Your top video games of the new millennium?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Gears of War 3.

Also not sure if Ocarina of Time was the new millennium but if it is, then that.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
R Albin said:
GTA San Andreas

e743dfa4c0bf40fbea819a09730aeb0f.jpg

You're learning to fly, while listening to this song on K-DST

#Nostalgia

It took me so fucking long to pass this mission. Holy shit.
I nearly ragequit on life.

Meshuggah

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
def said:
It took me so fucking long to pass this mission. Holy shit.
I nearly ragequit on life.

Yeah, loved the game, raged a lot on the GTA games, though. Mostly vice City's missions, not SA, since SA was the first GTA I ever beat.

Zafhire

Jobber
Reaction score
Battlefield & Call of Duty Series
NBA 2K Series [Who killed NBA Live Series]
Assassin's Creed Series [Hell yeah! The New way of Playing Action & Adventure]

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Hasn't anybody heard of Dark Souls? Dark Souls is without question the greatest game in recent history and not by a small margin, either. It's only rival is it's prequel, Demon Souls.

Meshuggah

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Laura said:
Hasn't anybody heard of Dark Souls? Dark Souls is without question the greatest game in recent history and not by a small margin, either. It's only rival is it's prequel, Demon Souls.

Yes, and it is a good game, but I wouldn't list it within my top 10, if I could even make a top 10...if it were a top 100, it would prob be in the 50's or up.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well, I guess everybody has their favorites.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
bioshock infinite is by far the best game I have played in probably the last 10 years... You have to finish it.. its that good!

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Halo Series - I have over 1 month of gameplay on Reach which was my first game, I started playing 3 with a few friends and got a few days up on that in custom games and then I've got about 6 or 7 days on Halo 4 (Haven't enjoyed it to much tbh)

The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Series was great not very popular though.

The Pro Wrestling games (WWE & TNA), I put a lot of time into these.

The Prince of Persia series (Excluding the "Prince of Persia" game. That was fucking shit.) This was my child hood, when I was about 7 or 8 my dad got Sands of Time on the PS2, spent hours playing that every time I went to his, then we got Warrior Within and Two Thrones and I played through both of them 3 or 4 times. I also bought The Forgotten Sands when that came out and I've played through that twice. I just love the Prince Of Persia series.

I haven't really played to many other games heaps, that's about it.

Meshuggah

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
William said:
The Halo Series - I have over 1 month of gameplay on Reach which was my first game, I started playing 3 with a few friends and got a few days up on that in custom games and then I've got about 6 or 7 days on Halo 4 (Haven't enjoyed it to much tbh)

The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Series was great not very popular though.

The Pro Wrestling games (WWE & TNA), I put a lot of time into these.

The Prince of Persia series (Excluding the "Prince of Persia" game. That was fucking shit.) This was my child hood, when I was about 7 or 8 my dad got Sands of Time on the PS2, spent hours playing that every time I went to his, then we got Warrior Within and Two Thrones and I played through both of them 3 or 4 times. I also bought The Forgotten Sands when that came out and I've played through that twice. I just love the Prince Of Persia series.

I haven't really played to many other games heaps, that's about it.

You seriously need to give Halo and Halo 2 a try for the original xbox sometime, their the only ones I liked, they bring back childhood memories for me cause my friend used to ALWAYS play em, and I got hooked on em, I hate the new halos, Halo 2 being my favorite of all of them.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Farooq said:
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword by a long country mile.

Please don't include TP in those.

The Cole Train said:
Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Gears of War 3.

Also not sure if Ocarina of Time was the new millennium but if it is, then that.

It's not, I'm sure it's 1999. Majora's Mask was 2000.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Laura said:

It wouldn't go in my personal favourites, but it's one of the better games of the year. I'm glad you can provide not only good wrestling content, but decent video game content too.

Greatest game in recent history has to be Minecraft, it's sold more than alot of games and is still selling rapidly.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
Please don't include TP in those.

It's not, I'm sure it's 1999. Majora's Mask was 2000.

I have 13 Zelda games, about 5-6 Zelda mangas, a Ocarina of Time replica, videos of me covering Zelda songs, and a few Zelda posters. Don't talk down about any Zelda game. Twilight Princess was a great game, despite how people look down on it. The gameplay was fun, the graphics were at it's best, and the storyline may have not been at a "ocarina of time" level, but they were still pretty good. :mad2:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Call of Duty 4 was awesome. The early stages of Pro Evo, and some of the latter Fifa's (not 12 or 13). Metal Gear Solid was always amazing. Dishonored was a fantastic game. I'm a huge fan of the Assassins Creed Series'. GTA series' as well, despite 4 being trash; San Andreas might be my all time favourite game. Rugby World Cup 2002 was awesome.

I wasn't as big a fan of Red Dead Redemption as you guys, some of it really pissed me off. The time it takes to get to interesting missions was a buzz kill. Heavy Rain was an awesome game on the PS3 - one of the few strictly PS3 games I have played - and warrants a place somewhere, but I wouldn't have it in my top 10.

So far I have only included Xbox games, but here are some PC games:

Counter Strike 1.6
Counter Strike Source
Half life series