2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's a shame RGIII has had a mini-resurgence in Washington, otherwise RG3 in Houston would possibly be scary!

A lot of QBs potentially on the movie this year, some better than others but we have..

Cam Newton, RG3, Cutler, Brian Hoyer, Jake Locker, Ponder, Sanchez, Vick, Mallett, Clausen, Austin Davis (Who was having a decent run earlier this season in STL).

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's official Connor Shaw has been given the starting nod for the Cleveland Browns, now what would be pretty funny is if he came out swinging hard and put up some outstanding numbers away at a Ravens team trying to get a spot in the Playoffs.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's official Connor Shaw has been given the starting nod for the Cleveland Browns, now what would be pretty funny is if he came out swinging hard and put up some outstanding numbers away at a Ravens team trying to get a spot in the Playoffs.

:tough:

From what I saw of him in college I didn't see an NFL QB at all, but he certainly has more heart than many NFL QB's

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
:tough:

From what I saw of him in college I didn't see an NFL QB at all, but he certainly has more heart than many NFL QB's

HE does have an accurate deep ball though and has pretty good eyes when it comes to squeezing passes in. Idk he's a good person to have on your practice squad just for situations like this, he's basically the Browns version of Eagles QB GJ Kinne.

His '13 highlights aren't too shabby..

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Think we've got a nice shot at the playoffs, what say you @Vice?

Damned injuries.
Agreed man, I feel like We can definitely handle the Browns with their shite run D, their QB situation, as well as Josh Gordon catching the ban hammer for second time this year. I'm really worried about the Chargers game though. With Alex Smith out, here's to rooting for a 200 yard, 3 TD effort by Jamaal Charles eh?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
A lot of QBs potentially on the movie this year, some better than others but we have..

Cam Newton, RG3, Cutler, Brian Hoyer, Jake Locker, Ponder, Sanchez, Vick, Mallett, Clausen, Austin Davis (Who was having a decent run earlier this season in STL).
Ponder couldn't get signed as a High School coach, let alone find a job on another NFL team. I'm glad we aren't clammoring for a QB, it should be interesting to see the changes from this season to next.

I think our loss to Buffalo was good timing. We spend more time handing the ball off (like we should have then) and ball control is best for business.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ponder is going to be a cheap back-up option to anyone that needs it, he's a smart kid, his game is pretty raw IMO and with the right amount of support he can probably suffice as a fill-in option. I feel he gets a bad rep because so much was expected from him being what the 12th overall pick of that draft? He realistically should'fe been a early 3rd but the Vikings for whatever reason loved him enough.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Ponder couldn't get signed as a High School coach, let alone find a job on another NFL team. I'm glad we aren't clammoring for a QB, it should be interesting to see the changes from this season to next.

I think our loss to Buffalo was good timing. We spend more time handing the ball off (like we should have then) and ball control is best for business.
Good timing lol. Let's face it, GB is jekyl and hyde in GB and not in GB. They haven't really looked GOOD on the road all season, how can anyone give a serious projection of them going into Seattle and winning? I mean, it could happen, but we have nothing to indicate that it is a likely outcome.

Had they beaten Buffalo everything in the NFC would have gone through Lambeau and GB would have been the SB favorite out of the conference. As it stands, Seattle is definitely the favorite. HFA isn't everything, but with certain teams it damn near is.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Agreed man, I feel like We can definitely handle the Browns with their shite run D, their QB situation, as well as Josh Gordon catching the ban hammer for second time this year. I'm really worried about the Chargers game though. With Alex Smith out, here's to rooting for a 200 yard, 3 TD effort by Jamaal Charles eh?

I am sooooo much more confident in the KC game than Baltimore/Cleveland. Kansas City will be extra motivated, they still technically have something to play for (and a playoff spot honestly isn't that unrealistic) and I don't see how going from Smith to Daniel is really a downgrade, Meanwhile, an injured Philip Rivers with a patchwork OL gets to go up against Houston/Hali/Poe, have fun with that

If the Ravens from the last 2 weeks show up, I wouldn't pick us to beat anybody (except apparently Jacksonville lol). Know Wagner and probably Monroe are out, do you know if the rest of the O is healthy?

Snowman1

Reaction score
elsewhere with WWEF teams... Dolphins win by 70... Vikings over Bears by 70 and then every Bear is released... Giants upset the Eagles... Rodgers completely annihilates the Lions...

Oddly enough I'm super interested in this stupid Oakland/Denver game

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I am sooooo much more confident in the KC game than Baltimore/Cleveland. Kansas City will be extra motivated, they still technically have something to play for (and a playoff spot honestly isn't that unrealistic) and I don't see how going from Smith to Daniel is really a downgrade, Meanwhile, an injured Philip Rivers with a patchwork OL gets to go up against Houston/Hali/Poe, have fun with that

If the Ravens from the last 2 weeks show up, I wouldn't pick us to beat anybody (except apparently Jacksonville lol). Know Wagner and probably Monroe are out, do you know if the rest of the O is healthy?
Everyone should be ready to go. Zuttah's been dealing with an ankle injury these past few weeks, but that shouldn't stop him.