2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Okay did my research... neither WR will have a breakout season this year... well, because they play for the Giants (Sorry Danny) but statistically speaking Randle should have the better season.

But no matter what the wager is here I don't want to be a part of the bet... but I will say good luck to Danny.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
D'Z ain't winning a debate with Danny cause Danny is firm in his convictions.

As for the Randle debate, the coach is familiar with the pkayer , his body language and injury history.
In terms of projecting I would go with the current head coach, barring the unforeseen.

Danny may be correct in that Eli favors the other player but the new offensive scheme this year seems to favor Randle's skill set.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

As for the Randle debate, the coach is familiar with the pkayer , his body language and injury history.
In terms of projecting I would go with the current head coach, barring the unforeseen.

Danny may be correct in that Eli favors the other player but the new offensive scheme this year seems to favor Randle's skill set.
He can win it if Jernigan flops

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

You think quick passes underneath favors the slower footed Randle? I think Randle's clear edge is that of the redzone. Eli will go to him very often in that area. Much like he would always go to Nicks/ Plaxico back in the day. He goes to the more physical guy at that point.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'm not saying you are wrong, Danny.
I'm simply raising the point that this is a new offense and Eli is struggling to grasp it.
The plan is to feature Randle because he is favorable to the scheme and the situation.

However, the most important cog is Eli. You may be spot on in assuming Eli will favor Jernigan she the chips are down. If the season tanks, you may as well Allow Eli to work to his strengths. This would favor Jernigan.

The 'plan' heading into the season seems to favor Randle as a more primary target.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Call it the Dwayne Bowe rule. So many people were hyping up Dwayne Bowe last year. "Andy Reid will love using this guy!" "Best QB he's ever had!".. then the guy was a colossal fantasy bust because Alex Smith doesn't throw to WR's. He didn't throw to Crabtree for so long and now he doesn't throw to Bowe.

Scheme matters less than the QB. Jernigan > Randle

anyway, dear Gary Kubiak: when it's 4th and inches you might want to punt the ball. Also the Ravens' FB may actually have fantasy appeal after all. wtf

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Call it the Dwayne Bowe rule. So many people were hyping up Dwayne Bowe last year. "Andy Reid will love using this guy!" "Best QB he's ever had!".. then the guy was a colossal fantasy bust because Alex Smith doesn't throw to WR's. He didn't throw to Crabtree for so long and now he doesn't throw to Bowe.

Scheme matters less than the QB. Jernigan > Randle

anyway, dear Gary Kubiak: when it's 4th and inches you might want to punt the ball. Also the Ravens' FB may actually have fantasy appeal after all. wtf
Eli doesn't have nearly the track record of not throwing to WRs that Smith does lol. Horrible, horrible logic.

edit: Also I was hyping D Bowe to be dog shit last season, so there is that...

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Another solid game from the Dolphins... gotta get the turnovers and penalties down some but looked good none the less.

Less than 2 weeks until the regular season!

Reactions: Snowman1

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Eli doesn't have nearly the track record of not throwing to WRs that Smith does lol. Horrible, horrible logic.

edit: Also I was hyping D Bowe to be dog shit last season, so there is that...
I think he was referring to the types of passes he throws, not the position. Eli loves lil 5-10 yard passes for his competitions. The Alex smith comparison he was using was that it didn't matter the system, the quarterback is going to do what he is most comfortable with.

Even if you use the new scheme as a reason to favor Randle, it doesn't look good. Completing 70% is going to utilize a lot of cruz and jernigan. I'm not too sure Randle would be effective running short routes. I just have never seen him get that type of separation right off the line.(4.54 40) Jernigan (4.3 guy)

I could be wrong, but I still think Jernigan is going to have a better overall year than Randle.

Last edited:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'd talk about more teams, but most of the time i'm talking out of mya ss. The giants are the only team I can really formulate a real opinion about. The rest I only catch here and there.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Steve Smith with a delightful TD to my eyes in his first Baltimore TD action. Hopefully we see more of it!
I'm pumped for fantasy this year ladies & gents!

edit: hopefully I*** see more of it!