03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

I actually thought Edge/Jericho could have been better, I still liked it but yeah it wasn't as good as it could have been imo. The crowd were extremely gay all PPV btw.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

They weren't great, but the fact that they still reacted to Orton shows how awesome he is.

Great One

Im reading some of the earlier comments and I disagree with some of the notions of this years MITB was better than last years. I thought last years MITB was one of the best ones with good spots, the steam just went away a bit because we all kind of knew Punk would win.

Also, last years Mania was decent, this years was decent, neither was bad, but neither was great. WrestleMania 24 was horrible so I'm glad it was better than that which was the last WWE PPV I bought.

I didn't enjoy Edge/Jericho that much. It was pretty good, but the fact that the crowd were absolutely dead for the majority of the match left me not caring a whole lot.
I 'marked' like a bitch when Jericho won. Finally a heel won that night and damn, Jericho really deserved to walk out of Mania as the champ. Also, I was freaking out at the end after the spear at the thought of Swagger cashing in. It was so evident and perfect, just imagine Christian running down, walking right by Edge and cashing it on Jericho all thanks to Edge. Woulda been epic. =(

And yeah, Trips and Orton got the only reaction tonight. Aside from the main event, where the crowd was amped for Cena, like always, and HBK/Taker. Oh, wait I forgot CHRIS JERICHO got more chants than Edge.

CenaMark54

Tag Match: 5/10
Triple Threat: 8/10: AWESOME storytelling, it doesn't get much better unless you are HBK/Taker
MITB: 6/10: Average at best. Too many bothces, not enough Shelton
HHH/Sheamus: 6/10: decent match, a little slow at times, but saved by Sheamus's performance.
Punk/Mysterio: 7/10: Good match, probably too short, and the ending was just wrong
Hart/Vince: 0/10: I actually wanted Vince to kick the shit out of all the Harts after about 3 minutes of this bullshit. In the end, Vince screwed Bret because Bret will be remembered for this piece of shit now. The best there ever was? HA. He can;t even make people care about him.
Edge/Jericho: 8/10. A perfectly booked match. Started off slow but ended with a bang.
10 Diva thing: 4/10
Batista/Cena: 9/10. Great match. More great psychology focusing on Cena's neck
Taker/HBK: 10/10. It was much better than last year imo. The storytelling was brilliant. They had to be much different than last year and they pulled it off perfectly.

LKP

A very good show imo. Only thing i did not like was the match ending with Punk and rey. Punk cannot lose that easily. His promo walking down the ramp was awesome i love it when he does that.
Divas match was a waste of time like the tag match.
I liked miz's desire walking down the ramp though and his new jacket.
Rest of the show was good.Mitb was ok a few weird spots in it, glad swagger won, Where was Shelton during that damn match? Kofi using the ladder as stilts was cool.
Hbj vs taker was very good as i expected.
Orton match was very good, much better than i expected. And the pose at the end with that round thing in the ring with rko on it was awesome.
Cena vs Batista was ok but i knew all along cena would win so i let that get in my way of my judgement on the match.
Edge vs Jericho was good and a good ending. I was expecting swagger to come out when edge speared jericho through the barricade.
HHH vs sheamus was good also, sheamus did a good job in the match, i can see this match at extreme rules.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Hahahahaha a middle to all of you who called me stupid for thinking Swagger could win

John

Right...

• The opening contest between MizShow Vs. MorriTruth was an ok starter, but it needed to be longer. Perhaps if WWE Had given them a few more minutes, I'd be much more impressed.
  • Next came the Legacy Triple Threat. All 3 of the competitors delivered some good moves in this just better than average match.
  • MITB.. Wow, What a clusterfuck. Half the ladder moves looked horrible because the ladders weren't joined properly together, On the other hand they were some good spots like Christian falling off the ladder / Matt Hardy falling onto ladder.
  • Sheamus/HHH. Well, Excuse me for thinking this, But this wasn't built good at all. This easily could have been a main event match with a major prize that the winner faces the champ at Extreme Rules. Both men put on a good performance.
  • Bret Hart/McMahon next and wow, I wasn't expecting this match to be this bad. The involvement of the hart family made me loose all interest. Boring.
  • CM Punk / Mysterio. Pretty obvious here what was going to happen and the closing moments were enjoyable.
  • Jericho / Edge. I was really disappointed with the outcome. I wanted Edge to win but they put on a great show.
  • Divas: 7 out of the 10 had lovely asses.. Enough Said.
  • Batista and Cena put on a good match, But the outcome continues to irritate me.
  • Taker and HBK's Match was perfect. I honestly don't think they topped last years match, But it was 3:45am and i was falling asleep so i will fully review the match later but from what I saw, It was very good. The ending where Shawn just walked off surprised me as Wrestlemania usually has a nice feeling at the end. This year was different.

This wasn't the best Wrestlemania, But it wasn't the worst.

LadyHotrod

I wish they would get rid of the 619. It's so stupid. The guy just happens to fall between the ropes in the perfect position? Ugh.

I know wrestling is fake but this move sucks.

straight_edge76

I remember when Rey used to use the 619 as more of a taunt back in wCw. It was annoying back then.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I wish they would get rid of the 619. It's so stupid. The guy just happens to fall between the ropes in the perfect position? Ugh.

I know wrestling is fake but this move sucks.

Yeah it does Its shit and very weak i hate it TBH.

I have just watched Mania again and damn that crowd really was shit. I thought it was last night. But when i watched it back they were really dead bar Orton,HHH and HBK/Taker. They might aswell have been at a house show.