Zayn and Owens

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Kevin Owens is actually the very few wrestlers today that actually has a fully dimensional character.

But I guess @TheWolf doesn't give a fuck about storytelling in wrestling. All about having that generic wrestler prototype and believability that they can beat you up.

Sami and Kevin could the shit out of you lol

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Kevin Owens is actually the very few wrestlers today that actually has a fully dimensional character.

But I guess @TheWolf doesn't give a fuck about storytelling in wrestling. All about having that generic wrestler prototype and believability that they can beat you up.

Sami and Kevin could the shit out of you lol
Wrong. Owen's character is actually really bland.

Storytelling matter as well. HHH vs Batista in 2005 being a great example of storytelling. Hogan vs Savage being another. You need good stroytelling. But you also need the right people involved in the story. Owens and Zayn are not the right people. You could craft the greatest story ever involving those two and it wouldn't draw a dime. They simply aren't cut out to be stars.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Kevin Owens is the best trash talker in the business. The only way you couldn't know that is if you're a complete moron...

Oh, now it makes sense why you didn't get it...

Reactions: Crash

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Of course you could just be seeking attention through shock jock material, Mark Madden style. Not sure. I just know your ideal wrestling format is predictable boring and void of original thought.

Now you're on the trolley.

Reactions: Red Rain

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Seriously, though, the idea that either of these men have done any damage to the wrestling industry is complete nonsense. Now, I've never actually cared for Sami Zayn, but he's really just been on the mid card since he was called up anyway.

Kevin Owens is not only a good wrestler but he is the best trash talker in the whole business.

You know what HAS done damage to the industry? Having a champion who defends his belt three times a year. Pushing wrestlers over and over again that have been rejected by the fan base. Mae Young giving birth to a hand. Making Owen Hart drop from the ceiling of an arena. Pretty much everything Hulk Hogan has done in the past 30 years.

Reactions: Crash

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I can't think of one quote from Owens where he trash alks people.

The guy has a great promo and is very character driven. But trash talking isn't really he's thing.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Kevin Owens is the best trash talker in the business. The only way you couldn't know that is if you're a complete moron...

Oh, now it makes sense why you didn't get it...
You are talking crap as always. Owens' mic skills are nothing special. Does he talk people into the building? No. Does he generate real heel heat? No. Besides, even if he was good on the mic, it would not make up for his other weaknesses.

Anyway, shouldn't you be at a Bronie convention?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I can't think of one quote from Owens where he trash alks people.

The guy has a great promo and is very character driven. But trash talking isn't really he's thing.

Um, then you have never watched a Kevin Owens match. He trash talks his opponents in nearly every match. It's sort of what he is known for.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Seriously, though, the idea that either of these men have done any damage to the wrestling industry is complete nonsense. Now, I've never actually cared for Sami Zayn, but he's really just been on the mid card since he was called up anyway.

Kevin Owens is not only a good wrestler but he is the best trash talker in the whole business.

You know what HAS done damage to the industry? Having a champion who defends his belt three times a year. Pushing wrestlers over and over again that have been rejected by the fan base. Mae Young giving birth to a hand. Making Owen Hart drop from the ceiling of an arena. Pretty much everything Hulk Hogan has done in the past 30 years.
Which wrestlers have been consistently put over that have been rejected by the audience?

Perhaps you could argue Bryan.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
giphy.gif