Your top video games of the new millennium?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Farooq said:
I have 13 Zelda games, about 5-6 Zelda mangas, a Ocarina of Time replica, videos of me covering Zelda songs, and a few Zelda posters. Don't talk down about any Zelda game. Twilight Princess was a great game, despite how people look down on it. The gameplay was fun, the graphics were at it's best, and the storyline may have not been at a "ocarina of time" level, but they were still pretty good. :mad2:

It was great, bar the wolf sections and I own/have owned every Zelda game except the CD-I games and Twilight Princess was the worst Modern Zelda game.

I also think OOT was overrated as it is.:pity:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:pity: It's all opinionated. I know plenty of people who love Twilight Princess. :pity2: And Ocarina of Time is not overrated to my terms, but I do prefer Majora's Mask.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Call of Duty 4 was awesome. The early stages of Pro Evo, and some of the latter Fifa's (not 12 or 13). Metal Gear Solid was always amazing. Dishonored was a fantastic game. I'm a huge fan of the Assassins Creed Series'. GTA series' as well, despite 4 being trash; San Andreas might be my all time favourite game. Rugby World Cup 2002 was awesome.

I wasn't as big a fan of Red Dead Redemption as you guys, some of it really pissed me off. The time it takes to get to interesting missions was a buzz kill. Heavy Rain was an awesome game on the PS3 - one of the few strictly PS3 games I have played - and warrants a place somewhere, but I wouldn't have it in my top 10.

So far I have only included Xbox games, but here are some PC games:

Counter Strike 1.6
Counter Strike Source
Half life series

Already the lack of Portal/TF2 disappoints me, but none the less you've picked all Valve titles for the PC section, so you must have some degree of gaming taste :p

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
I also think OOT was overrated as it is.:pity:

OH HELL NO! :pipebomb:

OOT is quite possibly my favorite game ever aside from Banjo Kazooie.

N64 > everything

Edit* Yeah, Majora's Mask is awesome too.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Farooq said:
:pity: It's all opinionated. I know plenty of people who love Twilight Princess. :pity2: And Ocarina of Time is not overrated to my terms, but I do prefer Majora's Mask.

That's because Majora's Mask is the superior game, I know plenty of people who can attest to TP being the worst of the modern era. Doesn't mean I think it's that bad, It's just the wolf sections were not needed.

Plus the Idea of the Twili didn't fit what i'd call, "Zelda-esque" characters. I mean they looked like a future race in a medieval setting.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
RiotRaven said:
Already the lack of Portal/TF2 disappoints me, but none the less you've picked all Valve titles for the PC section, so you must have some degree of gaming taste :p

Forgot to include TF2, that game was awesome. I could never play Portal because of my PC, but I hope to one day if I get back into PC gaming. I still haven't played CS: GO but I'm not really fussed looking at it.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
The Cole Train said:
OH HELL NO! :pipebomb:

OOT is quite possibly my favorite game ever aside from Banjo Kazooie.

N64 > everything

Then you clearly haven't enjoyed Majora's Mask, Wind Waker or Skyward Sword. I'm not saying I don't enjoy OOT, but it's reaching FFVII like status's of being considered the best when infact it's been improved upon.

I'm glad to see you like a decent console, Banjo-Kazooie is also one of the best platformers ever made <3

Farooq

Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
That's because Majora's Mask is the superior game, I know plenty of people who can attest to TP being the worst of the modern era. Doesn't mean I think it's that bad, It's just the wolf sections were not needed.

Plus the Idea of the Twili didn't fit what i'd call, "Zelda-esque" characters. I mean they looked like a future race in a medieval setting.

:pity1: What about Ancient Robots in Skyward Sword? They were ....robots. And I know plenty of people who also say Majora's Mask is the worst game as well. As I said it's all opinionated. I think the wolf levels were interesting.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Forgot to include TF2, that game was awesome. I could never play Portal because of my PC, but I hope to one day if I get back into PC gaming. I still haven't played CS: GO but I'm not really fussed looking at it.

If you can get it for Xbox360, It was easily my game of the year last year. With solid gameplay mechanics and a really good story. Plus Co-op was fun as hell!

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
Then you clearly haven't enjoyed Majora's Mask, Wind Waker or Skyward Sword. I'm not saying I don't enjoy OOT, but it's reaching FFVII like status's of being considered the best when infact it's been improved upon.

I'm glad to see you like a decent console, Banjo-Kazooie is also one of the best platformers ever made <3

Yeah sorry, I just put in that Majora's Mask is awesome too, I guess it's because I played that one later on whilst I grew up playing OOT, they're both fantastic games either way though. I've played Wind Waker which I loved also but I got a bigger Zelda feel from OOT, and I haven't played Skyward Sword yet but I definitely intend to.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Farooq said:
:pity1: What about Ancient Robots in Skyward Sword? They were ....robots. And I know plenty of people who also say Majora's Mask is the worst game as well. As I said it's all opinionated. I think the wolf levels were interesting.

They're more forgivable because of them looking ancient, whereas the Twili looked less humanoid most of the time. I'll admit Zant was a class villain in the series though, but it just lacked what alot of the more enjoyable Zelda's had.

I hear people tell me they think MM was the worst, then I ask how far they got and then they tell me "didn't even do the first temple". Which shows how little they understand of the games challenges and side plots. Plus the whole three days mechanic meant you had to use time effectively, instead of just wasting it.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
The Cole Train said:
Yeah sorry, I just put in that Majora's Mask is awesome too, I guess it's because I played that one later on whilst I grew up playing OOT, they're both fantastic games either way though. I've played Wind Waker which I loved also but I got a bigger Zelda feel from OOT, and I haven't played Skyward Sword yet but I definitely intend to.

Windwaker and Majora's Mask tie up for me in Modern Zelda game as they both tell the story amazingly and have fantastic game mechanics. Plus the music was also epic, I could tell you Skyward Sword is also fun, a little different but a step better than Twilight Princess, since it's about Link and not him turning into a wolf for alot of pointless sections of the game.

Farooq

Reaction score
Played all three Super Smash Bros game. They were fun when playing with friends who were skilled at the game. Zant wasn't really a class villain, he was kinda pathetic actually. He seemed scary, but when you fight him, he's just to easy since he is basically a repeat of the villains you fought before. And I still enjoyed the Twili, sure they looked a little advanced, but it was also a hidden race away from everything and banished to the darkness and whatnot. And I get that from people too, Majora's Mask wasn't even that hard though, especially if you know the song of reverse time :pity1:

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Farooq said:
Played all three Super Smash Bros game. They were fun when playing with friends who were skilled at the game. Zant wasn't really a class villain, he was kinda pathetic actually. He seemed scary, but when you fight him, he's just to easy since he is basically a repeat of the villains you fought before. And I still enjoyed the Twili, sure they looked a little advanced, but it was also a hidden race away from everything and banished to the darkness and whatnot. And I get that from people too, Majora's Mask wasn't even that hard though, especially if you know the song of reverse time :pity1:

Zant was an excellent villain, better than Ganondorf in that game (gets beaten by a fishing rod). Song of Reverse time made that game easier, most of the side quests required precise timing and made the game somewhat challenging though.

The Cole Train said:
Btw random but did any of you play Super Smash Bros? That was awesome.

It still is to this day, have all 3 games still.