2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
not calling plays =/= having no say in the offense.

But cool. I would have had mercy on your sig and usertitle, but your attitude is going to get you further buried chump

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
None of it matters anyways because the offense looks like pure shit outside of Jennings. It's going to be a shitty season. Randle and Jernigan will score about the same. I'll take my chances on Jernigan still. Eli connected with him more often when it was just the two of them out there when cruz was hurt.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
None of it matters anyways because the offense looks like pure shit outside of Jennings. It's going to be a shitty season. Randle and Jernigan will score about the same. I'll take my chances on Jernigan still. Eli connected with him more often when it was just the two of them out there when cruz was hurt.
Giants gonna be baaaaaaaad. Not Raiders bad mind you, but baaaaaaaaaaad.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I've watched every snap of every giants game. If you don't want to take my word for it, so be it. Randle is a red zone threat. Jernigan will getting catches galore.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
@Dolph'sZiggler I know you probably don't care, but let me explain why I think jernigan has a better year

Last year cruz went down the final 3 games.

It was Nicks, Randle, and Jernigan (jernigan in the slot)

Randle
Week 15: 2 catches 4 targets 27 yards 0 td
Week 16: 4 catches 9 targets 40 yards 0 td
Week 17: 0 catches 0 targets 0 yards 0 td

Jernigan
Week 15: 7 catches 8 targets 67 yards 0 td
Week 16: 6 catches 12 targets 80 yards 1 td
Week 17: 6 catches 7 targets 90 yards 1 td

It was enough for wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan to convince some -- including possibly theGiants -- he's going to be one of the league's best third wide receivers this season.

With Hakeem Nicks off in Indianapolis and Rueben Randle sliding into his starting spot in the Giants lineup, Jernigan projects as Eli Manning's third receiver, behind Victor Cruz and Randle. And after three strong performances to close out last season (19 catches, 233 yards, 2 TDs), Pro Football Focus and Rotoworld's Mike Clay projects Jernigan as the third-best No. 3 wide receiver from a fantasy standpoint in 2014.

Clay writes:

Fantasy's No. 2 scoring wide receiver over the final three weeks of the 2013 season, Jernigan is primed for a much larger role going forward. A third-round pick in 2011, Jernigan figures to share slot duties with Victor Cruz and will push Rueben Randle for a starting gig. Question marks at tight end mean targets will be easy to find for Jernigan. Keep him on your WR4 radar.

The Giants can only hope Clay's right, although it's doubtful he'll seriously push Randle for the starting gig. From Day 1, Randle has been ahead of Jernigan on the depth chart.

Clay is high on Jernigan though. He has him ranked ahead of established players like Nicks, Mike Williams (Bills) and Danny Amendola (Patriots) as the top third receivers this season. That's quite a show of confidence for a player with three quality games under his belt.

Bottomline. ELI CAN'T fit in throws deep or anywhere reasonable. He is going to stick to the lil bitch tit throws to cruz /jernigan/manningham/beckham. It has and will allays be like this with Eli.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I feel you dog. I would never doubt that you have a reason to feel the way you feel, as you obviously are more tapped into the Giants than I. I just think you are overstating Jerigen's role while understating Randle's and now you are displaying great courage in your conviction, which is great. I think Randle is going to have a nice season and win me this bet comfortably. If I'm wrong feel free to have me express my ignorance in my sig for 6 months or however long it would be.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Danny put up a good argument complete with statistical proof.... I say good on him.

D'Z will smack him in the head when he's not looking sometime later.
Damn, if his argument was so convincing you should hop in on the bet! Want in on the action hot shot?