• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

Damn. It's a real shame he's passed. His Umaga gimmick and the awesome voice of Armandy Estrada beside him was one of the highlights of Raw in 2006, And one of the reasons in which I tuned in to view the product. Its to my knowledge that he rejected the help of WWE To place him in Rehab, Which in my opinion, Means that it's just a matter of when and where will he pass? It was obvious as soon as the reports came in he was going to go.

And May I point out, As a news reporter, That PWI and PWT Didnt handle the situation well at all. First reports of him dieing came on over 6 hours before he passed, Obviously false hope for PWI and PWT. As soon as I heard he was on life support, He's gone.

EDiT: Oh and also, This doesnt apply to IWF, But on certain 'news' sites, and I say news with '' around them as we really can't call them news sites, more like sites that claim things they put such slanderous things as 'UMAGA DIED!' .. Who the hell puts that? They're fucking assholes.

Kizza

You're a news reporter? lmfao.

Copying and pasting from other sites into reporting bro.

John

You're a news reporter? lmfao.

Copying and pasting from other sites into reporting bro.

Ergh .. Nope .. I never said I am, I said PWI and PWT Are news reporters, And i use the term reporters loosely.

Kizza

That's not taking the piss mate.

If it said ANOTHER WRESTLER DIES OF DRUGS, HOW SHOCKING!, that's slanderous. While died isn't the best word, it's confronting.

John

^ True, Yet how ignorant for some sites to say he's dead before he passes, Even when they know he damn well isnt.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
or those sites are stupid for saying Eddie "Edward Fatu. That = fail.

The following statement was released last night by Afa "The Wild Samoan" regarding the sudden passing of Eki 'Umaga
' Fatu:

Statement from Afa "The Wild Samoan" regarding Eki Fatu (aka Umaga)

On behalf of my family, the Anoa'i and Fatu family, we are devastated and shocked by the loss of our Eki. Our son, nephew, brother, cousin, husband, father. Our hearts are broken, and words can't express what each of us are feeling. It is so comforting to know how loved Eki is by his family, peers, friends, and most of all his fans. When I received that a.m. phone call that my nephew was in the hospital, I dug deep and prayed and cried and begged for a miracle. When we lost Eki, I knew it was God's will, and that he is with my sister, his mother, who passed just a year ago.

We are making our plans now for our farewell to Eki, but I wanted to take this time to thank everyone for all of the thousands of posts, emails, letters, and cards. Although I have not been able to bring myself to answer them personally, your kindness does not go unnoticed. I want to especially thank our WWE family and Stephanie McMahon for everything, and her phone call was very comforting to me in my time of sorrow.

God bless each and every one of you, and I've said it a hundred times, the best people in the world are our wrestling people. You'll never find a more dedicated group of people.

Be safe and be healthy, and love one another.

God bless,

Afa the Wild Samoan
"Pops"

that's a big family, like I've said before. And they might have the cleanest family record in wrestling. they look immaculate compared to the Harts and Von Erichs, other than Manu using a fake penis in a steroid test...

Kaedon

Reaction score
Wow this sucks. I really loved that character too :( RIP Brother

Reaction score
This blows man. I liked the character and the fact that he could really move for a big man. He was a damn good wrestler, IMO.

You'll be missed. Hopefully he's being served a frosty beer at Gorilla Monsoon's "Big Ring In The Sky", alongside Eddie, Chris, Bulldog, Hennig, Bossman, Rick Rude, etc..

straight_edge76

So is Umaga actually related to The Rock like it has been said in Kayfabe? I think they are like 4th cousins but idk.

noumenon

I think so, but pretty distant, and more so by marriage than blood.

straight_edge76

Yeah I was thinking something similar. Damn Samoans are related to everybody lol.