2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I think Hill is going to play a smaller role than I originally expected. 26 touches in the fourth preseason game is telling; Bernard is the bell cow there.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
My god, I'm ready to get the season started! Ravens are looking good this year with a 4-0 start...
But the Vikings are 4-0 as well, so I'm not sure how to take this. :silva:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
preseason wins and losses don't mean shit. you can judge how individual players looks, but final scores could not be any less relevant. Scoring first teams vs first teams might be indicative of something, definitely not the score after 4th stringers have been on the field.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
preseason wins and losses don't mean shit. you can judge how individual players looks, but final scores could not be any less relevant. Scoring first teams vs first teams might be indicative of something, definitely not the score after 4th stringers have been on the field.
That was the point. It was poorly made, but I was pointing out how tired I was of watching games where the shittiest teams could go undefeated because their bench warmers are better than the next guy's.
On another note...
You've given me so many "What" ratings that I'm beginning to question my own sanity :cry:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
NFL officially suspends Aldon Smith for 9 games; will not be available until Week 11.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The Bengals dropped BenJarvus Green-Ellis

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Bengals dropped BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Posted this earlier :p

Derek Carr looked real poised yesterday putting up an almost perfect passer rating against the tough depth of the Seahawks defense.. totally start him week 1, he looked very comfortable.

With the releasing of Lawfirm today the Bengals seem comfortable in rolling with Gio & Hill so Hill could be a nice sleeper even though Gio is likely to get most of the touches.

Lawfirm is his nickname :p

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

0-16 Lions finished the preseason 4-0

But yeah Vice it's really easy to get pumped up for this year. The team looks SO much better.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A team full of bench warmers.

For what it's worth, the Ravens lead the league in rushing in preseason, with Talliaferro (sp?) leading the league in rushing yards and that one guy who I won't try to spell leading the team in receiving. Running game is back baby... and the fact that we destroyed the Redskins' 1st team offense starting Chykie and Dominque Franks is just awesome. Most of the rookies on D are panning out so far as Mosley looks like a speeding bullet out there. Looking forward to a great season!

Wait, we just cleared up 3 mil in cap room... what's going on...

Reactions: Vice

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the Ravens lead the league in rushing in preseason, with Talliaferro (sp?) leading the league in rushing yards and that one guy who I won't try to spell leading the team in receiving. Running game is back baby... and the fact that we destroyed the Redskins' 1st team offense starting Chykie and Dominque Franks is just awesome. Most of the rookies on D are panning out so far as Mosley looks like a speeding bullet out there. Looking forward to a great season!

Wait, we just cleared up 3 mil in cap room... what's going on...
I was thinking that Taliaferro might blossom into a starting back in the next 2-3 seasons, but by then, it'll probably be Pierce at the helm.
Think Ozzie is up to something. At first I thought he was clearing up room to extend the contracts of Torrey Smith, Ngata, and Tucker, but extensions usually give the cap space some relief. It has also been reported that this is NOT the reason they restructured Webb's contract. Either Ozzie's gearing up for a trade, or he is expecting value to fall right into his lap. Either way, I trust the wizard of Oz :woohoo:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I think Hill is going to play a smaller role than I originally expected. 26 touches in the fourth preseason game is telling; Bernard is the bell cow there.
Very true. Bernard is incredible small, but he's 22 years old only has 170 carries and isn't named Trent Richardson.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Very true. Bernard is incredible small, but he's 22 years old only has 170 carries and isn't named Trent Richardson.
He's really not that "small" just short. 5'9 but like 210. Pretty build tbh
1aefb42fb57509f6b63b7cfa319d312e.jpg

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Damnit @Dolph'sZiggler . So many "what?"s on my comments that soon I'll be able to make the beginning of that Macklemore song...
87302d03fe676c6bca7bcbffc53c67d7.png