2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Oh nvm it's 3 days not 6 days haha forgot that was a Thursday night game.. Yeah I'd be utterly shocked if they put him in at all, that last preseason game is usually only played by 2nd/3rd and perhaps some rookie QBs (starters or not), if Jackson managed to get hurt by a rookie or some schmuck that'd be rather embarrassing for Jackson :)
Last PS is always never usually starters, and although I wouldn't say Jackson needs this PS game to be ready for the main season (cause he doesn't, he's a vet), I'm just very curious to see him in action. Have I lost faith in him? No, same thing with Ball. I think he'll do fine. I just wanna see.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Man this preseason shit just wont end

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
After 2 weeks Brady Quinn as officially been cut from the Dolphins roster.

Eagles release Julian Vandervelde to comply with the 75-man roster cut down that was required today; previously after cutting 14 players a few days ago they were only at 76.

Seahawks fined $300,000 and loss of two minicamp practices for 2015; the reason for this was because they had too much contact apparently and practiced too hard.

Patriots have traded Logan Mankins to the Buccaneers in exchange for Timothy Wright and a 4th Rd. Pick.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
NFL is upholding the 1 yr suspension for Josh Gordon.

Suspended WR Josh Gordon can apply for reinstatement at the end of the 2014 season.
It's technically just a season-long ban for Gordon, not a calendar-year suspension. It's a glimmer of good news. Gordon will be away from the Browns for roughly 5-6 months, as long as he keeps his nose clean. Gordon took and passed over 70 drug tests, but failed the one that led to this suspension by 0.01 nanograms per milliliter. Gordon's agent needs to surround him with good people while he's away from the game. He has a ton of football ahead of him

Reactions: Red Rain

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Dolphins coach Philbin suggests Lamar Miller is in the leading spot to be the starting RB over Knowshon Moreno, granted Daniel Thomas has yet to play this preseason I'm pretty sure it's safe to say the only competition is between Miller and Moreno and we will possibly know more after the final preseason game.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
NFL is upholding the 1 yr suspension for Josh Gordon.
Sounds great. He'll be back for their playoff run then, right?
fa8b62573d6e521a7c15adf1c181a02b.gif

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I like JAX this year, something tells me they will go about 6-10.. I can't honestly say any higher than that simply for the fact that I don't think they'll nail the chemistry of that young offense yet.. the 3 rookie WRs in Lee, Robinson and Hurns though have quite the potential playing with Cecil who should be getting most of the looks.
sad

Did he ever get another chance after Wacksonville?
Not a serious one but the Jets and Dolphins gave him a preseason opportunity.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hey D'Z, cba to find which thread it was in, but there's no possible way all 3 of those guys bust. You'll get your WR2 and probably your Flex problem solved.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I assume you mean Tate, Williams and Boykin?

I have solid RB depth too. Bradshaw will get his job soon from t Bitch and Blount has sneaky value.

what do you think about Pierce week 1 vs Cincy? I'm starting him over MJD @ NYJ