2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I assume you mean Tate, Williams and Boykin?

I have solid RB depth too. Bradshaw will get his job soon from t Bitch and Blount has sneaky value.

what do you think about Pierce week 1 vs Cincy? I'm starting him over MJD @ NYJ

Pierce for sure. Both have looked good this preseason but Pierce is a lock for more carries.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Raiders won't be running vs NYJs front 7 lol, especially a 10:00 kick

Ravens are usually much better at home

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Actually there's a shot MJD could get more carries. They could give a 35-35 split and have Schaub throw twice, which doesn't seem like a bad gameplan at all.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Actually there's a shot MJD could get more carries. They could give a 35-35 split and have Schaub throw twice, which doesn't seem like a bad gameplan at all.
on the contrary the Jets secondary is terrible. they will be susceptible to the pass much more so than the run.

start Carr, Schaub is "hurt"

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
on the contrary the Jets secondary is terrible. they will be susceptible to the pass much more so than the run.

start Carr, Schaub is "hurt"

We'll see how Carr showcases his skills against the Seahawks reserves who aren't slouches by any means, should be a nice test for him should he get the start week 1.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Marqise Lee looked solid on that 57 yard TD reception from Bortles.

Sammy Watkins exited the game early, due to what looks like a minor re-injuring of his ribs again.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Derek Carr looked real poised yesterday putting up an almost perfect passer rating against the tough depth of the Seahawks defense.. totally start him week 1, he looked very comfortable.

Jeremy Hill rushed 20 times for 90 yards and caught 6-of-6 targets for 70 yards in the Bengals' preseason finale Thursday night.

With the releasing of Lawfirm today the Bengals seem comfortable in rolling with Gio & Hill so Hill could be a nice sleeper even though Gio is likely to get most of the touches.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Josey got cut.
Didn't show enough against 1st stringers and the 2nd stringers; unfortunately for him most of his success came against 3rd and 4th stringers; especially last night (16 of his 22 carries and 83 yds) came against the 3rd & 4th string. Matthew Tucker will be next and we will roll with McCoy/Sproles/Polk/Barner.. in other news Cody Parker looked good kickin between the pipes last night, Henery looked a little worried about his job..

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Derek Carr looked real poised yesterday putting up an almost perfect passer rating against the tough depth of the Seahawks defense.. totally start him week 1, he looked very comfortable.

With the releasing of Lawfirm today the Bengals seem comfortable in rolling with Gio & Hill so Hill could be a nice sleeper even though Gio is likely to get most of the touches.
Jeremy Hill looks to be a great sleeper. He's young, has good size and was picked high enough to be considered legit.
RB's picked in the first round these days can be unwise unless they are a freak of nature like Adrian Peterson.
At least he isn't tiny like Trent Richardson.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jeremy Hill looks to be a great sleeper. He's young, has good size and was picked high enough to be considered legit.
RB's picked in the first round these days can be unwise unless they are a freak of nature like Adrian Peterson.
At least he isn't tiny like Trent Richardson.
He wasn't picked in the first.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
He wasn't picked in the first.
I know, which is why I consider him a legit pick. 2nd through 4th round is a great time to pick players who won't be cornerstones for the next 10-15 years.
My grammar should have been more clear. My fault.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I know, which is why I consider him a legit pick. 2nd through 4th round is a great time to pick players who won't be cornerstones for the next 10-15 years.
My grammar should have been more clear. My fault.
Oh I see, yeah I like rounds 2-4 picks.