"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

How do you feel about the Undertaker right now? Do you think he is part of the cause of a few superstars not getting their proper shine on smackdown AKA CM Punk and John Morrison?

Montana

How do you feel about the Undertaker right now? Do you think he is part of the cause of a few superstars not getting their proper shine on smackdown AKA CM Punk and John Morrison?

I have mixed feelings about the Undertaker. On one hand, he's a legend, and the WWE should be, and they are grateful he's still around. Myself personally, if your not helping the show, then what's the point. But simply having the Undertaker headline a PPV helps the buyrates. So thats why i have mixed feelings. Personally i think he should be in upper card fueds similar to how he was in 92-94. Keeping a good legacy going, fueding with guys like Dolph Ziggler, defeating guys like Ziggler, but still Undertaker going over, and Ziggler gets a good rub by fueding with undertaker. (Maybe not Ziggler, but along those lines) He reminds me a lot of Hogan in his later stages in his career. Working a limited schedule at the upper card. These guys may be old, but they can't be expected to put over EVERY younger wrestlers, without tarnishing their rep.

I don't think Undertaker has stinted CM Punk or John MOrrision's growth. I didn't think Taker should have took the belt off PUnk, but I thought they would have extended the fued, with CM Punk getting the upper hand. So i think the WWE dropped the ball with that one. Morrison really isn't in Taker's league yet, but will work his way up there soon.

So bottomline, i wouldn't have had the Undertaker defeat Punk for the title, but rather fued over the belt.

MizMasta3000

IMO, before Undertaker returned. JoMo was putting on clinics with the likes of Punk, Hardy and Jericho. Rey Mysterio's refusal to give Ziggler the belt and giving it to Morrison weighed him down even more keeping him out of the main event.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Ezekiel Jackson? He has really grown on me alot and I think in time he can be a big player someday

The Rated R CMStar

Related to the question above...do you really think that it was Rey Mysterio the one who refused to drop the belt to Ziggler and drop it instead to Morrison?

Personally, I dont agree with MizMasta in the sense that he's trying to put the blame on Taker (and apparently now on Rey) for Morrison not being main eventing right now. I blame his lack of decent crowd reaction.

Montana

IMO, before Undertaker returned. JoMo was putting on clinics with the likes of Punk, Hardy and Jericho. Rey Mysterio's refusal to give Ziggler the belt and giving it to Morrison weighed him down even more keeping him out of the main event.

Morrison was putting on great matches with those guys before the Undertaker came around, however I don't feel Taker is really getting in the way of that. Hell, he doesn't show up to SD half the time. His push has slowed down a little, but it's the WWE. Every midcarder goes through the ups and downs. Also, it wasn't really rey's refusal to give Dolph the belt. I think the WWE was pissed at Dolph for some reason or another. Again the ups and downs of a midcarder.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Ezekiel Jackson? He has really grown on me alot and I think in time he can be a big player someday

I guess i don't have a lot of thoughts about him. He's look alright in the ring for a big man. My biggest problems is his voice. For that size he should intimidating everyone. He should be booked as a monster, and he's not. When Kendrick left, the WWE should have held off a few months on Jackson and repackaged him, imo. Or at least use him better. Not feeling the roundtable faction.

Personally, I dont agree with MizMasta in the sense that he's trying to put the blame on Taker (and apparently now on Rey) for Morrison not being main eventing right now. I blame his lack of decent crowd reaction.

Yeah. Rey was for Dolph. But Rey put over Drew Mcintyre anyway. I don't think Taker returning helped anyone, but you can't really blame taker for it. It's how things are booked. When a main eventer is sidelined, it opens up doors for others to side up. When the main eventer returns, its up to creative to figure out something for both of them to do.

MizMasta3000

What do you think of TNA's current product and what will they need to do to improve it? Also, will they ever be a threat to WWE?

Montana

What do you think of TNA's current product and what will they need to do to improve it? Also, will they ever be a threat to WWE?

Hmmm good question. Personally i am enjoying TNA's product better than the WWE's but they are not seeing the results they want, or really should be seeing. I think it's a lot of little things TNA's is going to need to get to the level of competing with the wwe. First of all, they need to understand it's not going to happen over night. Why they had Sting, RVD, and Jeff Hardy all return on the same night is beyond me. They should have spaced that stuff out. Since TNA has been around their problem is consistency. THey can't have Awesome week, average, good, ok, Awesome shows. Another thng they can do, which i think they are is being a different product than WWE. WWE doesn't use blood, than TNA should. TNA should have a more extreme, attitude like product. Another thing is don't forget what made you this far. They have a great tag division and x division so highlight it. I think some minor improvements to the fueds will help TNA. Better storylines/fueds always helps. I think they need some identity as to who is the top tier talent in the company. You can't have Joe main event, then midcard, then dissapear. On top of all these things, I'd say steal wrestlers like they've been doing from the WWE. All is fair in love and war. I think signing someone like Randy Orton/CM Punk/Jericho/Edge from the WWE would be huge.

It's not easy, but its not going to happen overnight like Hulk Hogan would have liked.

Hometown Kid

Are you gonna check out NOAH's Global League coming up?

Here are the blocks...

BLOCK A
- Takashi Sugiura (GHC Heavyweight Champion)
- Takeshi Rikio
- Takuma Sano
- Bison Smith
- Jun Akiyama
- Kensuke Sasaki
kensukeoffice.jpg

BLOCK B
- Naomichi Marufuji
- Takeshi Morishima
- Mohammed Yone
- Akitoshi Saito
- Yoshihiro Takayama
- Toshiaki Kawada

It's shaping up to be one of their best tourneys in awhile, with Kawada and Akiyama the favorites in their blocks.

Reaction score
Are you gonna check out NOAH's Global League coming up?

Here are the blocks...

BLOCK A
- Takashi Sugiura (GHC Heavyweight Champion)
- Takeshi Rikio
- Takuma Sano
- Bison Smith
- Jun Akiyama
- Kensuke Sasaki
kensukeoffice.jpg

BLOCK B
- Naomichi Marufuji
- Takeshi Morishima
- Mohammed Yone
- Akitoshi Saito
- Yoshihiro Takayama
- Toshiaki Kawada

It's shaping up to be one of their best tourneys in awhile, with Kawada and Akiyama the favorites in their blocks.

Hot damn does Block B look beastly!

Hometown Kid

Hot damn does Block B look beastly!

Yeah, Block B is easily superior. The one thing that I thought was weird is they're in the middle of trying to build up Yone and I can't imagine anything good for him when he has to go up against those names for a month. I personally thought they could have switched Yone to A for one of those guys that won't win (Sasaki, Rikio), I mean there's a chance Bison Smith of all people has a chance of advancing.

Reaction score
^^ I haven't kept up with NOAH in many a moon, but they're starting to give Bison more than a mid card status? And when did Suguira get the strap? I don't really care for the guy, I'd much rather Marufuji, Morishima or Akiyama hold the crown. What's Kobashi up to? Sorry to take the questions away from Monte.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Who are some of your favourite big men workers in the world today?

Which wrestler should be leading a resurgence of the X Division, should it happen, and why?

Who do you want to see move this year in the draft in WWE?

Do you like the WrestleMania card? Anything you would have done to improve it?

Yeah, a whole lot of questions, but I haven't asked you anything in ages.

Hometown Kid

Yeah, sorry for hijacking your thread, Monty, but i'm gonna go ahead and answer Enzo. :hug:

Bison is only getting built up because NOAH has been hit with a terrible amount of injuries, but they're starting to consider him up there with Sugi, who everyone's high on.

Speaking of Sugi, he won the title in December from Go so Go wouldn't have to put up the title against Tanahashi at NJPW's WKIV the next month, but before they could put it back on Go, he got injured. So Sugi, (who also is nursing a less severe injury) has kept the belt. He'll almost certainly drop it to the winner of the Global League. But i'm with ya, those guys are better than Sugi, KENTA (injured) has bulked up a few pounds since he started training, so i'd look for him to get a run, which I think would be great.

Kobashi...It looked really sad. He had nerve surgery and the doctor said "0% chance of recovery". But miraculously he's looked better of late and has even posed for fans. So i'd think a retirement match is on the horizon.