"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Whats the next belt you see WWE bringing?

Jack Swagger a World Champion, thoughts?

Is Swagger holding the belt for Dreamer? Will Dreamer end his Winning Streak?

Montana

Whats the next belt you see WWE bringing?

You mean like the next belt they are bringing back? Or a new belt? I don't think there are any plans at the minute, but i would guess the next would be the cruiserweight belt. I don't think they are going to bring it in anytime soon, but if i had to guess one, that would be it.

Jack Swagger a World Champion, thoughts?

Well, its the ECW belt. Its been losing its importance for some time now. I see Swagger as a great wrestler, and he has a lot of potential, but it just seems too soon. Like they didn't build him up enough. Sure he's undefeated, and has been doing great; but there wasn't any struggle to the belt.

Is Swagger holding the belt for Dreamer? Will Dreamer end his Winning Streak?

I would think so, by the looks of that promo. I was just wondering the other day if they would give Dreamer another run. It tough to say if he deserves it. He's played an instrumental role in the history, but this is the new ECW. Tazz and Styles don't even do commentary for ECW. So i could see dreamer getting real close and losing as well. This will be an interesting angle to watch.

Beer Money Army

were you a big fan of ecw???

(myself: i thought it was average.. some great talent, but then again anyone could swing a weapon around and sell it...

who was your favourite ECW wrestler?

(mine: RVD, 2 cold scorpio would be close to 2nd)

who did you dislike the Most in ECW???

(mine: 911 fucking jobber)...

Montana

were you a big fan of ecw???

Yeah, i was. I thought the attitude and storyline made ECW something special at the time. I actually started watching it pretty early. It was tough to follow for a while. I had the ECW video game, and i got a free ecw shirt out of it. The only wrestling shirt i own. Looking back ECW wasn't all that great, but at the time it was some original and different. I actually was at the raw in detroit where Sabu wrestled flash funk aka 2 cold scorpio. I marked out to see sabu live. (especially considering he was in ECW at the time)

who was your favourite ECW wrestler?

Well, at first Sabu, then RVD. I also liked Raven, Shane Douglas, The Dudleys, Impact players.

who did you dislike the Most in ECW???

I didnt like the FBI. It seemed they were around a lot, and really didn't bring much to the table. Jerry Lynn, because he was kinda boring. Wasn't big on Roadkill either, or danny doring. I think that was his name.

Airfixx

1. I was extremely suprised as to how little offense they let Hardy get in against Swagger in their title match..

Do you think there was any concious intention behind this?

2. So, what's your forcast on the HBK/JBL storyline?

Do you see there being a blow-off match between the two @ WM or do you see this running beyond WM and, as I predict, that they won't clash until sometime after mania?

3. So the rumours go, DH Smith is next in line for a spot in 'Legacy'...

Do you see him as being a good addition?
Anyone else come to mind you think would be better?
Would you rather see another Hart Foundation?

4. As a big Mr Pefect fan, I'm utterly intrigued about the prospects and ability of Joe Hennig and would love it if he was succesfully factored into Legacy somehow....

Have you seen much of his work? ...You have any views on the guy?

Montana

1. I was extremely suprised as to how little offense they let Hardy get in against Swagger in their title match..

Do you think there was any concious intention behind this?

Yeah, theres probably a few factors. Certainly you don't want your underqaulified new ECW to barely beat hardy, especially when his character is a cocky, great wrestler. So in that respect, it wasn't that bad. Plus heel generally dominate matches. Swagger used the exposed turnbuckle for the win as well. So its wasn't a huge deal for me, but certainly swagger dominated that match. I think hardy might have been on offense during the commercial too, perhaps.

2. So, what's your forcast on the HBK/JBL storyline?

Do you see there being a blow-off match between the two @ WM or do you see this running beyond WM and, as I predict, that they won't clash until sometime after mania?

Well, i see this going one of two ways. I can't see this going past WM. Maybe some rematches and such, but i def. see HBK/JBl at or before mania. I have a strange feeling HBK is going to win the rumble, HBK will accidently superkick JBL in his match against Cena at teh rumble, thus JBL is pissed off at HBK. JBL demands HBK to give him his shot at the belt at mania. This goes for a few weeks, before HBK says if you want it, you have to beat me for it. HBK beats JBL..... HBK beats Cena at mania, only to have Cena turn heel in the final minutes of WM.

Or they could just give us HBK/JBL at mania. I like my theory a little better.

3. So the rumours go, DH Smith is next in line for a spot in 'Legacy'...

Do you see him as being a good addition?
Anyone else come to mind you think would be better?
Would you rather see another Hart Foundation?

I don't see him being added to legacy. I dont believe that rumor. I would expect him and TJ Wilson will debut on SD as the tag team and stay away from legacy, for now. I dont think he would a good addition. Hmmmm. A better fit. I think Reid Flair would be alright fit, but he's a few years out.

I do not want to see another hart foundation, in fact im getting sick of second generation wrestlers. The wwe is going over board with it right now. They are trying to relive old memories and traditions, and to me, some of the other guys aren't getting a fair shake. For example, Cody Rhodes, he's not that good all around. I'm assume he has to have a great work ethic or something, because he's not the future of the wwe. Don't get me wrong, some 2nd gen. guys have "it" but a lot don't.

4. As a big Mr Pefect fan, I'm utterly intrigued about the prospects and ability of Joe Hennig and would love it if he was succesfully factored into Legacy somehow....

Have you seen much of his work? ...You have any views on the guy?

I seen him, and i wasn't a fan of joe henning. He's too plain for my taste. Basically another hard worker, that doesn't have "it" He's got some size to him, but i dont anything from in terms of charisma. He still has to get better in the ring. Certainly wrestlers improve over the years, but right now he's not looking too good in my book. However he is getting a good push in FCW.

Beer Money Army

Y2J... who should he face at mania????

I know i want to see a Y2J Vs Taker badly.. damn WWE for not producting atleast 1 match between the 2..

But for the looks of his fired storyline.. Do you think Y2J Could feud with Vince Mcmahon????

Face it: Vince return he will get heavily popped, cause he;'s the best mcmahon..

Y2J has been demanding him to return but got fired last week, by steph..

I just got a gut feeling this week raw, Y2J will have some interaction with Vince on Raw...

I don't see him moving to S/down, due to the large depth of heels on the brand, As The live atompshere on to live TV suits Y2J really well and plus Raw needs Y2J..

Montana

Y2J... who should he face at mania????

But for the looks of his fired storyline.. Do you think Y2J Could feud with Vince Mcmahon????

I'm thinking Y2J vs HHH (again) To me this makes a lot of sense. Two veterns, with not really a big match planned for either, so why not have a interpromotional match. Have Y2J put his hands on Steph sometime soon, HHH makes the save. They bring up old memories... Jericho says he's going to beat HHH at Mania. Blah blah blah...Both wrestlers are in a meaningful fued.

Cause really, theres not much on Raw for Jericho. I have to think SD is going to be involved Hardys vs Edge+ Christian. Which leaves Cena, Orton, Taker, HBK and HHH. It would seem to make sense just book the easy matchups.

- Cena vs Orton
- HBK vs Undertaker
- HHH vs. Jericho
- Hardys vs Edge/Christian.

UNLESS they want Edge vs HHH at mania, and JBL vs HBK. I would think that would free up the Undertaker vs Jericho. But thats a longshot. They could even have Cena vs. HBK or Undertaker. But I think just keep it simple.

edgehead09

Reaction score
can u go read my review of the ROH VA show and tell me what u think....It was my first review and i wanna know wat u think...

rep

Beer Money Army

Who do you think Sting will drop Title to?

(imo: i am thinking AJ styles, But i can see sting holding the belt until slammiversary/victory road, I reckon Sting will feud with team 3D, then we will get a 8 or man 10 lockdown, Maybe a Sting Vs Samoa Joe, but how aj styles has been build in 07/08 i really can see him to be the one to defeat Sting for the Belt and lead the new generation in tna heights.)
During this defense Aj styles would of cause be feuding with pretty much every MEM and the won over steiner is the start of Aj styles stage towards World title.)

How do you think Sting will get kicked out of MEM???

(imo whoever sting drops the belt, i got a feeling he will wanna shake his hand in order of respect and honor, The new champ will shake.. but THE MEM won't approve and do there personally hit on sting at that PPV or on Impact after it.. This of course will put the STing Vs Kurt Angle Centerpiece onto Bound For glory but this title without Belt.. Personally Maybe both Careers. (as we know Sting has been hints for years end at the start of the year he will reitre soon, ). If they can build it up write. a Career's on the LIne at BFG between Kurt Angle Vs Sting will sell much more than there title match on BFG a few years ago)...

Montana

can u go read my review of the ROH VA show and tell me what u think....It was my first review and i wanna know wat u think...

Pretty good. Maybe add some match ratings, or estimated times. I think anytime you write a review try to add as much behind the scenes stuff as you can. Chants, special moments, someone backstage, getting to meet a wrestler. That sorta stuff.

Who do you think Sting will drop Title to?

Hmmm, right now it would look like AJ styles, but i think TNA is going to do something wacky here. AJ Styles would be the most logical choice, but I'll go out on a limb and say Samoa Joe will turn heel and beat Sting. I think Sting will go face soon, which means he will have to drop it to a heel. At first i was thinking Booker T, but he's got the legends belt. So i think it would make sense for Joe to win the belt back from Sting.

How do you think Sting will get kicked out of MEM???

I think it will be fairly simple. The MEM are in the middle of a big match/ or beatdown they demand sting to join. He walks away, they attack him Nothing too crazy.

Beer Money Army

hey, on a 5 star rating scale. what would you give HBk Vs cena from last week raw?

Montana

hey, on a 5 star rating scale. what would you give HBk Vs cena from last week raw?

I'd say its about 4.0 - 4.25 - I saw it live, and i was half on the computer, but it looked very good for television. I think its sometimes tough to rate these matches bc you don't see the action during commercials and such. I'd say their previous matches were better than this, although, for what it was, this one was pretty damn good.

Montana

I haven't' watch WWE or TNA since October '08. Can you tell me what's been going on?

Raw:

- HBK has lost his retirement funds, and is forced to seek JBL for finanicial help. JBL now owns HBK, but HBK remains face. This is the big story here. Right now Cena is in middle of these two. Cena vs HBK last week on raw, thats worth checking out.

- They tried to make the IC belt mean something with a tournament. Punk has since been fueding with Regal. FOught twice, punk almost won the belt both times. Setting up for finale next week.

- Legacy has grown and shrunk a few times. Now its Orton, Rhodes, and a returning Dibiase. Manu, and Sim Snuka (duece) are now fueding with them since getting kicked out.

- Jericho was fired by steph. Vince returns next week, so he will likely rehire Jericho or something. I would assume this could lead to a Jericho/HHH fued.

ECW-

Jack Swagger has gotten a huge push and even beat Matt Hardy last week for the ECW championship.

SD-

Jeff Hardy finally won the belt in a very good 3 way with HHH and Edge at Armeggedon.

- Jeff Hardy was in a car crash and rumors of a former nemesis of Hardy returning for a fued.

- MVP has still been losing, but recently won a match with HHH's help. So he's like a face now.

- Thats about it....Edge/Vickie same bs going on. HHH still squashing everyone. Undertaker still showing up every other month.

Impact

- Still the MEM/Frontline going on. MEM has still been beating the frontline. 3D and Rhyno were recently added to the frontline. Fans are a little fusterated with this storyline at the moment.

- Alex Shelly just won the X-divison belt from Chris Sabin, great match at genesis.

- Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett II at Genesis was another great match. Better than anything from all of 08. Angle destorys Jarrett after the match.

- MEM has recently taken out LAX after Hernandez cashed in his shot at Sting

- Creed/Lethal won the belts, only to drop them back to Beer Money

- I want to say Morgan and Abyss were starting to fued with each other now too.

- Little Petey Pump returns to take out steiner.

So imo Raw/ Impact have the most going on. If you want better matches ECW/SD is the way to go.