2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Packers offense has only scored 2 TD's in the last 3 games against Detroit (;

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
they try to vote ppl in that don't rly have something to play for. Justin Forsett would've been a cool pick but he's AFC so that wouldn't've worked and Matt Forte was prlly against playing in it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So is it the Pats vs Packers this year, or Pats vs Seahawks? Does anyone else have a chance?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
So is it the Pats vs Packers this year, or Pats vs Seahawks? Does anyone else have a chance?
I don't see anyone winning in Seattle or Green Bay, but the AFC seems pretty open honestly. I don't think the Pats are unbeatable by any stretch. If a team can find a way to take away Gronk somehow that offense will fall apart, similar to how New Orleans fell apart against Seattle last season when Graham was taken away by the LOB.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I don't see anyone winning in Seattle or Green Bay, but the AFC seems pretty open honestly. I don't think the Pats are unbeatable by any stretch. If a team can find a way to take away Gronk somehow that offense will fall apart, similar to how New Orleans fell apart against Seattle last season when Graham was taken away by the LOB.

For what it's worth, Dallas won in Seattle earlier this season... which isn't worth much since that was the Early 2014 Seahawks who didn't really care. I really do want to believe in this Lions team, but we'll see.

I really don't want to count out Big Ben in the playoffs, but when you put it that way...

I wish there was a stat that shows how Gronk did when an elite CB covered him (maybe PFF is that in-depth?) but Indy's Vontae Davis has been such a beast this year, would be fun to watch if he's up to the task. Maybe Shazier can cover him for PIT, know the Jets just put the blueprint out on how to do it, and if their defense can...

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Dallas won in Seattle earlier this season... which isn't worth much since that was the Early 2014 Seahawks who didn't really care. I really do want to believe in this Lions team, but we'll see.

I really don't want to count out Big Ben in the playoffs, but when you put it that way...

I wish there was a stat that shows how Gronk did when an elite CB covered him (maybe PFF is that in-depth?) but Indy's Vontae Davis has been such a beast this year, would be fun to watch if he's up to the task. Maybe Shazier can cover him for PIT, know the Jets just put the blueprint out on how to do it, and if their defense can...
CBs are too small. You need a good sized safety to handle Gronk. Chancellor is the one realistic option, but he won't be seeing Gronk until the SB, if then. It will be a team effort taking Gronk out of a game, because really nobody is handling him 1 on 1. But you can handle guys like Edleman or Lafell 1 on 1.

and yea, Dallas won in Seattle but that wasn't Seattle that played the last month. They've hit their stride and I'll be riding them all the way to the SB with my bookie. Hell, even the Sb will wind up feeling like a Hawks home game with it being in Levi Stadium.

it feels like a repeat to me

Snowman1

Reaction score
CBs are too small. You need a good sized safety to handle Gronk. Chancellor is the one realistic option, but he won't be seeing Gronk until the SB, if then. It will be a team effort taking Gronk out of a game, because really nobody is handling him 1 on 1. But you can handle guys like Edleman or Lafell 1 on 1.

and yea, Dallas won in Seattle but that wasn't Seattle that played the last month. They've hit their stride and I'll be riding them all the way to the SB with my bookie. Hell, even the Sb will wind up feeling like a Hawks home game with it being in Levi Stadium.

it feels like a repeat to me

As far as I know, neither of these teams have the safeties to match up. Maybe T.J. Ward of Denver + someone else? But that depends on if Peyton's really not as finished as he looks right now.

Brady'll do what Brady does, you can take the kinda-deep threat of LaFell out 1-on-1, and he'll just throw little short stuff to Vereen/Edelman, you limit that while the rest of the team focuses on Gronk

I just have this feeling that there's gonna be some random team to mess things up for Seattle, but don't know who. It just seems too easy, but that's because they're that much better than everyone else (suck it Aids)