Your thoughts on Roman Reigns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Reigns is getting better but I feel as if he needs to stop the minute long awkward silences in between his lines and tone it up slightly more.

I feel as if Harper is good enough as he is in the midcard, Rowan has the chance to push on as a face now and his after-getting-fired promo on Smackdown didn't seem to be bad (but I skipped past most of it :pity:)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Not sure what WWE wants with Rowan. I mean, they push him vs Big Show and then job him out? What for?
As far as Bray's promos go, I do think the random rambling has gotten a tad stale at this point. Worse thing is I feel the crowd agrees with me mostly

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Since the shield and wyatts came the same time ill rank them overall

1. Rollins - Best in ring, most exciting Well on mic
2. Bray Wyatt - Decent in ring, best on.mic, pretty exciting
3. Dean Ambrose - He needs work still in ring which people might disagree with. The frantic pace at times makw his matches sloppy. It plays into his character but i wish hed clean it up. His promos are usually good.
4 Luke Harper - Big athletic guy, mic skills are poor, His matches feel fluid
5. Romam Reigns - He has everything you want from the top guy in terms of looks, but he just does nothing for me. He talks bad, moves are pretty cool. Needs others to carry his matches. He could improve but he has Kevin Nash Diesel disaster written all over him.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Hopefully they use the firing as a way to put Sting with Rowan, Ziggler and Ryback. It would be a good chance to let Sting lead them, while pissing off The Authority. All 3 could do with being associated with Sting and for someone like Rowan, it would make him a lot more relevant since he jobbed to Big Show (I have no idea why that happened too).

Reigns' promo and wink surprised me, a subtle nod towards the criticism he's been getting but I enjoyed it.

I saw Rollins as the future top babyface and still do, although he took the chance to be heel and became one of the best ones on the roster. With a bit better booking in terms of how he wins clean, Rollins would easily be #1 (of course, Lesnar is too inactive to be the true #1). Wyatt's probably the biggest victim of "hmm let's job him out to Cena and then screw him over!" and lacked real purpose in his feuds since Cena; heck, that feud was just stupid AF. Ambrose, future top heel, is now one of the top faces but also screwed over by booking. Harper's awesome in ring and surprises you when he goes for a big clothesline one second and dives over the middle rope. I think his mic skills are meh, but he doesn't really need to talk much. Just being with Wyatt gave him the chance to let his ring work do the talking. Rowan's been quite good in the ring since splitting from Wyatt and Harper, but still his mic skills are untested and he needs a proper feud. Reigns is improving but needs to take a back seat to the returning Bryan and be allowed to beat Rusev.

SSheetsJr

Jobber
Reaction score
I think hes good but let Bryan be the top guy for a year and let Regins develop his mic skills and other things so Regins can become the top guy at WM 32

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is being held back so much by the WWE it's just crazy.. watching his matches in FCW and NxT and comparing them to the way he wrestles in WWE is mind blowing.. he has a MUCH BIGGER moveset to work with and WWE has whittled him down to what they think their top guy should be.. a clone of the fives moves of doom.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is being held back so much by the WWE it's just crazy.. watching his matches in FCW and NxT and comparing them to the way he wrestles in WWE is mind blowing.. he has a MUCH BIGGER moveset to work with and WWE has whittled him down to what they think their top guy should be.. a clone of the fives moves of doom.

Part of this is because WWE sees Reigns as a future John Cena/Rock/Hulk Hogan, all of whose movesets were limited when they got the rocket strapped onto their backs.

The reason for this is not unknown, nor is it a bad idea. Watch Stone Cold's matches in ECW and WCW...or his early days in WWE for that matter. He was well-known as a top-flight worker, a "mechanic" who had a huge moveset and a wide variety of styles he could work in. Then he nearly got his career ended by a botched tombstone piledriver against Owen and he simplified his moveset to a lower-risk one. That's one example. But it's an example that proves that the big guys need to have simpler movesets: it helps them avoid unnecessary injuries.

There have been some pretty special top guys in WWE (HBK, Jeff Hardy, Y2J, Punk, Bryan) who have been able to be at the top and keep a big, varied moveset. I don't know if Reigns will push to expand his as long as he's on or near the top.

wk

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
I don't think Jeff Hardy is a good example of a man with a diverse move set. I would consider RVD a top dog for awhile in short bursts. Even though the IWC doesn't like his move set now, his earlier work had plenty to offer. Reigns has that signature punch and the spear, but he feels somewhat copy paste in the ring, a move set taken out of the big guy manual so to speak.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score

He does much more with less. It would be really odd for him to start doing the Leakee moveset. Roman is a smash mouth brawler and his moveset needs to remain simple and direct.

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Now I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more moves now and then as all wrestlers need to evolve to stay fresh. That said I'm pretty high on Roman and his future potential as a top draw.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What is the point of complaining about guys move sets being watered down if you are a WWE fan? That is WWE style ffs. If you don't like it, watch a company that uses a style you prefer.

edit: And did Waco really just say Jeff Hardy had a big, varied moveset? I've heard it all now. Punk didn't have that varied of a moveset for the most part when he was on top either. HBK, Jericho and DB (tiny sample size though as far as him being on top) are the only ones that really kept a larger set of moves while working as main eventers.

Even the Stone Cold example is off base. He had changed his move set long before the neck injury.. the way he wrestled was to fit his gimmick. I remember specifically during WM 13 commentary Vince was putting over Austin's technical ability (of which he used some in that match, but rarely in most matches as Stone Cold) because he simply was a brawler by that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: KITT

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Reigns' promo on Smackdown was pretty decent... then they have him tell fairytales on RAW. Da fuq's going on?

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Vince being an idiot is what's going on.
Thought so, this must be an indication of Vince messing up every RAW but leaving Smackdown (or, in fact, what they can use for the show) to the rest of their creative team and actually, the people working with Roman Reigns for the B-Shows aren't half bad. Vince should just make sure Reigns can do more of the good Smackdown promos, but get some promo teachers in and make him speak more quickly at times. Like, Bryan speeds up the tempo at times to get the crowd more pumped but at times Roman just sounds a bit monotone and slow. If WWE let him improve slowly but surely, he'll be a real star in time for WM32 for sure. :brockderp: BELEE DAT VINCE!

Reactions: Prince Bálor

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
It baffles me that you or anyone could call Vince an idiot. That to me means you feel you could do a better job at his job, which is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.