2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
nfl.com: Rams have interest in trading for Eagles QB Mark Sanchez.

That would be kinda interesting.
Talk about grasping for straws.
Replace a question mark with an even larger question mark.
With an iffy backfield, they Rams will require a game manager not an inaccurate interception machine like Mark Sanchez

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
As far as I can tell the trade would have to be very lucrative for Chip and Roseman to send Sanchez off in a trade.
One trade for me in particular would be Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein and a 5th round pick for Sanchez. I'd rather have G-Money than Henery as my kicker going forward.

A hairline fracture thankfully, have him in my big money league; two weeks away from opener should definitely be healed enough by week two at the latest.

I still have some hope for Sanchez, he's got some potential to be an average starting QB as nobody could have a chance with that entire disasterous situation with the Jets. If the game-manager loving Fisher thinks they can fix him in a market that gets virtually no national media attention, then he's worth a chance.

St. Louis cannot see Sam Bradford as the future any longer. They have one of the best backup QB's in the league in Hill, so they're free to foolishly give themselves a chance to win instead of tanking for Jameis/Mariota/Hundley/etc. With Sanchez, he can either bounce back to being a serviceable QB they can be happy with, or he'll buttfumble his way into being replaced by a top-5 pick. Either way, problem solved.

There's virtually no chance the trade will happen though. When's the last rumored trade to actually happen?

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I still have some hope for Sanchez, he's got some potential to be an average starting QB as nobody could have a chance with that entire disasterous situation with the Jets. If the game-manager loving Fisher thinks they can fix him in a market that gets virtually no national media attention, then he's worth a chance.

St. Louis cannot see Sam Bradford as the future any longer. They have one of the best backup QB's in the league in Hill, so they're free to foolishly give themselves a chance to win instead of tanking for Jameis/Mariota/Hundley/etc. With Sanchez, he can either bounce back to being a serviceable QB they can be happy with, or he'll buttfumble his way into being replaced by a top-5 pick. Either way, problem solved.

There's virtually no chance the trade will happen though. When's the last rumored trade to actually happen?
Rams are fierce up front defensively. I would try and win some games.
An above average QB would take pressure off the young unproven RB they have.
Putting 8 in the box won't be difficult now and that unproven back is gonna be hacked,

Fisher and Rex Ryan are similar. The only difference is Jeff Fisher isn't a dumba**

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Personally I would take the hit seeing as San Fran, Seattle and Arizona all look arguably more fierce in that division than the Rams.
They're going to need a more durable QB since Sam has suffered a good amount of injuries in his relatively young NFL career.
Perhaps Winston or Mariota will be the piece of the puzzle they seek, I do like Bradford but two torn ACLs on the same side relatively close together is not promising by any means.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Matt Cassel to start over Bridgewater for the Vikings. Well then.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Sanchez doubts he'll be traded. That's interesting.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"Would love a call from the Rams!"

-davidgarrard9 on Twitter

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ryan Mallett could be a potential trade target for the Rams, Patriots are going to start Jimmy Garropolo and having him go the distance to test his abilities and to see if he will make a good back up for the time being so they will protect Mallett's current value just in case Jimmy does well.

Richie Incognito cleared to play in the regular season.

Steven Jackson finally resumes practicing (For @Nero_x3).

Antonio Gates has seen more opportunities that the highly talented Ladarius Green, it would seem Gates will no hand over the reigns without a fight.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Good for Gates. As for Jackson, I'm curious if he'll play the last preseason game. Not as if he needs it considering he's a vet, and risking a hit is kinda bad, but who knows.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Good for Gates. As for Jackson, I'm curious if he'll play the last preseason game. Not as if he needs it considering he's a vet, and risking a hit is kinda bad, but who knows.
Probably not, 6 days of practice (still somewhat limited in practice from what I understand), let's just say the Falcons would be absolutely stupid to risk something like that :p

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Probably not, 6 days of practice (still somewhat limited in practice from what I understand), let's just say the Falcons would be absolutely stupid to risk something like that :p
Jackson still seems like he's willing to do it so iunno. Maybe he'll play very little on the PS game? Most likely going to just stay at practice which is no problem.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jackson still seems like he's willing to do it so iunno. Maybe he'll play very little on the PS game? Most likely going to just stay at practice which is no problem.
Oh nvm it's 3 days not 6 days haha forgot that was a Thursday night game.. Yeah I'd be utterly shocked if they put him in at all, that last preseason game is usually only played by 2nd/3rd and perhaps some rookie QBs (starters or not), if Jackson managed to get hurt by a rookie or some schmuck that'd be rather embarrassing for Jackson :)