2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
His route running is up there. I've never seen someone get so much separation. He's tourched everyone including Sherm
IIRC he really only got that one long ball on Sherm, the rest were a couple 5-10 yarders, but yeah I'm not going to doubt his abilities he was the #1 WR that the Eagles were looking at to fit their system why they decided not to trade up but to trade back is beyond me, maybe they'll draft a little smarter this season and perhaps spend some of that guap they had leftover.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
IIRC he really only got that one long ball on Sherm, the rest were a couple 5-10 yarders, but yeah I'm not going to doubt his abilities he was the #1 WR that the Eagles were looking at to fit their system why they decided not to trade up but to trade back is beyond me, maybe they'll draft a little smarter this season and perhaps spend some of that guap they had leftover.
I watched the game. Sherm didn't have the quickness to get up on him all his catches were uncontested, just like most of them. He gets out of cuts faster than anyone ive ever seen. Separation makes him look wide open

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Speaking Monday, coach Bruce Arians confirmed the Cardinals are "leaning" towards starting Logan Thomas against the 49ers.
Damn that's a tough choice but Lindley hasn't been doing much so I would have to say I see where they're coming from.. give the kid a start and see how he does to see if he's the best chance at winning through the playoffs should Stanton still not be good to go.
Johnny Manziel (hamstring) is done for the season, Browns coach Mike Pettine announced Monday.
Well was hoping the kid would be able to do something his rookie year but sadly he was not able to do anything.

NFL suspended Lions C Dominic Raiola one game for stomping on Bears DT Ego Ferguson in Sunday's win over Chicago.
That was seemingly very intentional, one game suspension and one game check lost seems hardly enough.

Jimmy Clausen has been diagnosed with a concussion, and will be sidelined for Sunday's finale against the Vikings.
Damn I saw some flashes of shit that I expected out of Jimmy when he first came into the league, it was pretty obvious he had a concussion or should've at least been pulled off the field during the play but he was like naw fuck this Imma get up and start talking shit to Ziggy (who had a pretty dirty hit on him IMO) calling him a mother fucker clear as day on camera.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Damn that's a tough choice but Lindley hasn't been doing much so I would have to say I see where they're coming from.. give the kid a start and see how he does to see if he's the best chance at winning through the playoffs should Stanton still not be good to go.

Well was hoping the kid would be able to do something his rookie year but sadly he was not able to do anything.

That was seemingly very intentional, one game suspension and one game check lost seems hardly enough.

Damn I saw some flashes of shit that I expected out of Jimmy when he first came into the league, it was pretty obvious he had a concussion or should've at least been pulled off the field during the play but he was like naw fuck this Imma get up and start talking shit to Ziggy (who had a pretty dirty hit on him IMO) calling him a mother fucker clear as day on camera.
Jason Jones just shoved his bitch ass lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131089/jameis-winston

If an evaluation was solely based one talent, The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard believes FSU redshirt sophomore QB Jameis Winston would "be the no-doubt No. 1 pick."
"Especially because, given his sloppy footwork and mechanics, he hasn’t come close to his ceiling yet," Bedard writes, adding it is easier to project Winston to recognize and read coverages in the NFL compared to Marcus Mariota because the FSU quarterback is already being asked to do that in college. "On the field there’s something special there," an AFC general manager told Bedard. "The problem is, can you ever trust him? Are you going to be able to sleep at night?" Few teams want to ask that question of their quarterback, although some quarterbacks with off-field questions have turned into quality investments. It is worth pointing out The AFC GM is not in need of a quarterback. Expect to hear details and conversations from NFL evaluators via media members throughout the process.

--

this is the type of "analysis" that drives me nuts. Oh man, this kid is a slam dunk #1 pick based on talent! But.... he had a hook up go wrong with some crab legs and it was caught on video.. oh, and not to mention he screamed fuck her right in the pussy on campus. Soooooooo we're just not sure he can cut it in the NFL based on that!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If Winston or Mariota is sitting there for the Raiders and we don't put some serious consideration into drafting them I'm going to be irate. Derek Guy Liner Carr is not the answer.

"But he wasn't the problem, Raiders suck! Pretty good for a rookie! Blah blah blah!"

None of that makes him the answer. Lets look at what he can actually do instead of what he hasn't done. He just doesn't look like an NFL QB 9 times out of 10 on the field. And yea, I realize the Raiders have a ton of holes and QB might not be the most glaring by any stretch, but this is a QUARTERBACK LEAGUE. If you have a crack at a potential franchise guy, which Carr is NOT, you do it. Having a real QB makes building your team 100% easier. Carr is not that building block

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131089/jameis-winston

If an evaluation was solely based one talent, The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard believes FSU redshirt sophomore QB Jameis Winston would "be the no-doubt No. 1 pick."
"Especially because, given his sloppy footwork and mechanics, he hasn’t come close to his ceiling yet," Bedard writes, adding it is easier to project Winston to recognize and read coverages in the NFL compared to Marcus Mariota because the FSU quarterback is already being asked to do that in college. "On the field there’s something special there," an AFC general manager told Bedard. "The problem is, can you ever trust him? Are you going to be able to sleep at night?" Few teams want to ask that question of their quarterback, although some quarterbacks with off-field questions have turned into quality investments. It is worth pointing out The AFC GM is not in need of a quarterback. Expect to hear details and conversations from NFL evaluators via media members throughout the process.

--

this is the type of "analysis" that drives me nuts. Oh man, this kid is a slam dunk #1 pick based on talent! But.... he had a hook up go wrong with some crab legs and it was caught on video.. oh, and not to mention he screamed fuck her right in the pussy on campus. Soooooooo we're just not sure he can cut it in the NFL based on that!

Not saying he's not a #1 pick but he had been under investigation for more than just those two incidents; sexual assault investigation, the BB gun on campus incident and the point shaving investigation.. I would still take him as an Eagle though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wouldn't take Winston to be honest, would take any of the other round 1 QBs over him tbh.
Mariota and Winston are the only two projected to go in the 1st round at the moment so yes I too would take the other round 1 QB over Winston but I wouldn't shy away from him especially being a team who could use another athletic QB w/ a high upside, I'm pretty sure Hundley won't make his way up there to the higher rankings but who knows he might.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Mariota and Winston are the only two projected to go in the 1st round at the moment so yes I too would take the other round 1 QB over Winston but I wouldn't shy away from him especially being a team who could use another athletic QB w/ a high upside, I'm pretty sure Hundley won't make his way up there to the higher rankings but who knows he might.
I swear that there were others, huh, my bad. I just wouldn't take Winston over the other "top" options.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I swear that there were others, huh, my bad. I just wouldn't take Winston over the other "top" options.
I guess it would depend on the team's system, with ours in Philly needing a mobile QB to be more effective Mariota and Winston are the only ones who intrigue me as early pick QBs for us.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
DeAndre Levy could German suplex Eddie Lacy to hell and still not make it to the pro bowl.