsett looked very good against a tough defense, now he's battling a D that allowed 200 rushing yards to the Cleveland trio. Yikes. As long as they make the correct call and feed Forsett enough, the Ravens' running game should have some success...
-but it won't matter TOO much if Flacco plays like he did on Sunday. The pass blocking was dreadful (should be better against a defense that's total ass) but he deserves most of the blame for the offense being as bad as it was. Him throwing 62 passes also should not happen again. Period.
-With Pittsburgh not having a #1 CB, we'll see who the real Ravens' #1 is. Leon Hall had great coverage on Torrey last week, but Steve's the better player anyway.
-The most alarming stat was that the Ravens' D, with Suggs, Dumervil, Upshaw, Ngata, etc, had 0 QB hits. According to PFF, you can thank Andy Dalton's release for much of that
-Bell is talented enough to have a good game, didn't give him much of a shot going into the game but he's impressed.

There's going to be 3 real deciding factors in this game...
-If Harbaugh gives the running game a chance, will Flacco go back to being a competent NFL QB?
-How well will Roethlisberger and the entire Steelers' passing game play? It should be easy to get to Big Ben but we all know how well he does under pressure. Ravens did a good job against A.J. Green last week aside from that bomb, but that's the only good receiver in Cincy and the rest of the Baltimore secondary has yet to be tested.
-Surely Pittsburgh will be focused, but how will Baltimore react to the Rice news? They can't be practicing at 100%...

Hey Vice, I won't be able to see it, can you fill me in on exactly what happened?

Reactions: Vice

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Believe I read that part of his suspension is that if a team tries to sign him, said team has to have a sit-down meeting with Goodell explaining why they think it's a good idea. The NCAA does the same thing with show-cause penalties for coaches and said coaches are NEVER hired.

I'd love to say he could get a shot in Kansas City. After the whole story with his sons and the second chance he gave Vick, if there's one guy who can take it it's Andy Reid. But after another year, who knows if he'll be a good enough player on the field?

Janay came out publicly today to defend him and to bash all this ridiculous media coverage, all the TMZ reporters showing up at their house, etc. If nothing else just let them be a family again and leave them alone! Only she truly knows what went on that night, what they were arguing about apparently couldn't be heard on the video... If he comes back, I wonder what @Paige is Hot thinks about this?

Anyway, Vice... how about Forsett yesterday? :)

Ray Rice, huh?

To be honest, I wouldn't give a f*** if he were never suspended at all. I'd play with him. Why not?
I don't have to be a p*ssy and give some political answer to get the monkeys clapping their dirty little hands.
It's a familial issue, not a public one. If the judicial system wants to intervene, then I'm fine.
It makes me violently ill to live in a society where my job can light me up for something that happened on my own personal time.

"What if Janay Rice was your daughter, sister, etc ?" F*** Janay Rice. She's a jabroni anyway for agreeing to marry the motherf***er.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Anyway, tomorrow night... Baltimore/Pittsburgh... The rivalry to end all rivalries...

-Forsett looked very good against a tough defense, now he's battling a D that allowed 200 rushing yards to the Cleveland trio. Yikes. As long as they make the correct call and feed Forsett enough, the Ravens' running game should have some success...
-but it won't matter TOO much if Flacco plays like he did on Sunday. The pass blocking was dreadful (should be better against a defense that's total ass) but he deserves most of the blame for the offense being as bad as it was. Him throwing 62 passes also should not happen again. Period.
-With Pittsburgh not having a #1 CB, we'll see who the real Ravens' #1 is. Leon Hall had great coverage on Torrey last week, but Steve's the better player anyway.
-The most alarming stat was that the Ravens' D, with Suggs, Dumervil, Upshaw, Ngata, etc, had 0 QB hits. According to PFF, you can thank Andy Dalton's release for much of that
-Bell is talented enough to have a good game, didn't give him much of a shot going into the game but he's impressed.

There's going to be 3 real deciding factors in this game...
-If Harbaugh gives the running game a chance, will Flacco go back to being a competent NFL QB?
-How well will Roethlisberger and the entire Steelers' passing game play? It should be easy to get to Big Ben but we all know how well he does under pressure. Ravens did a good job against A.J. Green last week aside from that bomb, but that's the only good receiver in Cincy and the rest of the Baltimore secondary has yet to be tested.
-Surely Pittsburgh will be focused, but how will Baltimore react to the Rice news? They can't be practicing at 100%...

Hey Vice, I won't be able to see it, can you fill me in on exactly what happened?
Yeah, no doubt man, I'll be sure to keep ya posted.
Anticipation for this game is gonna make the day fly by.

Reactions: Snowman1