03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He is stagnating for now I won't disagree with that but I still consider him to be a pretty damned good wrestler and the kind of guy who can be inserted into a mid-high profile level feud at anytime and still be taken credibly by the fans.

Hometown Kid

He is stagnating for now I won't disagree with that but I still consider him to be a pretty damned good wrestler and the kind of guy who can be inserted into a mid-high profile level feud at anytime and still be taken credibly by the fans.

No. Matt is boring and can't wrestle, Randy Orton's a great wrestler and Christian's the most over mid-carder. These are the facts of life.

>_______>

seX-Power

Randy Orton is a pretty great wrestler.

Nah.

And the fact Matt Hardy remains more over than pretty much anyone else in his position despite not being relevant for almost a year now is pretty impressive tbh. It's the last face turn he had that ruined his chances of being interesting again. And his physique hasn't been the same since the abdominal injury he fought through a while ago.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Nah.

And the fact Matt Hardy remains more over than pretty much anyone else in his position despite not being relevant for almost a year now is pretty impressive tbh. It's the last face turn he had that ruined his chances of being interesting again. And his physique hasn't been the same since the abdominal injury he fought through a while ago.

Yeah.

I'm not disputing Hardy's ability to stay over, or even wrestle a good match. He's just so bland and one-dimensional as a face.

seX-Power

Yeah.

I'm not disputing Hardy's ability to stay over, or even wrestle a good match. He's just so bland and one-dimensional as a face.

Nah.

And Hardy as a face was great imo when he was really the 'Man Who Will Not Die' back in his feud with Edge when he was returning to the WWE. I almost cried when Edge beat him at the Raw Homecoming show to make him leave Raw, but that's another story. >_> He was pretty good as ECW Champion as well, but that could be more attributed to his in ring work I guess.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Yeah.

Yeah, Hardy had an edge to his personality in the feud with Edge, and even when he first arrived on SmackDown! and had a good feud with JBL, even if it resulted in him losing decisively, which was pretty unfortunate. Since then the character has been lacking tho. I agree his title reign was pretty good. Had some pretty good opponents to work with, and he made the most of it in terms of in-ring stuff.

xtremebadass

Mattitude>>>>>All Hardy Gimmicks

I just watched some of WMXIX and it reminded me how much I loved V1. He was in such great shape back then and was really a standout performer on SD. I compared what I saw to today's Matt Hardy and it made my stomach turn.

He can barely do a second rope elbow drop landing on both feet. I remember when that elbow drop used to be a top rope leg drop.

Great One

Dunno what all the hate for Matt Hardy is. Him and MVP had a hot feud a couple of years ago. One of the best in recent memory.
Yep, was gonna bring this up. 2007, amazing feud. Not to mention 2006, with Edge. You can't say he didn't exhibit emotion or personality in that feud, it was pure gold. Much more personality than Randy has ever shown.