WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

ECW was pretty good last night (EVEN WITH PUNK JOBBING AGAIN!!).

The Miz-Punk was very good, but again, I hated seeing Punk job to The Miz of all people. THE MIZ beat Mr.Money in the bank. Just let that simmer for a bit.

The women's match was... well, it didn't suck. They let Neidhart and Victoria do the bulk of the work and it helped the match. Both Cherry and McCool continue to improve which can only help the women's division in the long run.

I loved the backstage segment between Shelton and Kofi. It was nothing groundbreaking, but it made Kofi look like more than just a happy-gp-lucky guy. And the fans popped when he attacked Benjamin, so it was all good.

Colin now has theme music!! Unfortunately, his luck hasn't changed all that much. Knox squashed him and I actually heard boos for Mike. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to like Knox and his awesome pose (\__0___). Estrada joining the ECW roster can only be a good thing, and it looks like he'll be feuding with Delaney. Can't complain about that.

Morrison vs Kane was very good. Much like he did against Batista, Morrison dominated the majority of the match and I liked how he was working the leg of Kane. I DIDN"T like how Kane just shrugged it off and hit the Side Slam and the Clothesline from the top without even thinking about selling his leg. The finish was good because it protected kane, but WHY COULDN'T THEY DO SOMETHING SIMILAR IN THE MIZ/PUNK MATCH?

With the heels ending the show on top, I hope that this doesn't mean we'll be getting new tag champs at Judgment Day. I know Morrison and Miz have been the tag champs for about 6 months now, but I'm not a big fan of giving the belts to a makeshift team, especially when established like Moore Wang and Jesse & Festus have failed to do the same.

Still, a much better show than last week's and hopefully next week's episode will be as good or even better.

noumenon

I actually liked ECW a lot last night... really not bad at all.

MIZ/PUNK....HOLY SHIT!!! Who the fuck is Punk pissing off. Why would you put the MITB on someone and have them lose to Regal/Y2J/Miz within a month...I really can't remember the last time he's had a good win under him. Well unlike most people I do like the Miz and I think he's got a lot of drive, he and Morrison are both the best things on the ECW roster IMO.

Womens match...eh...

They gave Kofi some dimension which was nice... fuckin up Shelton.

Colin is still gettin squashed...aww. And I'm gonna have to agree with you Soul, I'm really startin to dig Mike Knox.

And Morrison carried Kane's fat slow ass....move this guy over to RAW.....now.

PeepShow

ROFL @ Miz beating Punk cleanly. Just give MVP the MITB already and end the joke now.

Airfixx

MIZ/PUNK....HOLY SHIT!!! Who the fuck is Punk pissing off. Why would you put the MITB on someone and have them lose to Regal/Y2J/Miz within a month...I really can't remember the last time he's had a good win under him.

I think the loss to regal wasn't that big a deal as he'd had 2 tough matches as opposed to Regal cruising his way to the KOTR final via Hornswaggle & an already injured Finaly.

That said, he lost to Matt Hardy on SD last week too.

Starting to get the impression that maybe something may have gone on behind the scenes and that they're not gonna push him MITB-style now and have him lose the briefcase at some point... (Enter MVP?)

Strange though, cos reports were that Vince and some of the other big-players were really pleased with him.

And Morrison.... move this guy over to RAW.....now.

YES. YES. YES.

Put him against HBK before he (Shawn) is too old n' slow to have a potential fullfilling match with him....

Like N-O-O-O-W!!!!

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
Kane should hold the title until around Summerslam then lose the title to Shelton and have Shelton hold a title for a while then he can feud with someone, but i dont know who...

Slyfox696

Reaction score
WTF? Why did Punk job to the fucking Miz.

Who's he pissed off backstage?
Oh noes! Punk lost a match to another midcarder. The world is going to end!

Miz > Punk

That is all.

Romo Is God

Reaction score
WTF? Why did Punk job to the fucking Miz.

Who's he pissed off backstage?

Vince and others for being a hothead.

On more than one different occasion, he's also a dick to his fans, and just gets up and leaves autograph signings. Plus, Punk just isn't very good.

So who cares?

Christian

Reaction score
Vince and others for being a hothead.

On more than one different occasion, he's also a dick to his fans, and just gets up and leaves autograph signings. Plus, Punk just isn't very good.

So who cares?

...is this guy talking about the same CM Punk that everyone else is?

But yeah, I don't like Punk very much but I think it's all part of some crazy storyline where Punk will either...

A. Snap.
B. Lose MITB.
C. Turn heel.