• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

Wordlife

Yeah I know that, but take last year's Wrestlemania. Going in we had our guesses, and though they already know the outcomes, we were surprised by the ones we were given.

This year, it was just too predictable and by fixed I meant it seemed as if they wanted to let the fan boys win it all once again and kept it that way for the fans (no real surprises, except MITB)... It was one stale of a Wrestlemania and a huge let down.

Wordlife

Exactly my point. We will never go back and witness WM21 again, or WMXIX again, because quite frankly, they were highly unpredictable and perfectly played out.

The past 5 Wrestlemania's seemed to have lost it's momentum. Its for the kids... PG rules all. They all want Cena to be champ, they don't want the "bad guys" to win. Its ridiculous...

monkeystyle

This was an okay show. It wasn't bad, most of the matches were actually decent to good but I found that the crowd was really not into the show much at all this year. Too bad too because a hot crowd can really make a show.

PeepShow

The past 5 Wrestlemania's seemed to have lost it's momentum. Its for the kids... PG rules all. They all want Cena to be champ, they don't want the "bad guys" to win. Its ridiculous...

iirc WM 24 was one of the best of all time.

Wordlife

Take WM22 for example.... I attended it here live. Cena/HHH wasn't all that great of a match, but, the fans made it the match it was, with the whole audience switch on Cena, rooting for HHH in the end.

It's the crowd's perception on the matches that draws the big finishes imo. The crowd seemed quite dead up until Undertaker/HBK, and though it seemed as if they were mostly drawn towards HBK, they knew deep down he wasn't going to win.

Great One

Agreed at the crowd being pretty shitty for the number of them. Only reacted to HHH/Sheamus and Orton/Legacy (in HHH and Orton). I predicted they were just waiting for the main events, but yeah, still gay.

Axis

Exactly my point. We will never go back and witness WM21 again, or WMXIX again, because quite frankly, they were highly unpredictable and perfectly played out.

You just said that WM25 was highly unpredictable. But WM25 sucked. So I don't see any sort of correlation between quality and unpredictability.

PeepShow

The end of the triple threat got the second loudest pop of the night behind the end of the main event, so idk what you were hearing.

Wordlife

We all thought HBK would beat Undertaker, well not WE all, but quite a lot of people thought he would end the streak but didn't.

We all though Orton would be HHH, but he didn't.

The Rated R CMStar

Wait, WM25 was unpredictable? I don't see how, except maybe the main event.

But then again, that goes for WM21 and WM19, which Worldlife now claim were incredibly unpredictable. I don't know, but every match had a likely winner, just like this year. I fail to see the big difference in the predictability department

Wordlife

Maybe because we were younger back then and didn't think much about spoilers, or predictability or whatnot.... idk.

The Rated R CMStar

Maybe it's that, or maybe it's the fact that this year wasnt predictable. The only two obvious were Cena and Hart, but the rest of the card, whoever says they knew without a shadow of a doubt Rey Mysterio, Jericho, HHH and Swagger were winning are lying imo

xtremebadass

I saw the entire show at my cousin's house and it was actually just as good as I expected. I wasn't really expecting a jaw dropping show but this delivered.

The Unified Tag Team Title match was a little short, it was a mediocre opener I guess.

Orton and Legacy's match surprised me at how good it was. I am not a fan of triple threats, but maybe since it wasn't for a belt and it was following such a mediocre opener I thought it was great, I can't explain it, but I really loved this match. Orton got massive pops from the crowd and all 3 superstars put on a great match.

Money in the Bank was just as I expected. I wasn't expecting the greatest MITB, but I knew it would be better than last year's. I would rank this right up there with MITB at WMXXIV. Didn't have that many high flying spots, but had some good moments. I really was surprised that Swagger won, did not see that coming at all.

HHH vs. Sheamus was a solid match, better than I expected. I enjoyed the video package before it.

Punk vs. Rey was a fucking awesome match. That is all I have to say actually. It was a decent length and delivered.

Bret vs. Vince...this is the WTF point of the event. I had no clue what was going on. Was the Hart family swerve necessary? I thought Bret playing the broken leg trick on Vince was swerve enough for this feud. Atleast Hart Dynasty got time to shine with Bret for once.

Edge vs. Jericho was a better match than I expected. I was really hoping Jericho would win, I knew Edge would probably do it, but then Jericho pinned him. It was a real awkward ending in the final seconds of the match, but great to see Jericho's reign will continue. If he dropped it that would be a major robbery towards Jericho.

Diva's match...atleast Vickie acknowledged Eddie, great to see that, even if it might have drawn a couple positive crowd reactions towards Vickie.

Cena vs. Batista, was shocked it didn't main event. The match met my expectations, we all knew it wouldn't be match of the night. It was unique in it's own special ways. I was actually thinking Batista might have won since it wasn't the main event.

HBK vs. Taker...I didn't think it would be that great. I thought it would be hard to follow up their match last year but they delivered. Loved the slap in the face at the end. The moonsaults by HBK was insane. I doubt HBK's career is over though. When Ric Flair went away they used the term "retire" and that word was never mentioned with HBK. I almost see this like Foley's HIAC with HHH or Taker after that 2008 match with Edge where his "career was over." I could be wrong on so many levels, but I doubt HBK is done.