Triple H vs. Undertaker Set for WrestleMania, Likely Main Events for Miami

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
HHH/Taker to me is kinda like how HBK/Austin from mania was years ago. In theory the match wasn't really that great but when taking into consideration the injuries and such it was good. That said I don't like the match as much as I did the night it happened and think Punk/Orton was actually better looking back.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I have zero interest in seeing this. Their match this year had a strong narrative which was cool in its own way. But the match was boring, long and very slow-paced. Considering this is the match Taker is going for 20-0 I'd have thought they'd try something bigger, like Taker vs Revamped Kane, or hell, even Taker vs Punk.

It'll be the biggest of all Taker's Wrestlemania matches, shame the match will probably suck.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Looking back, Cody and Rey was better than I remembered

SAL

Reaction score
You have to rember last year that Taker was coming off Tommy John surgery. He hadn't even went through a third of his rehab. HHH was also coming off a neck injury and bicep tear, while not having worked a match in a year

Then why did they do the match last year in the first fucking place?

Deuce

Reaction score
Then why did they do the match last year in the first fucking place?

The match looked good on paper plus, Triple H was really the only one that had the experience and such to face Taker at Wrestlemania, ifyouknowwhatImean?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Good question but logical answer is omg we can't leave Triple H/Taker off the card for different reasons therefore pitting them against each other. Now they could have just did Sheamus/HHH and Barrett/Taker as we have discussed in the past but yeah.

SAL

Reaction score
If HHH was really the only available guy who was deemed "good enough" to face Taker at WM, then that's a failure on the part of the booking team. [Midcarder with potential] isn't good enough? Make him good enough. HHH's status didn't make the match worth a damn, because there was no reason given for the match in the first place, other than when HHH took the liberty of burying the locker room by saying there was nobody worth facing left.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If the top three matches are;

Rock vs. Cena
Punk vs. Jericho
Undertaker vs. HHH

Then that is already a damn strong card. BUT four of the six guys are no longer full time wrestlers so that is also a bad sign that WWE have to rely on former greats to make shows must buy.

It would be much better for the business if Undertaker faced someone like Barrett and if HHH then faced someone like Miz. They need to face some of the younger heels and do their best to help put them over and make them into the stars of the future. WWE are screwed at the moment because they haven't done enough to put over the younger guys and keep giving them the yo-yo push.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't have a problem with it because at the time I thought they were gonna go all out on the build up since they had all the ammo to do so. They didn't do until the HBK segment which they should have had him involved more in the story. Was pretty underwhelming on what they could have done with it which is what I was afraid they were gonna do with Barrett/Taker Sheamus/HHH which was make it pretty underwhelming.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't you think that Barrett could be a good opponent for Undertaker at WM28? WWE have finally started to push him again and if he goes over Orton in his feud he will reach a level where realistically he could challenge Taker. I like the idea of a younger guy challenging him to get the rub from Taker.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Like I said from a standpoint of giving him a huge match for his career even if he will lose it yeah it makes sense. Only standpoint it doesn't make sense from is if you want Taker to be apart of a great match and possible show stealer. Barrett/Taker def would not be that. Would be a decent match up but nothing to speak about as far as the match quality down the line.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Don't you think that Barrett could be a good opponent for Undertaker at WM28? WWE have finally started to push him again and if he goes over Orton in his feud he will reach a level where realistically he could challenge Taker. I like the idea of a younger guy challenging him to get the rub from Taker.
In my opinion, I think Barrett is a good opponent for Undertaker. He made a very great heel back when Nexus was around and still is a good heel right now, he's great on the mic and his strong accent helps out as well for a heel character. I wouldn't say he's great in the ring but he is pretty good and can put on a hell of match especially against Taker and it would be good for him to get a rub from Taker.
They currently need to push him so hard though and make him a credible contender for Undertaker, needs to go over Orton this Sunday at TLC and maybe in the future, Booker T.

The storyline is already there, Nexus (the leader was Barrett) helped Kane when he faced Taker back at a PPV by taking him out.

WWE needs to realize they need to put over their young guys against the top and older guys, they are the future, the guys like HHH aren't gonna last forever.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Like I said from a standpoint of giving him a huge match for his career even if he will lose it yeah it makes sense. Only standpoint it doesn't make sense from is if you want Taker to be apart of a great match and possible show stealer. Barrett/Taker def would not be that. Would be a decent match up but nothing to speak about as far as the match quality down the line.

I just think that since Rock and Cena is already on the card nothing will top that as the show stealer. WWE don't need a huge opponent for Taker since they aren't relying on Taker's streak to sell the PPV next year. That is why I think that they should take this opportunity to put a younger guy in the match to get the rub from Taker.

In my opinion, I think Barrett is a good opponent for Undertaker. He made a very great heel back when Nexus was around and still is a good heel right now, he's great on the mic and his strong accent helps out as well for a heel character. I wouldn't say he's great in the ring but he is pretty good and can put on a hell of match especially against Taker and it would be good for him to get a rub from Taker.

They currently need to push him so hard though and make him a credible contender for Undertaker, needs to go over Orton this Sunday at TLC and maybe in the future, Booker T.

The storyline is already there, Nexus (the leader was Barrett) helped Kane when he faced Taker back at a PPV by taking him out.

WWE needs to realize they need to put over their young guys against the top and older guys, they are the future, the guys like HHH aren't gonna last forever.

It would be nice if they finished that storyline that was never concluded with Nexus and Taker.

I think that Barrett is a good wrestler for his size and he is really strong on the mic so he would be able to cut some strong promos against Taker.

I would have him beat Orton and then have him finish final three at the RR and then he can start pushing for that match with Taker at WM28.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I think we need to see wrestlemania matches like taker v barrett/cena/orton, as taker isn't going to be around for ever.

Only way i could accept another HHH v taker is if it was streak v carrer and HHH losses

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Oh fuck this shit. This is just lazy booking by the WWE. Take faces the same oponent twice in a row for the second time in in consequetive years. First HBK now HHH? Its just boring, I want to see taker face a new opponent, not one we've already seen. Heck I'd even be happy with boreton vs taker over this shit.