"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

If booked to it's full potential right now (and WWE left to it's PG rating system) do you think TNA would be a legit threat against WWE?

Montana

If booked to it's full potential right now (and WWE left to it's PG rating system) do you think TNA would be a legit threat against WWE?

Good question, and i think based on your wording of "full potential" no TNA will not be a threat. But when has the WWE been booked at its full potential? Personally i think it's a pipe dream to think Raw will magically become perfect, with some competition now. So i do think TNA can be a threat, in terms of ratings. I don't really see TNA making the profits, market share, and all those other aspects that the WWE have a ton of revenue coming in. But in terms of a wrestling product, and overall show quality, yes. Things have to work in TNA's favor too. Losing a few wrestlers to WWE, could really hurt their product. So tna needs to be careful they don't do anything to f' up their momentum now too.

So many maybe's for TNA becoming a threat to the WWE. I wouldn't say it's likely, but it certainly can happen.

Qwake

Have you been following the Pistons for the start of the season? What do you think of their team this year and how do you think they will go?

Your thoughts on Hogan and Bischoff going to TNA? What would you like to see both men doing and do you think they will be a big help to TNA?

Montana

Have you been following the Pistons for the start of the season? What do you think of their team this year and how do you think they will go?

With the additions the pistons made, they are still a lot like last years team. They need rebounding, and they have no team chemistry. Offensively they are good. They are one of the more talented teams in the league, imo. However they just can't seem to put it together. They got Stuckey, Gordon, and Bynum who are all like the same player. A lack for big men who can rebound. You got Kwame Brown playing near 30 minutes, and Chris Wilcox not playing at all. All the games I've seen this year have no dunks, or just one. They looked OK the first game, but the last 2 without RIP they just aren't getting teh job done. With Gordon starting the bench is quite weak. Villaneava has played like shit the first 3 games, so they gotta get him more involved. I think they will end up fighting for a playoff spot. about the 40 wins range.

Your thoughts on Hogan and Bischoff going to TNA? What would you like to see both men doing and do you think they will be a big help to TNA?

Hmmm, well i think Hogan will help in the short long, and Bischoff will help in the long run. I can't see Hogan being in TNA very long. However, he's already stirred a pretty big buzz around TNA already. In order for TNA to be sucessful, they have to use these guys right. Their programming has to be near flawless now, because now is the time new viewers are tuning in. I'd like to see Hogan come in at first, kinda promote TNA and their young guys as a face. Eventually turning on one of them, starting a new MEM/NWO like faction. I can see Eric Bischoff trying to get into Mick Foleys head and working wtih him a lot over booking and things like that. Maybe fued over the position.

MizMasta3000

What do you think is next for Lashley and Steiner now that Kurt is apparently a face

Montana

Have you seen DGUSA's UNTOUCHABLE show yet? Thoughts?

No, when DGUSA started i was pretty hyped, but i guess when the con's of the company sunk in, i don't really feel obligated to follow it. I'll probably watch a string of the PPV's in a row, but for now it's not really worth it. Having a two every 2 months, hurts imo. WHich is probably the main reason i haven't watched the shows. On top of that, its the DG and Chikara style, which is cool, but gets old fast. Plus you have the DG guys not speaking english which hurts. So thats how i feel about it in a nutshell. Not that its all that bad, just not for me, right now i guess.
One of these days ill catch up on it.

What do you think is next for Lashley and Steiner now that Kurt is apparently a face

I hear Lashley might be done with TNA. I could see Lashley turning to a fued with the World Elite. Seems like a natural choice, assuming he doesnt fued wiht any of steinerss homies.

As for Kurt Angle as a face, that kind of happened overnight huh? Not sure how i feel about that, BUT i love the Nigel/ANgle fued.

Beer Money Army

Do you think They should switch Christian for Matt Hardy in 2010?

christian - Smackdown
Matt hardy - ECW

(IMO i think Christian has done everything for that Brand and needs to move on. Smackdown will be the perfect place for him, While Matt Hardy on Smackdown is a lost cause, They Have nothing creative for him and last time He was on ECW he was at his Best and i Personally think it can work again.)

Plus i wanna see a Christian Vs CM Punk, CHristian Vs John Morrison, Christian Vs Drew and there is alot of rematches i wanna see him do such as Members of Hart Dynasty, Y2J, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio.)

I personally think if Christian goes on Raw, He will suffer the same thing that he use to get when he was on that brand in the mid 2000's. Just being hanging around I-C Championship similiar to Y2J and won't get a WWE Championship Bout.

Montana

Do you think They should switch Christian for Matt Hardy in 2010?

christian - Smackdown
Matt hardy - ECW

I do agree Christian is about ready to leave ECW. He's proved that he's better than the current roster, in many ways. And i agree Smackdown would be the best place for him to go. However i don't feel Matt Hardy should return to ECW. His run with ECW was good, and the landscaped has changed, i just don't think a guy like Hardy can carry a show. I'd rather see a younger guy, (like a Jack Swagger, but not him) lead the show.

I would send Carlito or R - Truth to ECW. Depending on if you want a heel or face. I think both would be great additions. Then send Christian to SD.

Montana

Favorite non-ROH show of the year and why?

Good Question, and the answer is i don't think i have one. Im assuming you mean WWE/TNA. If not i'd probably go with PWG 99 or the first or second Dragon Gate shows. (even though i haven't watched the full verison of either)

I think the WWE has put on some bad ppv's this year thus far. They just aren't catching my interest. HHH/Orton Cena/Orton...It's all been done the past few years. But anyways, my top 3 WWE ppvs have been Xtreme Rules, SummerSlam, and Wrestlemania. Xtreme Rules because i like the gimmick concept, and had a good ending. SummerSlam and WM mostly because they were the big two. These shows are about 7.5/10

I've been much more satisfied with TNA's PPV's this year. You have Genesis, Lockdown, Slamiversary, Bound for Glory and Turning Point. Each of these PPV's were quite good. As far as picking the best, it's tough. These are better than the WWE's ppvs imo. All of these are about 8-8.5/10

ROH hasn't had a great year, but its the best promotion by far imo. There bad shows, aren't THAT bad. And they got about 6-8 Very good shows this year already.

Your thoughts on the Survivour Series PPV?

Haven't watched it yet. I've never been a big fan of Survivor Series and looking at the card, it just didn't interest me. I didn't see Cena or Taker losing their belts. Batista had his match won. The SS matches looked alright, but nothing really jumped at me. I looked at the results and reviews, and think i might just wait and pick up the DVD for cheap later on down the line when i get the Survivor Series anthology set.

PeepShow

Wow, what did you think of Survivor Series then? Or have you just not seen it yet?

Wordlife

Thoughts on Cena/Taker possibly for WM26.... also thoughts on Sheamus's recent push!?!?!

Qwake

How do you think ROH will benefit from the live streaming of the Final Battle PPV and are you going to watch it?

Also what do you think of this years Final Battle card?