"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Wow, what did you think of Survivor Series then? Or have you just not seen it yet?

No, i didn't see Survivor Series, and realy don't have much interest/time to see it. I'm actually paying more attention to TNA at the moment than WWE. I'm sure once Jan. starts rolling around the WM hype will come in and i'll be back to the WWE. But for now, the WWE is just killing time, and doign some small set ups. I'm waiting for Danielson and Low Ki to debut too!

Is there anything is should watch on Survivor Series? I read the results/reviews. Didn't seem like anything noteworthy happened.

Thoughts on Cena/Taker possibly for WM26

I actually was really pushing hard for this match at the timeframe of WM 22. Looking bad, it was a good idea to wait for this match. Imo, it's WM so go balls out. No sense saving any matches. So i like this idea. I don't think it will be that great of a match by any means, but something epic like Hogan/Warrior (but not quite on that level)

also thoughts on Sheamus's recent push!?!?!

The same thing i thought about Vladimir Kozlov's and Drew Mcintyre's push. It's nothing. Sheamus is a flash in the pan. He's not all that bad, BUT i hate how the wwe decides to push someone before their over. That's really dumb imo. Then the people that deserve a solid push (MVP, Swagger) get lost in the shuffle.

How do you think ROH will benefit from the live streaming of the Final Battle PPV and are you going to watch it?

I'm going to try to watch it. I think it does benefit ROH, as many loyal fans follow the results during the show. It may have a small buy rate, but its a step in the right direction. Seems like a handful of ppl already said they are buying it.

Also what do you think of this years Final Battle card?

Actually, it's pretty bad imo. Glory by HOnor was by far a bigger show, and would have been a much better choice for the first live stream. The main event is OK. Aries and Black normally always have a good match. Rematch from last year. I expect Aries to retain. American Wolves vs Briscoes, should be real good, but the Briscoes are just coming back, and i haven't really felt the momentum and heat they should have. Evans and Romero vs. Hart and Koslov is kind of a throw in. Final battle is supposed to be a HUGE show, and ROH has had all year to build this up and they've done a horrible job at it. (which i could see all year coming, not to say ROH has been all that bad) But i was hoping for more. Only 3 matches announced, so i do expect a good show once the full lineup is announced. Sounds like the fans really want another Hero vs Kingston matchup.

Heres my fantasy card.

4 Corner Survival
Aries/Black/Strong/Hero

"Losing team must break up"
American Wolves vs. Briscoes vs. Steenrico

Stretcher Match
Kenny King vs. Jerry Lynn

Fight Without Honor (If Kingston loses, he must leave ROH for good)
Kingston vs. Hero

Pick 6 Spot (old vs. New)
Steve Corino vs. Kenny Omega

Handicap Match
Erick Stevens vs. The Young Bucks

"Loser must wear a dress"
Colt Cabana vs. Rhett Titus

Teddy Hart vs. Jack Evans vs. Rocky Romero vs. Alex Koslov

PeepShow

Is there anything is should watch on Survivor Series? I read the results/reviews. Didn't seem like anything noteworthy happened.

Survivor Series tag with Team Orton/Team Kofi and the triple thread between HBK/HHH/Cena were both **** imo.

Hometown Kid

Thoughts on Sheamus and Drew Mcintyre winning titles and where do they go from here? (since you're such a big fan of theirs. :D)

Who's your favorite women's wrestler currently going?

ECW could be breaking down a little bit soon, what do you see for Christian and Shelton Benjamin's futures?

AJ Styles' title reign: Anything you'd do different to make it better?

Montana

Thoughts on Sheamus and Drew Mcintyre winning titles and where do they go from here? (since you're such a big fan of theirs. )

Not a real problem with Mcintyre winning a midcard title. It's actually probably a good idea. I don't think it was the right time for Morrision to drop the belt though. Pretty good fued between those guys though.

Sheamus on the other hand, i still feel like its a joke. I'm all for pushing new talent, but they really didnt even build Shaemus up. I think the biggest singles match win before Cena was Shelton (if he even did beat him, which i think he did) SO many other worthy guys could have been done instead of Shaemus. I haven't watched much WWE since Survivor Series. Nothing is really catching my eye much, and i've been a little busier. I think once Jan. rolls the WM hype will bring me back in.

Who's your favorite women's wrestler currently going?

Not a big fan of womens wrestling, but Kong is fun to watch. That other mexican chick in TNA is good. Sara del ray is good too.

ECW could be breaking down a little bit soon, what do you see for Christian and Shelton Benjamin's futures?

Good things for Christian, and i think Shelton will be lost in the shuffle again, if he moves to Raw/SD. Christian is the type of guy they need on both raw/SD. A fresh face, and put on some good fueds.

AJ Styles' title reign: Anything you'd do different to make it better?

I think they are doing a good job at it. I'd say keep doing the same, and throw more competition at him. It may sound old school...but create a monster to run through TNA and have him get a shot against AJ, only to lose. Someone like a Abyss, but stronger. Like a undefeated streak. Other than that, keep throwing him in great matches, and against the biggest names in TNA.

Qwake

What are your full thoughts on the Final Battle PPV, do you think it was worth buying the stream?

What did you think of the latest TNA PPV (forgot the name), if you didn't see it what do you think of the results/outcomes?

Out of all the briefcase winners in Feast or Fired, who would you like to see win their title match?

ROH's tag division is awesome right now but it may be about to slow down if the briscoes sign with the WWE, if the Young Bucks sign with TNA and also now that the Wolves lost the titles and steenerico have broken up, if the Bucks and Briscoes were to leave ROH do you think ROH would need to bring in more teams to replace them or just use the other current teams they have more regularly?

Montana

What are your full thoughts on the Final Battle PPV, do you think it was worth buying the stream?

I do think it was worthy buying the stream for me. I thought it was over priced, but ROH came through with a great PPV. Probably the most fun I've ever had watching a PPV, and that was the first PPV i've ever purchased myself. In the past i used to go to bars, or a friends house to watch WWE ppvs. But i really enjoyed the show, and i think all PPV's should follow ROH's format. What i liked best about the show was that things actually happened on this show. After you see a WWE or TNA PPV you have one or two things to talk about. But after Final Battle, the foundation of ROH was shook, imo. Which is a great thing heading into 2010 losing their top 2 guys, and a shake up was a must. Look at all the surprises on this show. Larry Sweeney returns, Pelle returns, Steen turns on generico, Brian Kendrick to return to ROH, Briscoes beat the american wolves, Kings of Wrestling reformed, Teddy and Jack returned despite weather. On top of that, some great matches with Hero/Kingston and Bucks/Steenerico. Hardcore wrestling, high flying, technical, it had it all. Also i enjoyed the behind teh scenes feel this ppv had. It made you feel like you were in New York.

Claudio vs. Colt, vs. Omega vs. Rhett 3.0

Stevens/Bison vs. Delirous and Dempsey 2.5

Hero vs. Kingston 3.75-4.0

Bucks vs. Steenerico 4.0 - 4.25

Strong vs. King 3.25

Romero vs. Koslov 3.25

Briscoes vs. Wolves 3.75

Black vs. ARies ( i didn't watch the full match yet)

What did you think of the latest TNA PPV (forgot the name), if you didn't see it what do you think of the results/outcomes?

I saw the results...nothing too shocking or surprising other than Bashir losing. But I dl'd the show, so im probably watching that tonight.

Out of all the briefcase winners in Feast or Fired, who would you like to see win their title match?

I didn't see who got the briefcases, but if i recall no one that good was in the match. I'll comment on these later todya or tomorrow.

ROH's tag division is awesome right now but it may be about to slow down if the briscoes sign with the WWE, if the Young Bucks sign with TNA and also now that the Wolves lost the titles and steenerico have broken up, if the Bucks and Briscoes were to leave ROH do you think ROH would need to bring in more teams to replace them or just use the other current teams they have more regularly?

Well, they already reformed the Kings of Wrestling, which was a great idea to be honest. If Hero wasn't going to get the world title this year, it was a excellent move, because it keeps Hero and Cluadio very relevent in main event matches. I think ROH is banking right now that the Young Bucks do not leavnig for TNA, and if they do it could be a huge loss. The Wolves will still be together for a little bit. Here's what i think the tag division will look like in 2010.

Briscoes (On contract until April/May/June timeframe)
Kings of Wrestling - Great move pairing these guys back up.
Young Bucks - The future of ROH tag wrestling, hope they don't bail.
American Wolves - How long will they stay together, like you said.
King Titus - Under rated tag team.
House the Truth - They could work their way up the ladder.
Dark City Fight Club - I like this team a lot.
Kevin Steen + Steve Corino - Interesting Duo
Colt Cabana + El Generico - Not sure if they are forming a tag team, or just buddies.
The Embassy - Stevens/ Bison
Up in Smoke -
The Set -

They still have twice as many tag teams as the WWE. I think you are very right about losing some of its top teams, however i think they are planning on it as well. I do see Steen/Corino vs. Colt/Generico fued heating up in 2010. They brought back the Kings, just in case some teams bolt. So assuming those teams leave, i still think they are in a OK spot for tag wrestling. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in some AAA and Chikara talent next year to fill some voids as well. I was also impressed with teh Culter Brothers. I'd like to see ROH give them a shot if they lose some top guys.

Montana

do you like kevin nash?

He has some good things about him, but overall i don't really care about him. I think my opinion may be bias because he jumped ship to WCW, which i thought was low class. I value loyalty, which is rare in the wrestling business. But yeah, in the ring he's a OK-good big man, at least he was. Rushed into the WWF title, and didn't really deliver at WM. Never been a huge fan of his characters, or attitude, but he could be kinda funny here and there on the mic. Didn't or ever seem like a guy i would build my company around, or hire as a booker. Seems kinda shady backstage. I guess i did like when he was an announcer though. So yeah, thats pretty much all my thoughts about him.

MizMasta3000

Whats up bro haven't seen ya in a while. Two things.

One check out my Intro to my new BTB and two, what do you think about
the rumor of Teddy Hart coming to the E with Bret and wanting to bring Jack Evans with him?

Montana

Final Resolution...i just watched most of the ppv, well the parts i wanted to. Very solid PPV outing. The final two matches were really good. Overall I'd give the PPV about a 7.75-8.0 / 10. The 3 degrees of pain match made me watch the PPV to begin with and that match was good. I'm still surprised Angle won. Wolfe needs a win over ANgle. (unlesss he has on impact in a street fight, i forget) PPV win none the less. I thought that match was 3.75-4.0 and Styles vs. Daniels 4.0, The tag match and the hardcore match were about 3.0 I want to see more of the Daniels / AJ fued as that was done really well. Perfect to be honest. Not surprised the MCMG lost, but oh well. Im ok with AByss and Foley winning. Can't complain much about this ppv, other than the stupid 4 on 4 match, which only confused me.

And whats up with Samoa Joe, I thought he was a heel, and now he's like a tweener again.

NOne to be honest. Joe is a legit threat to AJ's belt, however his workrate has went down over the years, and isn't the samoa joe of 05-06. At this point in TNA, i can't see them taking a chance with JOe as champ. Rob Terry as X division champ, im not so sure about. I dont know if i've seen him wrestle, let alone hang with the high flyers. They've probably do a david vs. goalith match with amazing red, or something. Kevin Nash winning the tag belts, with the idea Hall is coming in?? I think this is the best likley belt to change. I think they will play the angle, who will nash pick as his partner. And then Bashir gets fired, which was cool, but i would have liked to see Bashir go a little more awol, and have the announcers play it up, as he stole the breifcase from Cody Deaner.

Whats up bro haven't seen ya in a while. Two things.

Lot's of BS stuff going on with the holidays and my job. I broke a bone in my hand, and didn't know about for a few weeks. I actually bowled my best game ever with it. It looks kinda messed up now though. On top of that, my computer's router died, or something. I've been trying to figure out whats up with that. Haven't been able to log on from home much, but realized i could just hook it up to the cable box, which is what im doing now.

One check out my Intro to my new BTB

Looks pretty cool. Like others mentioned a big roster to start off. I like the backstory, a little soap opera - ish, but i like that. I've always been a fan of the entertainment aspect of wrestling. Fun main event, and Aries vs Danielson #5 on the card?? Good luck with it.

what do you think about the rumor of TH coming to the E with Bret and wanting to bring JE with him?

I'll believe it when i see it. WHen i first heard it i thought it was BS right away. I don't think TH is ready to come in, ESPECIALLY not on the back of Bret Hart. From a wrestling standpoint....maybe, but from a mental standpoint, i don't think he's ready for that type of responsibilty and accepting his role as a new guy, and a rookie in the WWE. Jack Evans i do think could handle that pressure much better, however not really sure if the WWE is going to let him skip development. Plus both these guys are contracted to AAA. So i don't see the truth in the rumor, but crazier stuff has happened i guess. LIke a few other ppl said, these guys are better off in TNA.

Qwake

Thanks for the good answers Montana, gotta few more for you :y:

Jimmy Jacobs appeared to be the mystery guy in the EVOLVE videos, your thoughts on Jacobs and his new look and what do you think we will see or what do you want to see from him in EVOLVE?

The Young Bucks have indeed gone to TNA, what do you see them doing in TNA?

What do you think of Brian Kendrick? He is suposed to be returning to ROH at the 8th anniversary, who would you like to see him face?

Rob Van Dam is sheduled for a match in PWG, your thoughts on that and your thoughts on PWG as of late?

Montana

Thanks for the good answers Montana, gotta few more for you

No problems, thanks for the good questions. On my post a week ago, I said i didn't watch in full the main event to FInal Battle, Aries and Black, and i watched it and i have mixed opinions of that match. On one hand, there were a lot of good things about the match. The final 15-20 minutes were great. Aries trying to get DQ'd was awesome. The middle dull part were they getting counted out, and dragging ass on the outside, was rather bad. I am not sure if it was because the fans there live werent buying it or what. So i think in some respect, the fans def. did hurt that match. On the other hand, Aries/Black should have been going at it a little more. It didn't seem like the match had a lot of wrestling, but more spot after spot for a while. Which made the match drag a little. Very tough match to rate. I'd say 3.5 but I almost don't want to rate it. I think a lot of people would blame that match on poor booking, but actually it probably was the best move booking they could have done. Black doesn't lose, and doesn't win the belt. Aries is still a prick, and the most deserving man to hold the belt at the moment. It gave the fans on the Ippv a great reason, in what seperates ROH from WWE and TNA. Guys that can go 60 minutes on a PPV. I do think there should have been a winner in that match, even though i liked the idea of 60 minutes. I'd say they should have had Jim Cornette say no time limit, and no DQ's until we have a winner, and then Aries cheats to win. But as you can see, i have a lot of thoughts and opinions of that match. Felt it needed to be said.

Jimmy Jacobs appeared to be the mystery guy in the EVOLVE videos, your thoughts on Jacobs and his new look and what do you think we will see or what do you want to see from him in EVOLVE?

I think his look is a natural progression in his character. It was almost certain he would come back as a face. I think Evolve will keep him as a major part of the company, as one of the few guys on the roster that can work the mic. So i think he'd be used similar to ROH being involved in the major storylines, but probably not the championship. I'm not a big fan of his face character, but i'll give it a little time. I'd like to see Evolve come to Detroit.

The Young Bucks have indeed gone to TNA, what do you see them doing in TNA?

I actually think they will make an "impact" right away. As much as i don't them as characters and personality, these guys are the real deal. I have no idea how they got so good so fast. I think the TNA fans and staff will pick up with them fairly quick. So i see good things for them. TNA is the spot to be for tag wrestling.

What do you think of Brian Kendrick? He is suposed to be returning to ROH at the 8th anniversary, who would you like to see him face?

I was thinking about this one, and i'm not really sure who I'd like to see him face. I think Kendrick is good, and i know a lot of ROH fans like him, and his return seems to be flying under the table, since all the happening at Final Battle. Looking at the roster, i think the best candidate right now is Tyler Black. Kendrick and Black both have similar athletic styles, which would work well. Black to heel out on the NYC crowd for turning on him and not supporting him against Aries. Kendrick as a vetern would be able to help get him over i think, and develop into a great fued. Another guy who would put on a great match with him would be Roderick Strong. He may be doing other things at the 8th anniversary show. Richards, and Aries would also make a good competitive match.

Rob Van Dam is sheduled for a match in PWG, your thoughts on that and your thoughts on PWG as of late?

PWG has been very good lately the past 12 months. They have a huge roster, and aren't afraid to spend the bucks to bring in top wrestlers. On the other hand, they almost never leave California. So it hard for them to grow in my opinon. I like that they do have a lighter side to them, and still a good in ring product. It's easier to follow than ROH with less DVD's but i think you get more bang for your buck with ROH. PWG just doesn't seem official to me. Like the PWG championships don't mean as much. They have very good matches, but not a lot of GREAT matches.

I think the RVD match is going to be incredible. RVD has always been one of my favorite and it should be a really fun match to see. THey picked great opponents, hopefully he's not too rusty.

MizMasta3000

What do you see Danielson bringing to the WWE in 2010 and what would you like to see him do. Also, your feelings on how WWE failed Colt Cabana?

MC Rae

Reaction score
What is your all-time dream match (can include past, present... anyone!)?

How would you handle Bret Hart's return and what would type of storyline would you have him involved in?

Montana

What do you see Danielson bringing to the WWE in 2010 and what would you like to see him do. Also, your feelings on how WWE failed Colt Cabana?

I think Danielson is going to try to fill the shoes of a pure wrestler, like a Chris Beniot/Kurt Angle. I think that's the idea behind him, and a well traveled mat wrestler. I like that role for him, and i'd like to see him start off with a undefeated streak. Take over the midcard division. Give him a serious character, which i think they are going to do.

I just don't see how they didn't see any potential in him. THey didn't seem to even really try to use him ever. If they let Colt be himself, i really think he could be something special in the WWE.

What is your all-time dream match (can include past, present... anyone!)?

I never really been a huge dream match kind of person. I'd like to see certain matchups at Mania...that WWE dropped the ball with. But heres what i'm thinking. Honestly probably the one dream match i wanna see, which the WWE missed was RVD vs. CM Punk. We got to see a little bit at December to dismember in the elimination chamber though. Also..

Undertaker vs. Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania.

Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle

Hogan vs. Flair at Wrestlemania

Im a big HBK fan...but he's wrestled just about everyone it seems.

How would you handle Bret Hart's return and what would type of storyline would you have him involved in?

Pretty much exactly how i tihnk they are going to run the angle. Bring Bret Hart in as a face with Vince Mcmahon Then Hart will align himslef with the Hart Foundation, and maybe question the WWE why they are giving the Hart foundation proper treatment/title shots. DX says they are sick of Hart coming back bitching, same guy 12 years later...story writes itself.