03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the408kid

Reaction score
Normally I'd make the comment of both teams being wasted in the WWE, but they aren't exactly doing anything in TNA either....
Yeah thats true! And speaking of the Young Bucks, their name in TNA Generation Me is one of the worst names I've ever heard in wrestling.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Honestly during the Tag Team contender's match I saw JoMo/Truth winning the whole time. Even though in my gut I sort of wanted the Dynasty to win. Anybody besides me get kind of a gay vibe coming from JoMo/Truth?

Just the name JoMo seems like it should be covered in fairy dust, bro.

Definitely. They had that fruit booty mini dance off after their match last night. I t was pretty creepy.

I can't believe out of the 3 tag teams in that match they choose the "odd pairing" to get the shot. WWE is not a fan of actual tag teams anymore. Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty are actually a tag team, not two successful singles stars paired together. Look at the last couple tag champs...Edge/Jericho, Big Show/Jericho, HHH/HBK, Big Show/Miz...where are the actual tag teams? Even Miz/Morrison was a pairing, they sort of made the transition to respectable tag team.

I still can't believe they are shitting all over the Harts still. Cryme Tyme I understand because they never really did anything with them to begin with, but now with Bret back wouldn't you think the Harts could catch a break?

Why is Big Show a consistent factor in the tag team title holders? That alone baffles me more than the Morrison/Truth pairing.

What were they meant to do? Lose MITB? The WM card is already too stacked to allow a good midcard feud in there.

^ 100% this. I think WWE recognizes they screwed us last year in what should have been an epic Mania and are trying to make it up by throwing everything but the kitchen sink at us this time. Let's hope it isn't a bad case of quantity > quality.

I would be better satisfied with Truth/Drew for the IC title and Morrison to be in the MITB over Kane

I'd be pleased with Drew against anybody really. They haven't had an IC title match at Mania in over 5 years and expect the title to have any credibility. Why the fuck is it not defended at Mania anyway?

I really hate how they see to be trying to make something out of Morrison and Truth. I just don't like the pair up of them at all. I understand the 'music' connection but they just don't fit together, otherwise, imo.

Morrison needs something, he is drowning here. This may be the boost to pull him out of his funk. Truth, I could give two shits about.

Mister J

Reaction score
John Morrison and R Truth are really good friends. It makes sense that they are teaming with each other. I hope they beat The Miz and Big Show at Wrestlemania.

Mister J

Reaction score
The only impressive thing about Drew McIntyre is his hair.

Mister J

Reaction score
Tiffany is another talentless skank. I don't see anything impressive about that.

Robert

Reaction score
Raw was alright. Taker and HBK have so much intensity building up. I noticed Taker looked nervous or possibly sad the whole time in the ring. Maybe he knows this is It. My Streak is coming down to an end. I really believe WWE is gonna go with Shawn on this one. He cant lose to taker twice in a row both WMs. That would look really bad on HBK.
History will be made during their WM rematch. I can almost feel it.

Battle of the Canadians….. Jericho vs Edge should be awesome too. Think edge will win.
A lot of amazing counters is what I think of when I think about this match.

Vince vs Bret will be interesting. I see mainly a lot of punches and tosses happening in this match. I just hope Bret can hold his own.

Triple H vs The Walking Carrot.,,, This match should be alright. I would say it would be really good if they use weapons. Hunter’s specialty. lol

The other matches should be pretty good too.

The Showstopper is gonna Sweet Chin Music his way to victory!!!!!!!! :dancebart:

Mister J

Reaction score
I'd rather see Undertaker keep his streak and face John Cena next year at Wrestlemania.

the408kid

Reaction score
I'd rather see Undertaker keep his streak and face John Cena next year at Wrestlemania.
Oh no not Cena vs. Undertaker that doesn't do it for me. I wouldn't put it passed wwe though who else really can he face next year other then Sheamus?

Mister J

Reaction score
They should've done Cena vs Undertaker this year. That's a big money match.

LadyHotrod

Tiffany is another talentless skank. I don't see anything impressive about that.

Agreed. When she talks, she doesn't make it believable at all. It's as if she is reading a teleprompter.

Battle of the Canadians….. Jericho vs Edge should be awesome too. Think edge will win.
A lot of amazing counters is what I think of when I think about this match.

Well, Jericho is originally from NY so he's sort of a pretend Canadian (I know he grew up here but, yeah, he's still American by birth).

Oh no not Cena vs. Undertaker that doesn't do it for me. I wouldn't put it passed wwe though who else really can he face next year other then Sheamus?

I wouldn't doubt it. It would be either Cena, Sheamus, HHH, Orton, Batista.....one of those guys, I would think.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Wrestlemania 26 is looking awesome so far. The card is almost perfect, and I feel that WWE is doing a very good job building it up.

Cena vs Batista: A very solid main event for the title. I don't expect a wrestling classic but it will get the job done for sure. Id like to see Batista get a clean win but that's very doubtful.

Edge vs Jericho: Another very good title match, this one should be a classic. The things that these two are capable of doing in the ring against one another is enough alone to be excited for this match. The "Spear" storyline is kinda whack though. They could of thought of a much better way to build this one. I'm expecting Edge to win it tho..even though id love for Jericho to steal one or for the MITB winner to run in at the end.

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon: This one needed to happen. The story explains itself.

Triple H vs Sheamus: This match will be a very big step for Sheamus. I'm glad that the WWE is trying to build new stars and I hope Sheamus dosent go to waste because he really is a great talent. This match should exceed a lot of expectations and I'm putting my money on Sheamus to get the upset win to help his career in the long run.

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels 2: Wow..not only are we getting a classic rematch but the Career vs Streak stipulation along with the no dq/countout (insuring a winner) makes this one of the biggest matches in wrestling history. This one will out do their match last year and will go down as one of the best matches ever. Taker will pick up the win and the streak will never end.

MITB: This is the first money in the bank match where I have no idea who's going to win. Anyone of them would make a new,fresh, and exciting world champ and I'm obviously hoping Fatt Hardy (anyone else notice the weight gain) wins it but the breifcase will most likley go to Christian or *spoiler*. Its gonna be a great match regardless of who wins.

R-Truth and John Morrison vs ShowMiz: I loved that they booked this one for Wrestlemania. Truth and Morrison deserve to be showcased because they really are two of the most entertaining guys in the wwe today. The Miz is also a future world champ and I think this match was a very good way to showcase all of these guys without having them do a bunch of crazy spots in the crammed MITB match. ShowMiz will win. Probably by cheating.

I'm predicting Rey vs Punk will eventually get added which would also be a solid match. Those two could tear the house down. I'm guessing it'll be Orton and a mystery partner vs Legacy as well but I have no idea where they are going with that one. I haven't been able to figure it out. Overall this will be the best Wrestlemanias in a veryyyy long time. And id put money on that.

shane

Reaction score
I actually don't. Personally I wish he doesn't precede any location beside HBK/Undertaker. That agrees, when one on one, has the promise to be MoTY AGAIN! With the supplemented step of Career VS Streak I don't understand what's going to happen