Your thoughts on Roman Reigns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I have plenty of changes to add to this, but I want to go back to my main point that none of this makes vince an idiot. That kind of blanket statement is firstly untrue and secondly does nothing constructive. The talk we are into now however, this is constructive and very fun. :)
It doesn't make Vince an idiot. But it seems pretty clear that he is out of touch with what large parts of his fanbase do want. I personally think Vince never truly got out of the Hulkamania era mentally. He books what he himself would want it seems.

Reactions: CFCrusader

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Aye, 'out of touch' is a much less offensive way to put it.

Quite frankly, I just don't get how a Looney Tunes related promo could suit Roman Reigns. That stuff was just cheesy. Imagine Lesnar delivering that stuff, lol. Thank God he has Heyman.

And the stuff from this past week, where he told some sort of a fairytale, that was cheesy, too. But still, Reigns did a good job at making bad content into something good.

Remember that post-Shield promo by Reigns? That was his best one, in my opinion.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
See that I agree with. Sadly he is increasingly out of touch.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
All this said, I still enjoy the product plenty. If I didn't I would stop watching. Triple H's NXT is the future though. Hunter has a keen understanding of what today's fans want.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
All this said, I still enjoy the product plenty. If I didn't I would stop watching. Triple H's NXT is the future though. Hunter has a keen understanding of what today's fans want.

Every product has good and bad stuff, same thing goes for the 'E. While I may not like all their decisions and stuff, it's not gonna stop me from watching.

As far as NXT goes, I adore that product. It's dope. Kudos to Hunter for making it that way.

Reactions: KITT

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Basically less is more. Long term booking with straight forward feuds based more in reality. Very similar to NWA in 1986-87

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Every product has good and bad stuff, same thing goes for the 'E. While I may not like all their decisions and stuff, it's not gonna stop me from watching.

As far as NXT goes, I adore that product. It's dope. Kudos to Hunter for making it that way.
Ok very cool. I am glad we found some common ground. :) I am enjoying the discussion.

NXT is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Kevin's turn on Zayn was a thing of beauty.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ok very cool. I am glad we found some common ground. :) I am enjoying the discussion.

NXT is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Kevin's turn on Zayn was a thing of beauty.

When we were discussing stuff previously, I think you were looking at stuff very seriously. I was kinda messing around, I'm an easy-going fella who's usually on good terms with everyone here.

Yeah, can't argue with that. El Gener... *cough* Zayn winning the title only to get turned on by his best friend was a thing of beauty, indeed. I just had a feeling we'd get Zayn/Owens feud early on. Now, if they repeat it on the main roster sometime down the road, it's gonna be awesome, too. But right now, I'm just looking forward to seeing what they're gonna do with it in NXT.

Reactions: KITT

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with what several of you have said.

I actually liked the "Roman and the Beanstalk" promo, for what it was.

Come at me, bro.

wk

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with what several of you have said.

I actually liked the "Roman and the Beanstalk" promo, for what it was.

Come at me, bro.

wk

The content of that promo was bad, but Roman made it good. Therefore, I kinda liked it.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
The content of that promo was bad, but Roman made it good. Therefore, I kinda liked it.

He did make some chicken salad out of chicken shit with it. That makes me worry less about him being on top in the next few years (or even months, I guess). It shows he can learn and I hope he keeps it up.

I'm not the world's biggest Roman Reigns fan, but I do hope he's successful in the long run.

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
This is what I've been saying about RR mic work for a while. Many act like he is hopeless on the mic, but he is the victim of WWE being too hands on with him.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
He did make some chicken salad out of chicken shit with it. That makes me worry less about him being on top in the next few years (or even months, I guess). It shows he can learn and I hope he keeps it up.

I'm not the world's biggest Roman Reigns fan, but I do hope he's successful in the long run.

wk

Aye, I'm not the biggest Reigns fan either, but ever since he came back, I've been praising him. He's definitely been improving on the mic and in the ring.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
This is what I've been saying about RR mic work for a while. Many act like he is hopeless on the mic, but he is the victim of WWE being too hands on with him.

Anybody who doesn't think Reigns has the capacity to be a big star in the business is just being foolish. But he's the one who's going to have to put in the work.

Nothing he's done has suggested he won't (or can't) work hard. It's just going to take some time.

wk

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Agreed. WWE just can't help but love to micromanage everything.

Honestly, I've been digging his mic and in-ring work lately. He's definitely improved in those fields once he returned from injury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.