Xbox reveal discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lingstar

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just caught up on the reveal, sounds okay other than the used disc potential issue!
The intensity of the new Kinect sounds pretty awesome.

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
It sounds pretty cool so far. I like the look of the controller and the console itself. I personally don't buy many used games but that used game thing is going to be a huge deal breaker for people if you can't buy used games and play them normally like the current gen.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Okay guys, I missed this. Someone summarize what i'm going to be spending hundreds of Dollars on and when I can get it. Please and thank you!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Okay guys, I missed this. Someone summarize what i'm going to be spending hundreds of Dollars on and when I can get it. Please and thank you!
A lot of entertainment features. Like skype in the xbox, multi tasking etc.
Possibly a lot of features that will require a constant connection.
Games have to be installed on hard drive to play.
Disc is used for install and you cannot borrow games from friends. You have to pay a installation fee. Same applies to buying second hand.
No real reports on pricing, just some speculations. Not much shown in games.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
WOW that is one hefty looking mfer. How many slims are they going to spit out at us. That thing looks like an insta overheat break. Hopefully not, but I switched to 360 after my ps2 broke 5 times. I'm on my 4th xbox 360 now.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Disc is used for install and you cannot borrow games from friends. You have to pay a installation fee. Same applies to buying second hand.
WOW, my friends and I like to swap games. Any word on the "installation fee" That's bogus.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My butt is really happy though, after all the raping gamestop put on me from the past 8 years on resales. It's nice to know they can't do that anymore.

Stopspot

Reaction score
WOW that is one hefty looking mfer. How many slims are they going to spit out at us. That thing looks like an insta overheat break. Hopefully not, but I switched to 360 after my ps2 broke 5 times. I'm on my 4th xbox 360 now.
I never had to trade out any of my consoles for that.

Seems like a lot of focus on the entertainment side and not so much on the gaming. We'll see come E3, they did promise 15 exclusive titles but gave no info on them.
The no borrowing or buying second hand worries me a bit. Since it is such a big part of gaming culture. It has its pros and cons I guess but I am a bit putt off. I don't want an entertainment station, I want a gaming console.

Stopspot

Reaction score
My butt is really happy though, after all the raping gamestop put on me from the past 8 years on resales. It's nice to know they can't do that anymore.
Also the stocks are speaking for themselves.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MSFT Microsoft since the event ended. Obviously they will rise and still make a big profit of it. They are marketing as an entertainment system not a gaming system.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE Sony is up 9% on the stock market since it ended.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Apparently people are upset that they didn't show much gaming on it. lmao. Damn, some people don't have patience. #3Weeks
8fe8b72cd89b024333bfd663aae45251.png

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Three things on that list weren't even covered in the revelation today...

Anyway, you should get round to watching this Danny. Some fo the features are awesome. The way they have reinvented Kinect is fantastic, and since you're an American sports fan (and maybe fantasy league?) then they will 100% appeal to you. The games they shown look real good on the new Xbox, and I doubt overheating is an issue. Overheating isn't even an issue on the new Xbox 360 (slim quiet one). Also, Xbox have gone from 15,000 servers to 300,000 servers, which was more than enough to power the internet in 1999. Basically, things are looking great so far.

The disc thing might be a pain, but they haven't confirmed anything regarding second hand games just NOT working yet. I'm sure we will find out more at E3 in a few weeks time, as we will with the new games coming to Xbox. You can also control TV with Skype just by voice control, and switch between TV/Xbox/Internet/Whatever instantly, without changing wires/ports/outputs etc.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Also the stocks are speaking for themselves.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MSFT Microsoft since the event ended. Obviously they will rise and still make a big profit of it. They are marketing as an entertainment system not a gaming system.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE Sony is up 9% on the stock market since it ended.
Manchester United stock went down when Sir Alex retired, and then went back up a few hours later. Not even sure why you posted those tbh? I understand you're not a fan of this for unknown reason, but to deliberately post so negative about it when someone is asking neutral questions is a bit weird dude, lmao.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Was that installation thing confirmed?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Was that installation thing confirmed?
They confirmed that games are installed to the hard drive, but didn't confirm that you can't just play games from the disc. So the theory of simply not being able to play a friends game/second hand game is just a theory at the moment; Xbox haven't confirmed it.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
If you want to watch it, it's on Xbox.

If not:
- 8 GB Memory Built-in
- 500 GB HDD
- Blu-Ray
- Wi-Fi
- Multi-task (Gaming + Skype for example)
- Voice recognition (Say Xbox On and it turns on)
- 15 New Games will be made for it, 8 being brand new.
- Rumour prices are $299 currently