Triple H vs. Undertaker Set for WrestleMania, Likely Main Events for Miami

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As seen on last night's RAW Supershow, Triple H brought up The Undertaker's absence and declared that The Streak ended at WrestleMania 27 because we haven't seen The Deadman since then and he couldn't leave the ring on his own.

The Wrestling Observer reports that Triple H vs. The Undertaker is booked as one of the matches at WrestleMania 28 in Miami.

We noted yesterday that officials have Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk for the WWE Title also penciled in for WrestleMania 28. Add The Rock vs. John Cena and you have the three main events for Miami.
AGAIN, REALLY? I didn't even think last years was all that good, so I can't see me giving much of a fuck about this one either. Would have much prefered Orton/Taker than this.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Either way still want Undertaker to lose.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I thought last years was pretty good. However, no way should they have a rematch. There is nothing to gain from this for eithe Trips or Taker.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Guess they need to continue using big names to face Taker....

I'd put someone like Rhodes or Barrett... Someone who can literally be the 'Future of WWE'... Student vs. Teacher kind of feud.

Still want Taker to lose.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Said it yesterdaynd mean it. With Cena busy, I would rather see him face Trips or Kane for a third time than waste the staus of his match with a guy like Jericho, who just isn't on that level or credible enough. And I really don't won't him wasting a streak match on someone who isn't credible, isn't over enough, and is still a bit green like wade.

Cena

HHH - Kane

Henry
Orton

Jericho - Punk - Miz

Wade

That is my tier for his opponents on that stage, especially with him having only a handful left in him possibly.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I hate Triple H with passion. I'll be rooting for Taker if this happens. Don't want that egotistical bastard winning it Of course Triple H needs his spot to get his spotlight. Why can't he just realize that he's not entertaining anymore.

Quad

Reaction score
Jericho vs Punk? Yes pleaseeee. I'd buy any PPV that has Cena/Rock and then Jericho/Punk.

However, I wasn't a fan of HHH/Undertaker, and my opinion hasn't changed. If this was is his last WM, I'd hate to never see matches like Undertaker/Cena and Undertaker/Orton. I was always holding out for a return of the legend killer gimmick just for a WrestleMania, but oh well. Let's hope HHH/Taker can deliver the goods and hopefully assist in bringing us three good mainevents.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I hate Triple H with passion. I'll be rooting for Taker if this happens. Don't want that egotistical bastard winning it Of course Triple H needs his spot to get his spotlight. Why can't he just realize that he's not entertaining anymore.

Have you missed him being the best non-Cena draw of the decade and ridiculously over to the point it was Punk who got booed versus him? Did you miss the reaction he got last night? He entertains more people than most of the roster easily, and they actually support what he does by putting their money where their mouths are

SAL

Reaction score
Said it yesterdaynd mean it. With Cena busy, I would rather see him face Trips or Kane for a third time than waste the staus of his match with a guy like Jericho, who just isn't on that level or credible enough. And I really don't won't him wasting a streak match on someone who isn't credible, isn't over enough, and is still a bit green like wade.

Cena

HHH - Kane

Henry
Orton

Jericho - Punk - Miz

Wade

That is my tier for his opponents on that stage, especially with him having only a handful left in him possibly.

I know you too well, because I know this somehow isn't a joke. Taker vs. Kane or vs. HHH again? Attitude Era nostaglia is wonderful and all, but the spot is (again) better served going to someone who stands to benefit from it. What was the build up to that match? "HHH and Taker: LOOK AT THESE ESTABLISHED MEGASTARS!" All they did was spend a month taking turns talking about each other, for no reason. Then the match itself, which (naturally) was given 10-15 more minutes than it should've gotten, time taken away from other matches. HHH lost, Taker disappeared, and HHH said "meh." Nothing was gained. This great "fading legend" angle they're sitting on with Taker needs a star from this generation as a natural foil. HHH shouldn't get the match just because. Give it to Sheamus, Del Rio, Barrett, any number of guys who will stand to benefit from the spot. Because, even if HHH wins, should I really care? Nothing will change with him either way.

Have you missed him being the best non-Cena draw of the decade and ridiculously over to the point it was Punk who got booed versus him?

You mean when HHH was telling Punk "you have to get these people's respect," WHILE THE FUCKING CROWD WAS CHANTING FOR CM PUNK? He really needs to go away forever.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Um Punk didn't get booed against HHH by the way was actually the other way around in one segment so I don't know where you got that from PSYCH. Plus what Sal mentioned as well.

Anyways please don't do this again. You have the big match that will make mania sell no matter what so if there was ever a year to have Taker face a young guy this would be the year.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
CM Punk didn't get booed when he faced HHH, it was an equal reaction for both guys and I believe Punk may have even got that extra couple percent of reaction over HHH. CM Punk is WWE's top guy atm and #1 merch seller and it's clear why.

Anyway, I don't want to see Undertaker vs HHH again. It has already happened twice and their match earlier this year at WM27 wasn't all that entertaining due to the fact HHH was in control most the time which made it being a one sided match, both guys looked like they couldn't go any longer and Taker ended up winning in a miracle comeback in a space of 30 seconds. Sure it had a couple good spots here and there, but that's it. The Undertaker not being able to walk out only added that extra touch which made it look good.

I'm not a fan of John Cena but he is considered the "face of WWE", has he even faced Undertaker yet? Not going to happen if Taker retires at 20-0. (Yes, I'm assuming his streak won't end, that's 19 years gone to waste)

Since we can't have John Cena anytime soon, what about guys like Wade Barrett (was under serious consideration by WWE for WM27)? It would make sense due to the fact Nexus took out Undertaker which was led by Wade Barrett.
There is also guys like The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton, Booker T, Christian, Sheamus. The list goes on and on..

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Miz - also undefeated at mania so is is passable
ADR - couldn't garner a pin drop, Taker and the streak deserve better
Wade - too green and would need to be carried
Randy - I could like that with his new work ethic
Dolph - he could be the guy with the way he is progressing
Christian - he's a joke and doesn't belong in the same ring at Mania with Taker, wat too low class
Booker - I don't see why, They don't even have huge history
Sheamus - yeah he can do it but I much rather picture him in a title match
Henry - makes sense with the Hall of Pain as he is the dominant force in the company
HHH - they have history, years of it, and he resulted in Taker being carted off
Kane - years of history, brothers, buried him alive twice actually
Cena - would have been my first choice but hey he has Rock
Jericho - he is a jobber to the stars and not credible or important enough

The thing people keep overlooking when you say they have that match, is that it alone isn't enough. They want and need to stack the deck to launch the channel that night. HHH/Taker is more important and bigger than anything that card can produce outside Cena/Rock. For the money they have put into the network, you go big, not just big enough.

You have to fit the criteria to challenge the streak now
- Credible, not just a jobber or transitional guy (axes out Christian)
- An actual draw who the fans care about (leaves Randy on the the fringe, axes Jericho)
- A guy who is safe enough to work with Taker and not hurt possible future matches, when he hasn't had a match in a year (bye Wade)
- the people must care about you (poor Alberto)

That match is money to casuals and even celebs, and you don't trust it to a guy who can't draw, isn't over, or is too wet behind the ears to keep Taker safe no matter what even with some rust.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't matter who Taker faces at mania the people spending money on aren't gonna be spending it on that match it will be for Cena/Rock do the drawing factor here is irrelevant. Taker could be facing Santino and it wouldn't equal any less buys for the PPV. I do agree that it has to be a big match just for the sake of it's become a standard for the match to be a great match which is why I think Orton would work given how good he's been in the ring this year or Dolph Ziggler if you wanna go the young up and coming route since Dolph has been one of the best in ring workers since last year and keeps getting better. Could really be a great rub for him just to be in the match. Miz works but don't see the two meshing to create a great match.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If it airs on the network, buys won't be the only thing to matter. Viewership and ratings will match by match on the network assuming they still plan to broadcast the feeds in a simulcast. They need good numbers to show ad people, not channel flippers or people who tune out and in only for Rock/Cena unlike when you buy a ppv and the buy automatically counts whether they change a channel or not

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I totally forgot about including Kane, if it isn't any superstars I listed, I'd go with him or Dolph Ziggler. Would make for a great match.