WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Swagger dropping the belt on camera basically set the tone for the entire night. This was a once in a lifetime ECW, before you knew it the show was over, that's how great it was. Besides Todd and Striker's lack luster commentary when Christian came out, it was FUCKIN AWESOME.

Although, I would have wanted to see Ricky Ortiz, but you can't win them all.

PeepShow

^lol...

Loved the show tonight. Lame opener, but the rest was very enjoyable. I honestly didn't expect Dreamer to put up as much of a fight against Morrison as he did, but it was still a very good match.

Tyson Kidd looks pretty great. Really reminds me of Low-Ki for some reason. A feud between those two would own.

Main event was pretty good also. Christian pinning Swagger for the second week in a row is . Next week should OWN as Christian gets the title shot, but I don't see him beating Swagger for a 3rd week in a row.

EDIT - I forgot to mention he needs to get his fuckin' jacket on when coming down to the ring. He looks naked coming out w/out it on.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else cringe every time they hear Swagger referred to as the "All-American American"? In fact, does anyone else cringe every time Swagger speaks? He's not a bad wrestler, but his mic skills are abject.

noumenon

Tonight's ECW kinda pushed me even further towards the fact that it really blows that Christian is on ECW.
Seeing his second appearance and promo since his return being directed at Finlay warning him his Leprechaun son shouldn't interfere broke my heart..lol.
I think it's really hurting Swagger as well. Sure he was pinned by Finlay last prior to Christian's debut (and once in a tag match but ssshhhh) but this will mark the second week in a row he was pinned by Christian. It's almost as if in consolation for Christian being put on ECW they allow him to have their champion play bitch to him....I dunno.

As for the rest of the show. It's good to see Burchill being used...just wish it was a little better than a rollup victory on Boogeyman.
Tyson Kid was pretty impressive again...the hair has to go though.
Boohoo poor Tommy Dreamer.....
I still can't help but hope come the draft we see Morrison utalized to his full potential on another show. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this guy could be something really special one day.

My only complaint once again is the stranding of Natalya and Katie over on ECW. These are two of the only women who can work a decent match and they put them on the only show without a women's title?

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Christian will be in ECW for very long. I think he'll chase Swagger until WM without success because Swagger cheats or gets DQ'd. I'm hoping that Christian then wins MITB and/or gets drafted after WM. Then again, with both Christian and Matt Hardy gone there would be even less reason to watch ECW.

noumenon

^Well...I don't see him ending up in MITB. But I do agree with the fact that we probably won't see Christian holding the ECW title. He'll chase Swagger into Mania...Swagger will cheat to win...Christian will be drafted and replaced with someone else to hold ECW afloat.

keg

Reaction score
At least they put Christen with Swagger so hopefully he will learn from him and become a better wrestler. Because most wrestlers take time to develop and unless swagger refuses to learn off him he should come out the otherside a better wreslter.

big slow

Reaction score
i ate stephanie mcmahons ass last night, it was better than being world champion!

PeepShow

That main event fucking owned. ***1/2 Best main event to a televised show in a while.

Again, really loved Tyson Kidd. Looks really good in the ring. The other 2 matches were meh. Also, :n: at no Morrison.

Oh, and I'm really interested to hear what Swagger's critics have to say after that match. Green my ass.

Reaction score
That's good and all, but, Jack Swagger has now retained the ECW Championship cleanly. Now what?

At least a dirty win by Swagger or a DQ victory for Christian (using the "naked turnbuckle" move) leaves the door ajar for the story to continue somewhat. It might and probably will, but now I feel it's been sewn up.

Vince must have a passionate hatred for Christian.

Christian 2.0

Reaction score
I think the match was a big success. For a tv match it's a solid 4 stars. Christian's selling almost had me completely fooled and Striker's commentary added to that effect. Remember, Christian pinned Swagger twice, clean, so this shouldn't have been a surprise. The feud isn't over and now Swagger looks like a stronger champion.

Soulpower

ECW was the definition of a one match show, but damn it, it was one good match. IF you missed it, do yourself a favor and track that match down!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That was a great ME last night. Those two work very well together. The whole Dreamer angle just needs to stop, there seems to be no interest in that at all. Tyson Kid is pretty good in the ring, I just hope he wont be facing jobbers for a long time. There may be a program between him and Bourne when he gets back, which would be good for both and should be some good matches. Natayla is looking better every time I see her since the pink hair came in.