20 Year Old Man Kills 18 Month Old Child After Performing WWE Moves, WWE Issues a Statement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It isn't Ironic just because things go wrong, doe. Irony pertains to opposite. The opposite of "wrestling move" isn't "freak accident". That's like saying a stunt man that dies while doing dangerous stuff died in Ironic fashion because he never intended to.

Either your definition is really broad, or its just wrong.

On a sidenote: It would be pretty Ironic if seth rollins killed someone by accident using his new finisher, since his old one was banned suposedly because of health issues.

edit: A play on words is also not ironic, it's just a play on words. If anything, it's fitting and makes perfect sense that someone died to a move that's suposedly so deadly it's called "the last ride". No irony involved in the mere fact that it was a accident. Irony is the opposite of a fitting end, Irony is unreasonable and most of the times contradictory

The name of the move (and the fact that it's a move used by a guy named Undertaker, a name that's connected with the idea of death) is a huge part of what makes it ironic. In simpler terms, if you're gonna accidentally kill someone with a wrestling move, then it's ironic that the name of the move would be called something like the 'Last Ride.' As for my definition being 'broad', well, there are different types of irony and given how the word irony has evolved in its usage, there's often a thin line between coincidence and irony as well.

Kinda sad that a passing comment/thought has to be explained and defended to this length, but whatever. As I already pointed out, only a nitpicking bastard would actually try to argue that I was wrong, and while I appreciate Dolph's wanting me to accept a loss just so he won't have to, I won't on account of me being 100% correct.

Reactions: edge4ever

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
The name of the move (and the fact that it's a move used by a guy named Undertaker, a name that's connected with the idea of death) is a huge part of what makes it ironic. In simpler terms, if you're gonna accidentally kill someone with a wrestling move, then it's ironic that the name of the move would be called something like the 'Last Ride.' As for my definition being 'broad', well, there are different types of irony and given how the word irony has evolved in its usage, there's often a thin line between coincidence and irony as well.

Kinda sad that a passing comment/thought has to be explained and defended to this length, but whatever. As I already pointed out, only a nitpicking bastard would actually try to argue that I was wrong, and while I appreciate Dolph's wanting me to accept a loss just so he won't have to, I won't on account of me being 100% correct.
Well, maybe it COULD be ironic in some way if the name of the move wasn't an actual reference to a last ride/death. However, it was indeed a nod to the dangers of the move, so it wasn't really that much of a coincidence, It's not like it was a superkick in a orquestra therefore making a sweet chin music.

Again, there's a stunt called "wheel of death" and it's a stunt with motorcycles. If said biker dies while performing this stunt, it won't be ironic simply because death reference + accidental death = Irony.

Sure, the death of the kid was fitting, bizarre, maybe funny if you're a sick bastard, but it wasn't ironic in any common definition I'm aware of. With that out of the way, I'm going to stop replying on the subject, as you're obviously annoyed about people arguing this.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

This is truly the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. There is one type of irony. And you clearly don't understand the definition of it.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony

Oatmeal explains nicely why me and DZ are right, and also why we are being douches arguing about it.

Edit: Before someone nitpicks the "common" part of the link, notice obscure ironies like cosmic irony don't even fit in the discussion

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I didn't realize it was a hip thing to do nowadays, I just am really bothered by people butchering the use of irony so often so I point it out. Good to know that there are legions of hipsters out there fighting the good fight.

edit: Also Lockard is like the only one who I can get a rise out of when trolling these days

• Haha
Reactions: Green Jesus

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
It's things like this that show why WWE made the switch to PG a few years ago

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's things like this that show why WWE made the switch to PG a few years ago
No it doesn't lol. You could have the most PG wrestling show of all time and if people go home trying to emulate it bad things can still happen. The Rock Bottom/Last Ride are no less PG than any other move.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
No it doesn't lol. You could have the most PG wrestling show of all time and if people go home trying to emulate it bad things can still happen. The Rock Bottom/Last Ride are no less PG than any other move.
LOL I'd much rather have a kid impersonate a Rock Bottom or a Last Ride over a Curb Stomp.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Damn, the shit you guys argue about on here lol. I understood what lock meant. Coincidence is probably a better word in this instance though.

But "isn't it a coincidence, don't you think?" isn't as catchy.

Reactions: Koko B.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Sir we understand that your kid died, but right now finding out what ironic means is more important!

Reactions: seabs

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Oh thought the father was Deathclaw. Whoops