WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Yet again another pretty good ECW. Could have gone without the Estrada thing, but I did laugh when Colin got knocked out. Half the show was wrestling with a solid 10+ min ME.

ECW keeps being way more enjoyable then Raw and Smackdown for me.

Although I dislike Matt Sydals' new name it does make sence. Matt Sydal is a name that WWE can't own...that is why it was changed. Evan Bourne is a copyrighted character for WWE.

Matt could've made the case to get more money if he stayed with Matt Sydal because it's the name that he used in ROH and in OVW

I think he has looked awesome though, I loved how the Fed let him show off some of his signature stuff. But does WWE think we are all that dumb (Stupid question ehh?)...call him Matt Sydal one week and all of a sudden another name the next, seems silly especially for such a great wrestler.

ECWWE: :y: for this week.

J

Ecw was an ok show last night...Even though i feel like we've seen that main event like a million times...and also they need to quit with the stupid Armondo jobbing out like crazy thing...Kofi and "Evan Bourne's" match was awesome...Should've been the main event...

Airfixx

Yet again another pretty good ECW. Could have gone without the Estrada thing, but I did laugh when Colin got knocked out. Half the show was wrestling with a solid 10+ min ME.

ECW keeps being way more enjoyable then Raw and Smackdown for me.

Although I dislike Matt Sydals' new name it does make sence. Matt Sydal is a name that WWE can't own...that is why it was changed. Evan Bourne is a copyrighted character for WWE.

Matt could've made the case to get more money if he stayed with Matt Sydal because it's the name that he used in ROH and in OVW

I think he has looked awesome though, I loved how the Fed let him show off some of his signature stuff. But does WWE think we are all that dumb (Stupid question ehh?)...call him Matt Sydal one week and all of a sudden another name the next, seems silly especially for such a great wrestler.

...You'd think they'd be more than happy to trade off of his existing reputation wouldn't you? Then again, I think you already hit the naill on the head in that it's about character copyrights etc.

Not seen the movies, but is Evan Bourne the name of the guy in the Bourne Identity etc.?

If so, that's WELL lame!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
^^ I think it's Jason Bourne.

This was a damn good espiode of ECW if I do say so myself.

If they took the athleticism of Sydal, Kofi, Shelton, Punk, Morrison etc to the next level and headed the entire company in a fresher direction I'd be liking WWE programming a lot more. The little specs of it we get on Tuesdays is more entertaining than anything that isn't HBK/Jericho.

Tonight's show = EPIC SUCCESS!! :yes:

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I couldn't believe it when Sydal did the SSP. I thought that WWE didn't allow anyone to use that move anymore.

Reaction score
as i watched ECW i couldnt help but think as the line up was good however some were bad like a jobber match. the wrestling was better than normal. i know soon all the good superstars will be gone but this past week's ecw was one of the best i've seen in 2 years of the ecw reformation. with this line up
matt hardy and CM Punk vs. John Morrison and Miz
Kofi Kingston vs shelton benjimon in an extreme rules match

dmc1870

Reaction score
mark henry

It about time he gets some dam respect and get title and he will hold for a long time face triple h or c punk for there belts but there scarred to give him a chance.

Beer Money Army

More Bourne/Guerrero

I Just finished watching ecw and it was a pretty quality show(i actually thing the mark henry/atlas promo was decent rather than a henry squash match), One thing i thought that could be good for the show. Is more of this Bourne/Guerrero. I know the match only went 3 mins but it was pretty good..

I don't think Chavo would take the quick loss to a rookie lightly tho, They need to bulid Bourne as a future prospect for ECW so why not more chavo/bourne...

The only thing i think that could backfire with bourne is his promo's, I think they come off weak sometimes...

Your Thoughts iwf'ers?

the-gaffer

Reaction score
Chavo is brilliant, I really like him, he is a throwback to the 80s type heel and he is brilliant at getting enough heat to get his opponent over as a top face!

I want to see more of Chavo on both SMACKDOWN and ECW

seX-Power

I agree Chavo is cool but Bourne really sucks at his promos.
He comes of as an arrogant noob you want to slap.

"it's so great to be here. i worked my way to the top"

ugh

seX-Power

am i allowed to double post here for a valid thread?

ECW has been aleight lately, with some alright matches and promos, but I really dont like the feud building. The dirt sheet segment this week was minorly funny and majorly stupid, but what saved it was the charisma of MIz and Morrison. good work by the WWE to build Hardy/Henry using stars with good mic skills not the averager Hardy and Henry and the awful Atlas

do they still call WWECW stars extremists? lol if they do

drewH

Reaction score
I like the old classic original ECW better

DevilAdvocate86

Reaction score
I actually am enjoying ECW again. I think with the likes of EvanBourne getting a push is helping and a different face as champion

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I was so mad that matt dident win the ecw title he deserves it.