2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Green Bay fucked up losing to Buffalo. If Seattle had to go to GB it would be interesting.. but GB in Seattle? I can't see it.

As for Pey Pey, I don't think he is healthy. He hasn't looked the same since the NE game when he was hurt. This isn't a case of washed up, just injured. Not that that changes their outlook any on this season. but honestly if they can keep the run game going I could see broke ass Peyton taking this team to the SB. Their defense is really good more often than not and they are loaded with talent.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Green Bay fucked up losing to Buffalo. If Seattle had to go to GB it would be interesting.. but GB in Seattle? I can't see it.

As for Pey Pey, I don't think he is healthy. He hasn't looked the same since the NE game when he was hurt. This isn't a case of washed up, just injured. Not that that changes their outlook any on this season.

He has the thigh injury, how much does it change his seeming inability to push it down the field?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He has the thigh injury, how much does it change his seeming inability to push it down the field?
Just put on highlights from him earlier in the season. There is your difference.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Kinda interested to see who wins the passing/receiving titles this year:

Brees: 4,671
Roethlisberger: 4, 635
Luck: 4,601
(Manning and Ryan are 200 yards behind)

Brown: 1,570
Julio: 1,535
Demaryius: 1,504
Jordy: 1,433

Should be fun, and obviously Peyton was his typical unstoppable self earlier in the season. Do hope the dude can get healthy soon, this is easily the best team he's ever had around him

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Brees seems like a safe bet. They've got nothing else to play for but him padding stats lol.

Julio is mad underrated. I never hear his name mentioned among the Calvins, AJ Greens or Dez's of the world, but he is right there as good as any of them.

oh, speaking of underrated, hi Antonio Brown!

none of them matter though. ODB would have gotten that shit if he were healthy. All hail ODB

Snowman1

Reaction score
Brees seems like a safe bet. They've got nothing else to play for but him padding stats lol.

Julio is mad underrated. I never hear his name mentioned among the Calvins, AJ Greens or Dez's of the world, but he is right there as good as any of them.

none of them matter though. ODB would have gotten that shit if he were healthy. All hail ODB

Breakout game vs Indy (although Randle may have got Vontae that game): 8-156
vs Dallas: 10-146-2
vs Seattle: 7-108

It sounds crazy, but ODB may belong in that Dez/Green/Calvin/Brown/Julio group ALREADY. After not being "all that impressive" in college. Nobody can stop him. These other teams don't even try.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
To think that if we had a kicker at the Buffalo game we wouldnt even be talking about DET vs GB. Its the small things that count in the NFL

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

I guess it depends on what you mean by underrated, here in Ohio there is always ravings about Antonio Brown, I cannot go a Sunday without hearing his name.. Julio is another story, I don't think he's underrated by talent evaluators but he's definitely one of the lesser talked about elite WRs.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Alex Smith out with a lacerated spleen, Chase Daniel to start vs the Chargers.

*eagerly awaits D'Z's reaction to this*

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Alex Smith out with a lacerated spleen, Chase Daniel to start vs the Chargers.

*eagerly awaits D'Z's reaction to this*
He could end up a hero of Missouri if the game goes in his favor.. he's done well in the past when it comes to big games in the clutch.. although most of those were in his college days when he was hooking up passes with Maclin in the end zone.

Snowman1

Reaction score
He could end up a hero of Missouri if the game goes in his favor.. he's done well in the past when it comes to big games in the clutch.. although most of those were in his college days when he was hooking up passes with Maclin in the end zone.

Remember in his one start last year he put up a quality effort against these same Chargers, despite resting starters KC pushed the game into overtime and SD won on a blocked punt, iIRC.

Makes sense, really. Losing the starting QB usually motivates the rest of the team to play better to make up for the QB injury, but from what I hear, Smith and Daniel are basically the same guy, so really this is good football news for KC.

Still, lacerated spleens SUCK

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Remember in his one start last year he put up a quality effort against these same Chargers, despite resting starters KC pushed the game into overtime and SD won on a blocked punt, iIRC.

Makes sense, really. Losing the starting QB usually motivates the rest of the team to play better to make up for the QB injury, but from what I hear, Smith and Daniel are basically the same guy, so really this is good football news for KC.

Still, lacerated spleens SUCK
Yeah I'm pretty excited for Daniel to get this opportunity, KC still has a chance to make the playoffs.. hopefully Charles,Bowe/Avery/Avant/Kelce and Fasano can help the guy out.

Most lacerations suck, unless they're just very minor..

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty excited for Daniel to get this opportunity, KC still has a chance to make the playoffs.. hopefully Charles,Bowe/Avery/Avant/Kelce and Fasano can help the guy out.

Most lacerations suck, unless they're just very minor..

Pretty sure the pecking order is San Diego, Baltimore, Houston, Kansas City... whoever the first winner is of that list is #6. Don't think any of these teams will do any damage either way, if Rivers was healthy San Diego would be scary...