Xbox reveal discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'm going to keep my Xbox 360 if games aren't compatible with Xbox One.
Although, I'm getting the Xbox One on the release date.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So from what I saw so far, more data, nice design and basically the same thing with Xbox 360 with tweaks.Did I hear you'll be charged to use used games? Does that mean places like Game-stop is going to close I imagine.I have a big problem with that, considering when the system comes out, majority of people will have Xbox 360 games.If I was Gamestop I wouldn't even advertise the system like that.When does it come out, and I probably won't get the system till a year and half after it comes out, it's nothing special.If you under 18 this is great for you, stay in the house and play 10 plus hours of games and get obese.I heard this is for the new generation, well the new generation are lazy people, who would rather spend their money on a game or system than pay their bills or become independent and get outta their Parent's house.Even when I was playing hard when I was 13, I never went nuts for PS3 and I feel the same way here.I'll stick to my old system and that includes N64 and Sega.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
debating on Facebook is stupid. :facepalm1:

UeAuZEn.png

It's fine if the features are optional, but I don't have the room for a Kinect, which they neglected to mention has to be plugged in all the time. I also can't say i've not had a point where my internet just randomly goes down for a few days due to a fault on Virgin's end. This would then mean that since you HAVE to connect to the internet at least once a day, I would be unable to play my console if this situation were to arise. Also If I wanted to take a game round a friends house, I couldn't anymore. Because due to the installation and whole used games business, I'd have to take my console instead. Then this also eliminates letting friends/family members borrow games, because they would have to pay full price for something they may not be able to afford. Oh did I mention it's not backwards compatible with any Xbox/360/XBLA games.

This also brings my points upto A: what if you run out of HDD space? B: what if the game files get corrupted? This means possibly shelling out another £50-60 for one of your games? C: 3 years from now I fancy play Halo X, this not being Halo 10 but say Halo 5. Then since I can't buy it pre-owned and it's not in stock anymore, does that mean the game is all but gone forever?

Obviously this is just concerning me "the gamer". Did they stop to think the economical effect it's going to have on game stores who sell/buy pre-owned games, because companies that rent out games like gamefly/blockbuster will be hit by this, it seems as though during the presentation they didn't understand what they were supposed to be selling.

I'd have boiled it down to this:

-Console name
-What it does/can do (none of this TV crap, which by the way is for america only)
-Multiplayer options (I.E what they've done to revamp xbox live)
-Teasers of a few exclusive games to hype you up for E3. (could be the names or cinematic trailers)
-A quick demo of what the games will look like when being played on the console (not a full length documentary of a select game, just show off the graphics during some gameplay)

For what it's worth to me, this console is just more effort to simply play games, the thing I buy it for.

So go put this in whatever you use to crop and make fun of me more, for being concerned about where an industry I love is going.

Reactions: Stopspot

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'd say 90 % of the time i'm online when I use xbox anyways. The other 10% maybe i'm up to something but even if it was online only it'd be a non-issue. It seems like the norm to be on xbox live (connected) even now. For people that can't afford the xbox gold, i'm sure they still have internet and can connect to the silver and it'd work.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
It's fine if the features are optional, but I don't have the room for a Kinect, which they neglected to mention has to be plugged in all the time. I also can't say i've not had a point where my internet just randomly goes down for a few days due to a fault on Virgin's end. This would then mean that since you HAVE to connect to the internet at least once a day, I would be unable to play my console if this situation were to arise. Also If I wanted to take a game round a friends house, I couldn't anymore. Because due to the installation and whole used games business, I'd have to take my console instead. Then this also eliminates letting friends/family members borrow games, because they would have to pay full price for something they may not be able to afford. Oh did I mention it's not backwards compatible with any Xbox/360/XBLA games.

This also brings my points upto A: what if you run out of HDD space?
A game is like 2GB - 8GB and the HDD is 500GB. It'll last a while and if you do run out, you can buy a new one.

B: what if the game files get corrupted? This means possibly shelling out another £50-60 for one of your games?
Call Xbox? Re-download it considering you can't sell your game anymore?

C: 3 years from now I fancy play Halo X, this not being Halo 10 but say Halo 5. Then since I can't buy it pre-owned and it's not in stock anymore, does that mean the game is all but gone forever?
You can buy it on the Xbox Marketplace via Xbox. Also, they sell brand new one's online. Ex: Ebay

Obviously this is just concerning me "the gamer". Did they stop to think the economical effect it's going to have on game stores who sell/buy pre-owned games, because companies that rent out games like gamefly/blockbuster will be hit by this, it seems as though during the presentation they didn't understand what they were supposed to be selling.

I'd have boiled it down to this:

-Console name
"All in One" = Xbox One

-What it does/can do (none of this TV crap, which by the way is for america only)
For America currently. It will eventually be for other countries as well. Also, wait till E3?

-Multiplayer options (I.E what they've done to revamp xbox live)
300,000 servers rather than 15,000? More to be revealed at E3?

-Teasers of a few exclusive games to hype you up for E3. (could be the names or cinematic trailers)

-A quick demo of what the games will look like when being played on the console (not a full length documentary of a select game, just show off the graphics during some gameplay)

For what it's worth to me, this console is just more effort to simply play games, the thing I buy it for.

So go put this in whatever you use to crop and make fun of me more, for being concerned about where an industry I love is going.

I could see why people complain, Microsoft have been bastards for a long time.
But this is a revolutionary gaming/entertainment console. Look how far it's gotten since the 80's?
Also, the gaming will be revealed at E3.
Also, why's everyone complaining about buying OG games? Just buy it. Even if you did borrow it from your friend, you would have to return it and buy one for yourself.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Give me Tetris, a couch and a few beers and I'm happy. #hardcoregamer

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Idk much (or care for that matter) about this console or whatever. But these arguments are pretty silly, imo. I'm sure there are some people complaining for the sake of complaining ("OMG THE CONSOLE ISN'T PINK WTF!") , but just because certain things don't affect YOU, doesn't mean that OTHERS don't have the right to complain about said things. To me, not being able to borrow/share games and not being able to play offline does sound pretty fucking stupid, but again Idk much about this (so I'm probably talking out of my ass). Also, just my opinion. Anyway, I just don't see why we're posting pictures of arguments here, pretty much slagging off the people complaining ("LOL LOOK AT THEZE WHINY BITCHEZ") when they might have legit reasons for complaining, even if their reasons might not affect YOU.