Triple H vs. Undertaker Set for WrestleMania, Likely Main Events for Miami

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I really want to see Dolph fighting for the world title this year personally

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I really want to see Dolph fighting for the world title this year personally

Same here, but I don't think he's ready for the WWE title anytime before WrestleMania 28. I'd love for him to be involved in a feud after that though, but he also needs to drop Vickie so it doesn't look like he needs her and as she helps him get victories quite a few times. Without her it would make him look like a serious contender.

SAL

Reaction score
You're eliminating Wade Barrett because he might hurt Taker during the match? Seriously? Watch Taker/HHH again. There were like two semi-dangerous spots and they built the match around two minute breaks between spots while HHH did his stupid "uhhhhhh I can't believe this guy's resilient and shit" face.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You're eliminating Wade Barrett because he might hurt Taker during the match? Seriously? Watch Taker/HHH again. There were like two semi-dangerous spots and they built the match around two minute breaks between spots while HHH did his stupid "uhhhhhh I can't believe this guy's resilient and shit" face.
While you're answering this PSYCH, can you give me some evidence and not some weak theory as to why you are essentially saying Wade is a dangerous worker?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I didn't say he was dangerous, as he has only hurt one person by my count in Henry when he was first brought to Raw. I said he was still a bit green even now, which is true as his strikes still can be sloppy and he does have awkward pauses in his matches when it isnt a guy like Randy or Bryan in there to keep it flowing. Watch HHH actually work that match again and those so called dangerous spots. Taker was never dropped for one second on the shoulder he had Tommy John surgery on and came back early from rehabbing. Trips took air deadman to pretect that shoulder in a totally different way than anyone else normally does. HHH even altered the Pedigree to stop him from hurting that shoulder which wasn't healed. Doing stuff like Trips did takes experience, percission, and can't be replicated by a number of people. It isn't a slight to say he just isn't that level of good in the ring, and that there are far better and crisper in ring workers than him, to work with Taker who will have rust and is coming off surgery into the secondary main event of the card. Do you two really believe Wade could actually outwork HHH?

@ Hatred - I actually meant World Heavyweight Championship on SD, as I don't think he is ready for the WWE title or to be the man on Raw. Same goes for Del Rio, Wade, and Cody really. I also think he will separate from Vickie, but it looks more to me like he might be going face with the Swagger teases, so that Vickie focuses solely on Swagger. I think they are hinting at the Swagger v Dolph match with Vickie screwing him tbh

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
From a in ring match standpoint I wouldn't wanna see Barrett vs Taker however from a standpoint of building Barrett up and making him a name like they did with Nexus he makes the most sense. I think Taker could have the best match with Orton or Dolph but I do agree with wanting to see Dolph go for the WHC. Only thing is at the same time I wanna see Henry hang on to the title till mania to lose it to Bryan to put him over.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wade isn't even the most over young heel on his brand. Cody is worlds more over, the better talker of you go by fan reaction, and a better worker. I rather watch him tbh in that spot for the sake of the match, and I don't even thinks he deserves the slot.

the only young guy that makes sense story wise to me is DiBiase, and that is dependent on his father returning.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Cody isn't that much more over than Wade but he is more over though. Mic work they're same level to me and in ring work Cody wins that easily. Cody vs Taker would come off too much like it's gonna be a squash. Barrett on the other hand has the advantage of coming off stronger as he was at one point the most over heel and had the presence of being a main heel. I just think Wade would come off as the more credible guy going up against Taker than Cody in terms of how they come off. Only way I wanna see HHH vs Taker again is if HBK made a comeback and it was a 3 way between Taker/HBK/HHH since I think they could tell a hell of a story with that one and end up a great match.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That is a dream triple threat of mine behind only Austin/Rock/HHH

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Id do Kane Taker or Taker vs someone fresh or multiple people.

Triple Threat they could bill as taker doesn't have to lose to lose the streak.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
My thoughts on Taker/HHH last year was two old men beating the hell each other for 5-10 minutes then trying to recover for the next 20.

So why the hell would I want that again?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was what I wanted to see last year tbh when they had the segment showing HBK all conflicted. I know the stip was for him to retire but wouldn't have minded them breaking that for that match just made too much sense.

Deuce

Reaction score
HBK vs Taker is/was 10x better than HHH vs Taker anyday, it is to slow of a match between these two while Shawn and Taker was fast paced the whole way through.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
HBK vs Taker is/was 10x better than HHH vs Taker anyday, it is to slow of a match between these two while Shawn and Taker was fast paced the whole way through.

You have to rember last year that Taker was coming off Tommy John surgery. He hadn't even went through a third of his rehab. HHH was also coming off a neck injury and bicep tear, while not having worked a match in a year. Taker is healed and rehabbed now, HHH is healthy and has worked matches, so it would logically be better IMO. I still honestly believe they were the best match on the card last year and they won the voting for best match easily even wth their limitations last year