2014 NBA Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I imagine Durant in '16 will be about like this LeBron sweepstakes with all of the "haves" in the NBA all lining up all of their options trying to create a mega team involving Durant. Who knows how it will work out. I'm sure he will sign with GS to play with Love and Curry.
Fuck, I'm hoping Fisher, harden, and jackson can get him here. I'd take durant over melo any day

wait......

:troll:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
IS that what is going on? Houston is going to get bron and melo. I think there was something to the rumors that they wanted to ball together since they were lil. We will see, but I can def see all of that going down.
sounds crazy but if we land Love and they use us to dump salary I would take our squad over a potential Melo-Howard-LeBron squad

Steph/Lin
Iguodala/Martin
Parsons/Barnes
Love/Draymond Green
Bogut/Ezeli

plus we would have our MLE to sign a nearly 6 million dollar free agent.

So yea, if they want to go that route by all means.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
sounds crazy but if we land Love and they use us to dump salary I would take our squad over a potential Melo-Howard-LeBron squad

Steph/Lin
Iguodala/Martin
Parsons/Barnes
Love/Draymond Green
Bogut/Ezeli

plus we would have our MLE to sign a nearly 6 million dollar free agent.

So yea, if they want to go that route by all means.
Lin turns it over more than steph, but they will score in bunches.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Curry actually turned the ball over more last season than Lin did even during the Linsanity season. Sad but true, I expect the number to go down from 3.8 to closer to 3 or even 2.5 with kerr's offense in place of Jackson's, especially if we have Love to run offense through as well.

I'm not nuts about Lin but he is a great backup PG, and is big enough/a good enough defender he can play with Steph at times. Having Lin/Kevin Martin/Barnes/Draymond off the bench is just whacky depth

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Curry was asked to do way too much for Jackson in his system. Not to mention he was never held accountable so he had no incentive to protect the ball. With Kerr things will be less free flow playground and more structure and set.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Mark Heisler is reporting that the Celtics might be inclined to trade Rajon Rondo to the Kings for the No. 8 pick.
----
Chris Herring is reporting that the Knicks may be trying to move new acquisitions C Samuel Dalembert and G Shane Larkin in a separate deal.

Omar Asik is looking to be on his way to the Pelicans in a cap move so they will get a future first round pick +1.5 million, reports are sticking to their beliefs that Jeremy Lin will be the next to go.

Dwayne Wade is still undecided on what he wants to do; IMO I say he should stay on his current contract at a chance to make $42 mil over the next two years, he's a few years older than Bosh & LBJ even though they went the same year in the draft but D-Wade's play was on a decline especially during the finals when it mattered.. so Idk if he'd be able to test the FA Market and make what he does now..

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
So many rumors flying around.

Three team trade being discussed that would net:

Boston: #1 pick
Cleveland: #6/#8 pick + players
Sacto: Rajon Rondo

deal only makes sense for Boston IMO, but that's the rumor.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I have a friend who knows a guy that has "inside sources" and apparently GS is in for a big day. I know this sounds like my mom's best friends' uncle cousins dog former owner twice removed by marriage type of deal, but my friend has broken news to me before it hit mainstream in the past... namely the Bogut/Monta trade I heard first from him.

I think Love is coming boys. My body is beyond ready. Hope we land Lin and Parsons as well. fucking bring it

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That trade does nothing for the wolves but make them even.worse
Tell that to Flip Saunders, not me.

It is take what they can get for Love or let him walk. This always happens when a superstar gets traded. You don't trade a top 10 player and get better.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
In reality what it gives them is a chance to not be dog shit. They build around the backcourt of Rubio and Klay for a season or two and try to maintain respectability. Lee is a poor man's Love who can still give you 18 and 10. Barnes has unfulfilled potential.

It is the best offer they will get I can promise you that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
They really want out from under the Martin contract btw, so if you are looking at losing him as a negative, Minnesota views it as a bonus. He is due 7 mill per over each of the next 3 seasons, is 31 and plays no D.

Minny will probably get GS's 2015 pick as well.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So many rumors flying around.

Three team trade being discussed that would net:

Boston: #1 pick
Cleveland: #6/#8 pick + players
Sacto: Rajon Rondo

deal only makes sense for Boston IMO, but that's the rumor.

Makes sense for Cleveland too IMO, they want to take Parker with the #1 pick but with the way he tanked their workout I'm not sure that would be a smart decision.

The Cavaliers are reportedly asking for the third, 10th, and 32nd overall picks from the 76ers in exchange for the No. 1 overall selection.

Nuggets trade Evan Fournier and 2nd rd. pick to Orlando for Afflalo.. Other than cap space of about $5-6 million being taken care of with this trade I'm not sure how it benefits the Magic..

Houston Rockets say they already have a deal in place to move Jeremy Lin, however they also mention the deal is for when they know they are going to get one of their top targets.

Channing Frye's name has been linked GS already because his former GM Kerr is now the head choach of the Warriors, it seems his former teamate Iggy has made a recruitment pitch to him, albeit not quite formal.