2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hey Sharpy, it's seeming more and more likely that your boy Deji will wind up making the roster after the Franks cut...

Anyway, nothing too too surprising about the cuts so far Vice, but A.Q. did do well at center for Indy 2 years ago even though he struggled at guard for us. Hope Fitz Toussaint can land on our practice squad... otherwise just not much to say.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Champ might as well hang them up or take a really LOW contract to be depth, he's not an every down DB anymore.

James Harrison picks retirement over another job.

QB Kyle Orton is reported to be joining the Bills.

I was surprised Michael Sam got cut, I think he'll end up on the practice squad but... there are some teams kind of in need of some DE depth so he may not slip through the waivers as cleanly as Jeff Fisher may want him too.

Eagles made all predictable cuts, I hate the fact Brad Smith made the team over Damaris Johnson (someone who can run, catch and return) especially with Barner,Josey and Tucker cut.. Good news is PK Alex Henery is donezo with Philly, however PK Cody Parker is still very young and was 14/19 last year for Auburn but had a high number of touchbacks. He had a couple 50+ yd kicks during his short preseason stint so I guess that let him get the job.. one unfortunate thing is that if he plays 4 games we will have to give up a 7th rd pick.

nvm sharpy :okay:

*goes away again*

It's alright he'll make the practice squad and Jimmy Smith will still be able to mentor his "little brother" so maybe next year, practice squad is still a job :p

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The fact that he got a couple sacks and showed a lot of class during the preseason means that won't happen.. he deserves to make the team.
Getting sacks in the second half of preseason games against scrubs doesn't make him any more fit to be an NFL player. He simply isn't big or explosive enough to help a team as a pass rusher at DE and he isn't agile enough to play LB. He was a good college player who doesn't translate to the pros; happens with dozens and dozens of high caliber NCAA Players each year.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If a them is desperate enough for a mascot they'll give Sam a look.
The Jaguars fit that bill as well as Buffalo.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
As soon as word got to the Eagles about TP being released the word was spreading quick that QB Matt Barkley is being put on the trade block for a 5th or 6th round pick I'm hearing.. I'm assuming TP will be an Eagle should they be able to move Barkley away from the team.

Apparently the Bills are paying $5 million to Kyle Orton to be a back-up to EJ Manuel, who will still get the start.. IMO smart move aside from the financial specifics. I think if Manuel ends up holding the clipboard for Orton at some point it will probably be pretty beneficial to him, regardless of Kyle Orton not being one of the better QBs around, still would be good to learn a little bit from a veteran.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If they're paying Kyle Orton 5 million its because they believe he's worth it.
He was supposed to retire and is one if the better backups in the league by far.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
e-t-ouch-o-1.gif

Orton > Alex Smith

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
As soon as word got to the Eagles about TP being released the word was spreading quick that QB Matt Barkley is being put on the trade block for a 5th or 6th round pick I'm hearing.. I'm assuming TP will be an Eagle should they be able to move Barkley away from the team.

Apparently the Bills are paying $5 million to Kyle Orton to be a back-up to EJ Manuel, who will still get the start.. IMO smart move aside from the financial specifics. I think if Manuel ends up holding the clipboard for Orton at some point it will probably be pretty beneficial to him, regardless of Kyle Orton not being one of the better QBs around, still would be good to learn a little bit from a veteran.
It would be interesting to see what Chip Kelly would do with Terrelle Pryor.
The Raiders were run by idiots. The Seahawks were a defensive juggernaut with a QB in place who was pro ready coming in.

If Chip Kelly is simply a smarter Andy Reid (whose a QB aficionado, himself) then Pryor could end up being another Colin Kaepernick.
Should Chip Kelly transform Pryor, the Eagles could have a 49er type scenario on their hands with two valuable commodities at QB for high round draft picks.