WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Matt actually looks a little bigger than he was a couple of years ago...what was with the ring gear though? I thought TNA had finally fired MCMG and Alex Shelley was in the ring at first...

I think that it was the same gear that he wore at his last ROH show (Man Up!).

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Dude I so marked for MATT F'N SYDAL!!! Hopefully they do Matt Sydal some justice and don't just job him out for the rest of his WWE career. If he didn't want to stay in ROH, the guy could've been a big time player in TNA's X-Division (considering they didn't stick him w/ some contrived, cartoonish, 80's inspired gimmick). Please do this man justice, WWE. Please!

Also was it just me or did the crowd not like CM Punk at all last night? They boo'ed the shit out of him every offensive move he connected with, and when they started to chant his name you could tell it was all chicks and little kids, I think he's going to get the John Cena treatment soon, which makes me a sad panda :(

On the bright side, Punk/Kane was a terrific match..Probably one of Kane's best in recent years

MikeRaw

Dude I so marked for MATT F'N SYDAL!!! Hopefully they do Matt Sydal some justice and don't just job him out for the rest of his WWE career. If he didn't want to stay in ROH, the guy could've been a big time player in TNA's X-Division (considering they didn't stick him w/ some contrived, cartoonish, 80's inspired gimmick). Please do this man justice, WWE. Please!

Also was it just me or did the crowd not like CM Punk at all last night? They boo'ed the shit out of him every offensive move he connected with, and when they started to chant his name you could tell it was all chicks and little kids, I think he's going to get the John Cena treatment soon, which makes me a sad panda :(

On the bright side, Punk/Kane was a terrific match..Probably one of Kane's best in recent years

IMO, the answer was in your question...
He was facing Kane!
Its true Kane hasnt been a glorified world champ or anything, but hes one of the most popular superstars out there. Thats why they booed Punk, I think, because they like Punk, but love Kane... Just like in recent weeks Cena was getting close to no boos, because fans were siding with him against JBL, but when he went up against HHH (who fans love) they prefer HHH.
they gotta keep Punk going against heels until hes got a big enough fanbase to be more popular than other faces.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Punk vs Kane was a very good match, but like it was said before, I really couldn't get why Punk was getting booed, even though it sounded like one person doing that. I really don't know where the feud with Miz and Morrison is going with Night of Champions coming up.

And Sydal had the Dragon Gate Logo on his tights.

C4

Theodore Long is the new general manger of ECW now?

I wonder what changes will this guy bring to the Land of Extreme :disgust:

Enigma22

Reaction score
why do they put all the black guys in ecw? theres only mark henrey left on smackdown and cryme time left on raw lol...

Reaction score
I haven't really been keeping up with WWE or TNA lately, but I did tune in to ECW on Tuesday to see Matt Sydal make his debut. I'm glad they didn't bury him, as he got some of his signature high flying offence in. I actually may start watching ECW again, I like a lot of the talent they have on there come to think of it. If Sydal stays, and doesn't get buried, then thats all the more reason to watch.

C4

You forgot MVP on Smackdown!...

MVP isn't black... but yeah, it's weird that there is Elijah Burke, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, and so many other black guys on ECW... :shock:

They are pulling off some huge talent through the draft, I can sense it..

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think the kofi vs sheldon fued is great its the only reason i tune in.

hunter22375

Reaction score
IMO, the answer was in your question...
He was facing Kane!
Its true Kane hasnt been a glorified world champ or anything, but hes one of the most popular superstars out there. Thats why they booed Punk, I think, because they like Punk, but love Kane... Just like in recent weeks Cena was getting close to no boos, because fans were siding with him against JBL, but when he went up against HHH (who fans love) they prefer HHH.
they gotta keep Punk going against heels until hes got a big enough fanbase to be more popular than other faces.

+1 very true

ayrton

Reaction score
shelton benjamin is the only good reason to watch ecw at the moment.nothind else seems interesting at the moment.

JHar888

Reaction score
^ He is a pretty talented superstar, but I wouldn't watch it just for him. I say if they brought in Mick Foley and Rey Mysterio from SD! to ECW in the draft, the ratings would be a lot better, disagree if you want to. There's no way that two ECW originals couldn't make the show more exciting.

Haze187

Reaction score
Line of the night:
Mike Adamle - "Johm Morrison with those strong abdominal muscles able to kick out"
Since when do abs give you power to kick out, they work the opposite way you idiot. Somebody please fire this guy.