Zayn and Owens

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
To me I dislike Sami Zayn the most because he's like a real life Looney Tune.

Kevin has talent but his physical presence is like a Backyard Wrestlers presence.

Together they're like Ren and Stimpy.

Thing is an average person Idea of a Wrestler Is an athletic imposing figure with physical combat talent.

Not a person with physical combat talent but looks like a average citizen walking out of a gas station.

Size and Looks isn't everything but it is one of the KEY things in Wrestling.

Without it we probably wouldn't have our Legendary Greats... Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker, Sting, Goldberg, etc.

But that's just my opinion

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I really am an idiot.

Where did I say he didn't do anything bad? You made the statement that pretty much everything he's done has been bad. Which is a flat-out lie.

I agree with the first part. You are an idiot.

Since I know you have the reading comprehension skills of a kid who flunked out of preschool, let me explain. I will try VERY hard to not use any big words because I don't want to confuse you.

First, dumbass, I never once said everything Hogan has done was bad. I said PRACTICALLY everything he has done in the past 30 years was. That is what we call an "approximation." Again, I know that word has more than four letters, so if you need me to define it to you, let me know.

I have ALWAYS given Hogan his due for his early AWA and WWF work. However, he came back to WWF and basically screwed Bret Hart, who was supposed to retain at Wrestlemania 9. He threatened to no show the event if Vince didn't give him the world title. So that's why WWF came up with that half assed story line where he challenges Yokozuna and wins the belt. Then, he doesn't defend it for over 70 days and refuses to drop the belt to Bret Hart... insisting he drop it to Yokozuna but ONLY if Yoko cheated.

So, he goes to WCW, which is largely due to his friendship with Ric Flair. They concoct a story line where Hogan wins the belt at Bash at the Beach, Flair wins it back at Clash ofthe Champions and then Hogan regains it at Halloween Havoc. So after Hogan wins the belt, he invokes his creative control to keep Flair from getting the belt. Hogan actually submitted to Flair's figure four but then changed his mind. He then suggests the Halloween Havoc match should be a retirement match because he fucked up the original plan.

And of course, Hogan didn't help WCW at all at this point. There was no significant increase in ratings. And when the fans would boo Hogan, Bischoff would pipe in applause for him. Many Jim Crockett die hards and Flair die hards quit watching the show because of the constant disrespect of Flair. WCVW's ratings dropped and they did not get better until the NWO angle. People like to claim that it was Hogan's idea to make him turn heel, but that's a lie. I have ALL of the insider newsletters from the time and it was pretty much Bischoff giving Hogan an ultimatum to turn heel or stay off TV.

So Hogan turns heel and keeps bringing in his friends, all with multi million dollar guaranteed contracts. He continues to exert his creative control and drove WCW into the sewer.

So then, Hogan makes the outrageous claim to the idiotic Dixie Carter that he taught Vince McMahon to lift weights and how to run his company. Vince was a workout fanatic long before anyone even knew who Hogan was. And Vince learned to run his business from his father. So Dumbass Hogan uses his lies to get into TNA and to get creative control. TNA had been growing for years as a wrestling alternative to the Sports Entertainment theme of WWE. However, Hogan tried to copy the WWE format, which didn't help TNA. In fact, Hogan and Bischoff's attempts to recreate the Monday Night War devastated TNA's ratings and they never recovered.

But of course, you think KO and Zayn have done so much damage to the industry. If you honestly are so fucking stupid that you think they were more detrimental to the business than Hogan was for the past 30 years, you need to go back to pre school.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

Since I know you have the reading comprehension skills of a kid who flunked out of preschool, let me explain. I will try VERY hard to not use any big words because I don't want to confuse you.

First, dumbass, I never once said everything Hogan has done was bad. I said PRACTICALLY everything he has done in the past 30 years was. That is what we call an "approximation." Again, I know that word has more than four letters, so if you need me to define it to you, let me know.

I have ALWAYS given Hogan his due for his early AWA and WWF work. However, he came back to WWF and basically screwed Bret Hart, who was supposed to retain at Wrestlemania 9. He threatened to no show the event if Vince didn't give him the world title. So that's why WWF came up with that half assed story line where he challenges Yokozuna and wins the belt. Then, he doesn't defend it for over 70 days and refuses to drop the belt to Bret Hart... insisting he drop it to Yokozuna but ONLY if Yoko cheated.

So, he goes to WCW, which is largely due to his friendship with Ric Flair. They concoct a story line where Hogan wins the belt at Bash at the Beach, Flair wins it back at Clash ofthe Champions and then Hogan regains it at Halloween Havoc. So after Hogan wins the belt, he invokes his creative control to keep Flair from getting the belt. Hogan actually submitted to Flair's figure four but then changed his mind. He then suggests the Halloween Havoc match should be a retirement match because he fucked up the original plan.

And of course, Hogan didn't help WCW at all at this point. There was no significant increase in ratings. And when the fans would boo Hogan, Bischoff would pipe in applause for him. Many Jim Crockett die hards and Flair die hards quit watching the show because of the constant disrespect of Flair. WCVW's ratings dropped and they did not get better until the NWO angle. People like to claim that it was Hogan's idea to make him turn heel, but that's a lie. I have ALL of the insider newsletters from the time and it was pretty much Bischoff giving Hogan an ultimatum to turn heel or stay off TV.

So Hogan turns heel and keeps bringing in his friends, all with multi million dollar guaranteed contracts. He continues to exert his creative control and drove WCW into the sewer.

So then, Hogan makes the outrageous claim to the idiotic Dixie Carter that he taught Vince McMahon to lift weights and how to run his company. Vince was a workout fanatic long before anyone even knew who Hogan was. And Vince learned to run his business from his father. So Dumbass Hogan uses his lies to get into TNA and to get creative control. TNA had been growing for years as a wrestling alternative to the Sports Entertainment theme of WWE. However, Hogan tried to copy the WWE format, which didn't help TNA. In fact, Hogan and Bischoff's attempts to recreate the Monday Night War devastated TNA's ratings and they never recovered.

But of course, you think KO and Zayn have done so much damage to the industry. If you honestly are so fucking stupid that you think they were more detrimental to the business than Hogan was for the past 30 years, you need to go back to pre school.
What a Smark.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
In all seriousness, maybe it is because I saw their NXT runs and took note of them just before they went to WWE, but I like them both. I think they both can play both sides of the spectrum relatively well, are good at talking and when things are right storyline wise, they can translate it into a really really good match which has the right mix of jaw dropping moves, but highlighting the story too in it. Kevin has proved he can hang in the main event or be a good mid-card champ. As for Sami, it has kinda been a case of bad luck with him on the main roster but maybe when he comes back he can find something to break through?

As for if they are "ruining wrestling" I say... Hell no. One of them has been off TV injured and the other has been a consistient performer with a on TV most the time and only just came back. I get that they aren't the "typical look," but for me it is good to have a variety of people, looks wise, character, in ring ability, etc. You can have Monsters like Braun and Big Show, muscle toned wrestlers like Roman, Triple H, and Lashley, athletes like Seth Rollins, Ziggler, smaller people like Balor and other Cruiserweights, and anywhere in between. Can there be a better balance at times? Yeah, but Kevin and Sami are not a problem. Now will I regret making a post in the thread of a troll? We will see.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Can there be a better balance at times?
I really wanted to make a funny reply, but I have respect for you and couldn't bring myself to do it.

To actually answer that question, I say yes. You can have average looking guys like Kevin and Sami to ripped and buffed like John Cena to big dudes like Big Show to heavy dudes like Earthquake and Yokozuna. The only reason why I say you can is that just like real life people come in different sizes and shapes. Plus, seeing a certain wrestler of a certain weight can make you feel good about yourself. I mean, growing up I was a huge fan of Rikishi because he was a heavy dude, just like I, but people loved him and he was either dominate in his match or was shown not to be an easy pushover.

As far as Owens and Zani "ruining" Wrestling, I say fuck no and I say that as someone who hated Owens when he was Steen in the Bingo Halls because a lot of the older wrestlers, whether people like to admit it or not, ruined it beforehand. Hogan ruined a lot, just like Jacob epicly ranted about, The Cliq, I mean now tales is there about what they did backstage and the whole Curtain Call thing, and several other things people and can go and read about or watch now thanks to YouTube.

Either way, Owens and Zani haven't ruined Wrestling as much as Wrestling has ruined Wrestling.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sami Zayn is just a really good wrestler. The Raw after wrestlemania 32 and he got the biggest baby face reaction was cool

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score

Wrong again moron.

1) WCW buyrates and attendance clearly increased after Hogan's arrival in 1994. Their TV ratings remained steady as well. In fact, 1995 was the first year the company drew a profit.

2) Hogan suggested that Yoko was the better programme in 1993. There has never been any evidence that Hogan threatened to no-show.

3) The only wrestler that Hogan brought to WCW who was on million-dollar deal was Savage. The rest Hogan had no influence in their recruitment.

4) TNA had been growing before Hogan's arrival. Their biggest draws were veterans such as Sting, Kevin Nash and Kurt Angle. Russo had booked a sports-entertainment orientated product before Hogan's arrival. Those were TNA's most profitable years.

5) Owens and Zayn have damaged the industry. You may live vicariously through them because you are an outcast or a weirdo (as your avatar choice suggests). But they are channel-changing material. As Kevin Nash said, no one wants to be Kevin Owens and no one wants to fuck up. They don't pass the eye-test.

6) What is WCVW?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Wrong again moron.

1) WCW buyrates and attendance clearly increased after Hogan's arrival in 1994. Their TV ratings remained steady as well. In fact, 1995 was the first year the company drew a profit.

2) Hogan suggested that Yoko was the better programme in 1993. There has never been any evidence that Hogan threatened to no-show.

3) The only wrestler that Hogan brought to WCW who was on million-dollar deal was Savage. The rest Hogan had no influence in their recruitment.

4) TNA had been growing before Hogan's arrival. Their biggest draws were veterans such as Sting, Kevin Nash and Kurt Angle. Russo had booked a sports-entertainment orientated product before Hogan's arrival. Those were TNA's most profitable years.

5) Owens and Zayn have damaged the industry. You may live vicariously through them because you are an outcast or a weirdo (as your avatar choice suggests). But they are channel-changing material. As Kevin Nash said, no one wants to be Kevin Owens and no one wants to fuck up. They don't pass the eye-test.

6) What is WCVW?

You do realize you called someone with a PhD in Psychology an "idiot" and a "moron" and "an outcast?"

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wrong again moron.

6) What is WCVW?

There is nothing you can ever do to get to me. I have been watching pro wrestling since I was 9 years old. I had wrestling arguments before you were even born. I have done more in the first half of my life than you will ever do.

And you know, the only thing I feel about you is that you're a stupid troll who never even learned how to masturbate

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This guy is massively influenced by what's big and mainstream. Just like the shit you like bro.