Umaga passes away :(

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Vince offered him to go to rehab. It was Eddie Fatu who refused help.

Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, blame those deaths to WWE. They were wrestling for them and had his problems right under the nose of management.

But to say Umaga's death is WWE's fault is a joke. WWE offered him help and he refused. And to the statement that WWE should be helping every wrestler that work for them...they do. They pay for their rehab. But just as in every other business, WWE can be like a patrol and run around helping everybody even if they have refused, even when they dont even have to.

Kizza

I had no idea he was offered rehab.

But to still not place any blame on WWE as well is a joke too. I can bet you that he had no underlying pill problems, anything like that when he signed with WWE. Then he comes out and has an addiction. I wonder how he got it?

The Rated R CMStar

yeah, that came out wrong.

I mean, yes, it's the grueling schedule which causes the problem. There really is no need to work that amount of dates. Then again, and this is my opinion, those guys know the monster they are getting into.

As for painkillers, yes, obviously they are used, but there's the stupidity factor. People like Rey Mysterio, they have been addicted. He got rehab and end of story. Then, there's people like Eddie Fatu, Benoit, Guerrero, Test, who just don't know when to have enough.

straight_edge76

Has steroids been directly linked as a cause of death or is it just speculated?

Double J

Reaction score
I do not mean to be nasty here, but why dont these things happen to assholes i hate like Khali,Big vis, warrior, and savage. Id swap all of them to get eddie,umaga, test and crash holly back. Life sucks at times and umaga passing away is one of these times.

Dude seriously, did you even think before you typed that or did your fingers just get possessed? And just FYI, as far as Khali being an "asshole" he's one of like India's respected heroes.

Ok, they choose then. They choose between taking some pills and continue to get paid megabucks, or they refuse and are out of a job.

Vince saw that Umaga was having a problem, and got rid of him. They don't die when they're still with WWE. Besides Eddie & Benoit, they've all left.

Now I'm not saying that it isn't WWE's fault, but really no one put a gun to their head and told them to take the pills. If they believe that fame and money is more important than their lives and their families then their the dumbass'. There are plenty of other wrestling industries that will take them, hell go to TNA, you wont get paid as much but you'll be wrestling and you'll most likely live a longer life.

I don't believe that Vince got rid of Umaga because he thought something was going to happen. Since the Benoit thing the government or whoever has been watching WWE very closely when it comes to drugs. Fatu refused to go to rehab so they let him go. If he would of went to rehab then he would of still most likely been in WWE and he'd probably still be alive.

Kizza

I guess one of the main things about this that kinda came to my mind is Kurt Angle. A few years ago, he was real fucked up on pain killers. I think he said that he wanted to go to rehab, but Vince refused to let him go, so he left for TNA. I think that's what was said, I don't know.

noumenon

I think it was more along the lines of Kurt wanting a less hectic schedule and Vince not wanting to grant him that. His option was either time off or don't if I recall. So Kurt went to TNA. But yeah, I think Kurt has had a pretty documented past with pain killer problems...even before his WWE career.

Kizza

TNA is the only reason he isn't dead imo. Less work, less nasty bumps, better health. I wouldn't be surprised if he's totally off the pills, because he's still as good as he ever was.

Hometown Kid

Kizza said:
Vince should be fucking held responsible for all these deaths

I'm glad someone said this before I could, because although there are many factors that lead to these deaths, "Mr. McMahon" should be absolutely at the head of the blame. Vince is a joke when it comes to caring about wrestlers, I can almost guarantee (just like Test) he won't get a tribute show, a 10 bell salute, or even a passing mention at the start of Raw. He behaves like a total BUM and always has. The government and Vince can kiss my ass. I doubt anyone will agree with this but The only way this will end is when the McMahon family are eradicated from Pro wrestling entirely. And a decent human being is placed in charge of WWE and/or policing wrestling policies. I never cared for Fatu as a performer, but it makes me so sick that a man with problems like his dies in a situation that could have been so easily prevented and he could have lived a full life wrestling elsewhere if wrestling had taken care of him.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I'm glad someone said this before I could, because although there are many factors that lead to these deaths, "Mr. McMahon" should be absolutely at the head of the blame. Vince is a joke when it comes to caring about wrestlers, I can almost guarantee (just like Test) he won't get a tribute show, a 10 bell salute, or even a passing mention at the start of Raw. He behaves like a total BUM and always has. The government and Vince can kiss my ass. I doubt anyone will agree with this but The only way this will end is when the McMahon family are eradicated from Pro wrestling entirely. And a decent human being is placed in charge of WWE and/or policing wrestling policies. I never cared for Fatu as a performer, but it makes me so sick that a man with problems like his dies in a situation that could have been so easily prevented and he could have lived a full life wrestling elsewhere if wrestling had taken care of him.

QFT

McMahon should be held responsible, not entirely, but he should share part of the blame.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
RIP Eddie Fatu. That's a huge wrestling family suffering a big loss. I don't really want to assume anything yet with this, But I really don't want another wrestling death fall to nothing.

I'm thinking that the government might try to crack down harder on prescription drugs. This is a big example, and we've already seen that prescription meds are just as bad, and maybe even worse, as street drugs. this year alone was a huge year in prescription drug controversies.

noumenon

::sigh:: You can't blame anyone for a death caused by an over dose of pain medication. This isn't a problem contained to WWE, it's something that has always run rampant through the wrestling industry. There have been a few who have tried to unionize and create better conditions for wrestlers, but you know what? These guys are all expendable. There is always another guy waiting around the corner to fill your shoes.
Wrestling is a get rich quick scheme on crack. If you saw the paychecks some of these WWE stars walked home with you'd probably faint. Their contract states nothing more than "You will work for only us for X period of time and in that time you will receive X amount of dollars, unless you're not here...then you won't."
These guys have no choice but to suffer through every injury they sustain in order to make money. You can't put the blame on Vince's shoulders that these guys won't stand up in unison and say they want change. And you know why they won't? Because they're all worried about #1...themselves and making THEIR paycheck and keeping their spots in order to make more money. And that's exactly what Vince is doing, paying these guys ludicrous amounts of money to do what they do, at an accepted risk and under accepted conditions all while making HIS money.
Change can only be brought about by the guys in the business, not anyone outside of it. Do you think guys like HHH, HBK, Undertaker, Jericho, Cena, Batista and dozens of others who have made millions in this business have any complaints? Hell no they don't. They may not like seeing their friends drop like flies but they're making out like fucking bandits and that's all they can ask for.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
::sigh:: You can't blame anyone for a death caused by an over dose of pain medication. This isn't a problem contained to WWE, it's something that has always run rampant through the wrestling industry. There have been a few who have tried to unionize and create better conditions for wrestlers, but you know what? These guys are all expendable. There is always another guy waiting around the corner to fill your shoes.
Wrestling is a get rich quick scheme on crack. If you saw the paychecks some of these WWE stars walked home with you'd probably faint. Their contract states nothing more than "You will work for only us for X period of time and in that time you will receive X amount of dollars, unless you're not here...then you won't."
These guys have no choice but to suffer through every injury they sustain in order to make money. You can't put the blame on Vince's shoulders that these guys won't stand up in unison and say they want change. And you know why they won't? Because they're all worried about #1...themselves and making THEIR paycheck and keeping their spots in order to make more money. And that's exactly what Vince is doing, paying these guys ludicrous amounts of money to do what they do, at an accepted risk and under accepted conditions all while making HIS money.
Change can only be brought about by the guys in the business, not anyone outside of it. Do you think guys like HHH, HBK, Undertaker, Jericho, Cena, Batista and dozens of others who have made millions in this business have any complaints? Hell no they don't. They may not like seeing their friends drop like flies but they're making out like fucking bandits and that's all they can ask for.

great post. I don't believe it's Vince either. When it comes down to it, it's your morals, and how far will you go to get paid. sure, Vince is a contributing factor, but does he tell people to take prescription meds? he might treat some poorly, but it's not his fault. you see this on every level of pro wrestling, from indy to the top. if you don't want physical pain to get money, go to college.

like I said before, the gov't might have to deal with prescription drugs in general. but for wrestlers, I don't see anyone really working for change that's an active wrestler. again, this goes to the fact that some guys don't want to lose that paycheck.