20 Year Old Man Kills 18 Month Old Child After Performing WWE Moves, WWE Issues a Statement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The situation is not ironic. Ironic would be if the move was called "Life giver" and it killed the child. To die in the living room is ironic. Just google a definition : "happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this." Last ride & death go together. Not irony.

Rain on the wedding day (ala Alanis Morissett) is not ironic, just unforutnate. Rain on a day that is called "festival of the sun" - ironic. Although it IS ironic that nothing in that stupid song about irony is ironic.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The situation is not ironic. Ironic would be if the move was called "Life giver" and it killed the child. To die in the living room is ironic. Just google a definition : "happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this." Last ride & death go together. Not irony.

Rain on the wedding day (ala Alanis Morissett) is not ironic, just unforutnate. Rain on a day that is called "festival of the sun" - ironic. Although it IS ironic that nothing in that stupid song about irony is ironic.

"Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this"

Kind of my whole point. It's a wrestling move that isn't actually intended to be your literal last ride/death (and as incredibly stupid as it was for this guy to use it on a child that young and small, he didn't actually do it with any intent to harm although he may as well have), but it ended up being just that anyway. Likewise, if the Undertaker had accidentally killed someone in the ring with the Tombstone Piledriver or Last Ride in the ring, that would be pretty ironic.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Someone gets it. Hooray!

that fucking Morissett song lol. I always wondered if she is just Blue or if she was on some next level shit making fun of people who don't know what irony is.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
"Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this"

Kind of my whole point. It's a wrestling move that isn't actually intended to be your literal last ride/death (and as incredibly stupid as it was for this guy to use it on a child that young and small, he didn't actually do it with any intent to harm although he may as well have), but it ended up being just that anyway. Likewise, if the Undertaker had accidentally killed someone in the ring with the Tombstone Piledriver or Last Ride in the ring, that would be pretty ironic.
Nope. You said it was ironic based on the name of the move, which it wasn't at all.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Nitpick all you want, anyone with half a brain understand completely what I meant.
Right, because most half-brained people such as yourself have no idea what irony actually is and I love pointing it out. I completely understood you didn't know what irony meant, so I wanted to mock you.

Mock session successful.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Right, because most half-brained people such as yourself have no idea what irony actually is and I love pointing it out. I completely understood you didn't know what irony meant, so I wanted to mock you.

Mock session successful.

I explained perfectly what irony is a couple of posts ago just in case people like yourself didn't grasp what I meant the first time around. Go back and read it again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I explained perfectly what irony is a couple of posts ago just in case people like yourself didn't grasp what I meant the first time around. Go back and read it again.
lol take the L man. You thought it was ironic because it was the kid's last ride and the move is called last ride. It wasn't ironic and you are looking dumber and dumber.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol take the L man. You thought it was ironic because it was the kid's last ride and the move is called last ride. It wasn't ironic and you are looking dumber and dumber.

Considering the name 'Last Ride' isn't meant to literally be a person's "last ride" (i.e. it's a figurative meaning since wrestling moves aren't designed to kill another person) and yet ended up being so anyway, that's where the irony comes in. The only way it would *not* be ironic is if you hit someone with a move of this name that you actually intended to kill them with.

The only one looking "dumber and dumber" is you refusing to now admit that your original criticism was never valid in the first place. Carry on though, champ... :pity2:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Considering the name 'Last Ride' isn't meant to literally be a person's "last ride" (i.e. it's a figurative meaning since wrestling moves aren't designed to kill another person) and yet ended up being so anyway, that's where the irony comes in. The only way it would *not* be ironic is if you hit someone with a move of this name that you actually intended to kill them with.

The only one looking "dumber and dumber" is you refusing to now admit that your original criticism was never valid in the first place. Carry on though, champ... :pity2:
I'm with lockard on this one. And not because I hate Dolph, which I sort of do, but because he's right.

It is ironic, based on definition, that the kid happened to be killed by a move called the "last ride." Because it really was the kids "last ride" so to speak. Makes it ironic.

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-irony.html

I dont get how this doesn't make sense to someone lol.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
It isn't Ironic just because things go wrong, doe. Irony pertains to opposite. The opposite of "wrestling move" isn't "freak accident". That's like saying a stunt man that dies while doing dangerous stuff died in Ironic fashion because he never intended to.

Either your definition is really broad, or its just wrong.

On a sidenote: It would be pretty Ironic if seth rollins killed someone by accident using his new finisher, since his old one was banned suposedly because of health issues.

edit: A play on words is also not ironic, it's just a play on words. If anything, it's fitting and makes perfect sense that someone died to a move that's suposedly so deadly it's called "the last ride". No irony involved in the mere fact that it was a accident. Irony is the opposite of a fitting end, Irony is unreasonable and most of the times contradictory

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Everyone understood what lock meant, and DZ was kind of a douche about it, but he still wasn't wrong.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It isn't Ironic just because things go wrong, doe. Irony pertains to opposite. The opposite of "wrestling move" isn't "freak accident". That's like saying a stunt man that dies while doing dangerous stuff died in Ironic fashion because he never intended to.

Either your definition is really broad, or its just wrong.

On a sidenote: It would be pretty Ironic if seth rollins killed someone by accident using his new finisher, since his old one was banned suposedly because of health issues.

edit: A play on words is also not ironic, it's just a play on words. If anything, it's fitting and makes perfect sense that someone died to a move that's suposedly so deadly it's called "the last ride". No irony involved in the mere fact that it was a accident. Irony is the opposite of a fitting end, Irony is unreasonable and most of the times contradictory
Seriously, for fucks sake Lockard, take the goddamn L.

An accident in wrestling is not irony.