03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

^ yeah I know what you mean but I think that's the all day ticket. Cause I the event ended just after an hour later I check the channel again and the ppv poped up. Well for direct tv it did.

Actually, now that you mention DirectTV, when I was streaming, the message did come up for a free replay afterwards. I forgot about that :/

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Im reading some of the earlier comments and I disagree with some of the notions of this years MITB was better than last years. I thought last years MITB was one of the best ones with good spots, the steam just went away a bit because we all kind of knew Punk would win.

Also, last years Mania was decent, this years was decent, neither was bad, but neither was great. WrestleMania 24 was horrible so I'm glad it was better than that which was the last WWE PPV I bought.

Reaction score
Probably won't get to see the other matches till tomorrow when homie hooks me up, but I am catching Cena-Tista and Taker-HBK. Cena-Tista was very fucking solid. A 4 star match for sure, better than Randy-Trips from last year and might have stood a chance following Taker-HBK. So much for it being "awful". Like I said many times before, Cena is the best big match worker in North America behind HBK.

And I so called Taker-HBK headlining, can't wait, as I am certain they're going to tear the house down and put on the front runner for MOTY. Be back with my thoughts...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Im reading some of the earlier comments and I disagree with some of the notions of this years MITB was better than last years. I thought last years MITB was one of the best ones with good spots, the steam just went away a bit because we all kind of knew Punk would win.

Also, last years Mania was decent, this years was decent, neither was bad, but neither was great. WrestleMania 24 was horrible so I'm glad it was better than that which was the last WWE PPV I bought.

All four of WrestleMania 24's main events delivered. I can't remember anything being horrible about it.

Enzo, I agree Cena/Batista was very, very good. Fuck whoever says Cena can't work. Guy always steps up.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Cena still could so with wrenching in that STF a little more to make it look like it hurts. He could also do a bit more long term selling too.

He's at least improved the STF. I remember when he first started using it it looked absolutely horrible. Could still take a little work though, yeah. I'm surprised no one backstage seems to point it out.

His selling has always been a weakness. He has Snitsky syndrome in that he either doesn't really sell at all, or he deadsells with no real in between. Shawn Michaels also suffers from selling problems too, and he still manages to put on some good matches. Still, improvement would obviously benefit him.

Great One

we all kind of knew Punk would win.
We did? Ok. I can't recall anyone knowing or possibly predicting that Punk would win a SECOND time in a row when you had guys like MVP and Christian who were built up phenomenally to get it, but whatever.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
^^ A report came out saying Punk was going to win, I remember reading it by accident ( I don't read spoilers).

And WM 24 really had no match that stole the show. I'm sorry but the Flair vs Michaels match was bad. It was very emotional and very real in that aspect but if you look at just quality of the match, it was not that good. HBK carried Flair the entire match and their timing was very off.

It was sad with Flair at the end, but ruined just a week later when he was still on TV.

A report came out before tonight's show that Drew was going to win. That didn't make it correct, nor did anyone outside of the gullible believe it as gospel. If you believed the story before WrestleMania 24, then you're just gullible.

Flair vs. Michaels, Cena vs. Orton vs. Triple H, Edge vs. 'Taker and Big Show vs. Mayweather were all pretty great.

Reaction score
Enzo, I agree Cena/Batista was very, very good. Fuck whoever says Cena can't work. Guy always steps up.

Infuckingdeed my friend. All the haters, naysayers and stupid Indy fan boys who blindly hate on Cena don't know their heads from their asses or are too stupid and/or blind to form their own opinion. There's a reason he's at the top of the heap and Johnny Spotmonkey Noonegivesafuck is flipping around in highschool gyms in front of a few hundred at best. Cena can work. Plain and simple.

I'm sorry but the Flair vs Michaels match was bad. It was very emotional and very real in that aspect but if you look at just quality of the match, it was not that good. HBK carried Flair the entire match and their timing was very off.

No offense, but it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. The timing made that match. The emotion sealed the deal. Very good match, better than say...AJ and Abyss from last weeks TNA ppv. Not taking a shot at TNA, just making a comparison. And if AJ had the timing that HBK had, he'd be a legit ace, instead of an almost there kind of guy who has great matches only with great workers.

Now...HBK/Taker...FUCK. AWESOME. MOTY...again. This, THIS is what being a fan of wrestling is all about. Like I stated before, they needed to go on last because no one would be able to follow them, and with what I saw, that belief is completely affirmed. It absolutely topped last years and that final closing sequence is the shit legends are made of, absolutely epic. And god damned that was the sickest tombstone I've ever seen. I am somewhat saddened that this could very well be HBK's last match being the complete HBK mark I am, but if this is the way he goes out, I am completely satisfied. He tore the house down and stole the show on his way out the door and had an emotional last dance with the crowd. Absolutely loved it and it is hands down my top Mania moment ever and second most emotional thing I've witnessed behind the Flair-HBK ending. All I can say is god damn.

Kizza

So the Cena/Batista match was good? Better than their Summerslam match? Cos I just couldn't get into that whatsoever.

I'd definitely say watch it. It's probably about **** for mine.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I thought it was good ppv nearly all the matches were good.

Tag match was good but way to short. Miz looked fucking awesome when he came out.

Triple threat i liked this match it was better than i thought it would be, Cody wore some dodgey ring gear though. Highlight for me was Orton doing his pose on the turnbuckle :)

MITB was good totally shocked to see Swagger win, Really sucks for christian.

HHH/Sheamus was really good IMO solid match.

Divas missed most of it good that Vickie did the Eddie jiggle thing.

Cena/Tista another good match Cena is a great worker like others have said really needs to go to selling class though. Tista looked good i really enjoyed this match. I did like when Cena went to the crowd and stood in front of the Cena haters with the title priceless :)

Vince/Bret horrible horribe match on so many levels, TBH i spent the entire match squirming. I felt sorry for bret because he really couldnt do that much, And i felt sorry for Vince just laying down and taking beating for the entire match espesially with the chair shots. I know everyone wanted to see Bret back in the ring but that match really didnt do him any justice. He would have been better not having a match with Vince but doing somthing through the Hart dynasty IMO.

HBK/Taker well IMO this match for me was better than last years. They both delivered and it was a great match with great ending.

Although i thought HBK was going to lose there was this tiny bit of me through out that match that was thinking he is gonna win. So even though i thought he was going to lose, When he i was like Noooooooo it's shit he gone if infact he really has retired, But even if he hasn't he will be on a very long break. So im kinda gutted because he can still enetertain put on some great matches. So im gonna miss him on Raw.

But overall i thought this years WM pretty much rocked, Well it did for me anyway :)

Qwake

Not a bad Mania, little disappointed at some of the results and matches but it was still worth watching and much better then last years shit show.

Tag Match sucked, it was so short and I remember very little from it, don't see why it was even on the show with the amount of time it got.

Triple Threat was good, Orton got a huge pop, one of the best of the night and the end to the match was awesome. Cody Rhodes looked horrible in that match btw, he came out to his old lame theme too which made me lol. I thought Ted would win but I guess not.

MITB match was very disappointing, there were some good spots but alot of the guys in the match did nothing, I hardly remember seeing MVP, Benjamin and Drew while others did very little, shocked that Swagger won, I guess he's a good choice, although I wanted DOLPH to win. You could tell they just threw guys in the match to get them on the show when they really had nothing for them, hopefully it goes back to 6 - 8 next year, 10 is just too much.

HHH/Sheamus wasn't bad, I actually enjoyed it besides HHH winning, was HHH winning really needed? He gains nothing from it whereas Sheamis winning would have really fully established himself as a dominant heel on RAW. Oh well, atleast the match was competitve.

Mysterio/Punk was another pretty good match, some good action going on and Punks before match promo was awesome, the match could have went a little longer though imo, Punk losing sucks too, hopefully they continue their feud. Mysterio must be on a huge Wrestlemania winning streak, I can't remember the last time he lost at Mania.

Bret Vs Vince was alright at the beginning, it dragged on after awhile though, sucked how Bret couldn't hit him in the head either due to the new "no headshots" rule.

Edge/Jericho was good, probably my personal MOTN as I expected, I thought Jericho would win and I'm happy he won, we're in for some good Smackdown's to come imo. lol'd at Edge not even hitting a spear during the match.

Women's Match was horrid, especially Vickie, good toilet break though.

Big Dave and Cena had another alright match, I thought Cena was fucked after that crazy DDT from Batista, landed right on his head :laugh: Batista has yet another short title reign :n:

Thank God Taker beat HBK, not a bad match, it'll probably be overated much like last years match between the two, good way to finish the show I guess though.

I didn't enjoy Edge/Jericho that much. It was pretty good, but the fact that the crowd were absolutely dead for the majority of the match left me not caring a whole lot.